I just want to convince the community that in 2019, Power DVD from Cyberlink is very likely a true-positive malware. I spent most of today trying to de-install it from my family's desktops and laptops and went down a terrible hellhole I wish upon no one. Please don't install anything from Cyberlink. Nearly impossible to de-install and possibly slowing down your computer's performance. :/
Here's just some of the things I had to do today to de-install PowerDVD from our PCs:
1. Run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner
2. Run Malwarebytes
3. Run Clean My PC from MacPaw (paid version)
4. Go into Control Panel to try to manually deinstall from Program menu (does not work, btw, which should be a huge flag to anyone)
5. Run scripts that lead me to uninstall directories, where I tried to manually remove file components
6. Run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall (https://support.microsoft.com/ko-kr/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed)
7. Run Microsoft Malicious Software Removal (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx)
8. Repeat and re-run all steps above incessantly until last trace of program stopped appearing in Application menus.
I will never get the (entire) day back that I lost to this sh**ty ordeal. I hope none of you install this mess. A non-Malware program wouldn't require this level of troubleshooting and rigor to de-install.