at the moment, I'm trying to get the new management server installed for a customer (mbmc-setup-220.127.116.1171.exe). And I'm stuck now.
- Server is Server 2016 Standard
- Read "Endpoint Security Quick Start Guide.pdf"
- Noticed that Malwarebytes wants to install an SQL Server 2008 Express, which is out of support since some time.
- Installed SQL Server 2016 Express (Next/Next/Next/Specify SA Password/Next/Next...... installation)
- Try again to install Malwarebytes.....
- If I try to use External Database and specify:
Database Address = .\SQLEXPRESS
User Name: SA and appropriate password
than it errors out with " A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occured during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) Installation was unable to access the database.
- Tried diffrent hacks from internet research, nothing helped. Database is accessible using management studio and the user SA and the password.......
Now I've no clue to get this installed.