Jump to content

brittpopx

Members
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About brittpopx

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. My computer seems to be running just fine just did another scan from malwarebytes and there's still 0 malware, so everything seems to be perfectly clear now that I've dealt with the rootkit.
  2. newest.txt <-- Malwarebytes summary export AdwCleaner[S7].txt <-- AdwCleaner log FRST.txt Addition.txt
  3. All the steps you provided were successful on my part FRST.txt Here is the log created after scanning via the USB boot drive. When I booted up my pc, I did another threat scan and had 60 malware. I quarantined the 60, restarted, scanned again, and for the FIRST time, they didn't reappear! I have 0 malware found now! beforequar.txt <-- Scanning and finding the 60 malware and quarantining them. export.txt <-- After the reboot and re-scan. No more re-appearing malware!! A successful quarantine. Does this mean I'm all fixed and clear? And if so, can I finally re-sync google and feel safe?
  4. Sorry about the slow reply, I now have access to a clean computer so I will be making the boot up usb later today. I will post my reply after I try to complete all these steps. Thank you.
  5. Hi, I tried downloading the fixlist.txt file from your reply, but it kept saying "Insufficient permissions". I am using google chrome- even run as administrator. Files automatically save to my downloads folder where I DO have permissions, but the download still kept saying "Insufficient permissions". I then realized that even if I attempt to save this file on my desktop or anywhere else, it says the same thing. I then noticed if I right click your file and "save link as" and rename it anything else besides "fixlist" I am able to download it. I downloaded the text file naming it "lala" and went to rename it to "fixlist" so that FRST can recognize it (I am assuming FRST requires this file to be named "fixlist") but it does not let me change the name. To further test this, I created a brand new empty text file and named it something random and it was created. If I attempt to rename it "fixlist" it prompts me with the same error. So this isn't the specific fixlist file that you had included for me- but any text file newly created can't be named "fixlist". It's as if my computer refuses to let me rename this file as fixlist, or even have a file named fixlist. Sorry for this inconvenience, I am trying to follow all of your steps but I just ran into this confusing obstacle thank you for your help in advance.
  6. exportsummary.txt <-- Malwarebytes log after scanned and quarantined (even though, when I reboot and scan again, the malware is still there. This is a never-ending cycle that keeps repeating) AdwCleaner[S6].txt <-- Adwcleaner log. FRST.txt Addition.txt
  7. I recently got a virus and removed around 500 malware using malwarebytes and adwcleaner, but there is still 37 stubborn malware still affecting my pc. I scan via malwarebytes and quarantine which prompts a reboot, however, those 37 malware are still on my pc due to the repeated action of "removal failed". Each time I rescan and attempt to quarantine, the malware just keeps reappearing and not being deleted. When I run adwcleaner, it says "no unwanted element found!". but there are still trojans on my pc. I have included my exported log: log.txt and my adwcleaner log: AdwCleaner[S5].txt
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.