Greetings! If you're in the US, I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. Thanks in advance for your help with this!
On 11/20 (sorry I haven't opened a report before this but the holidays are busy) I got a notice on my laptop about a blocked website. The block notices started at 2:33 pm and stopped at 4:32 pm, so roughly 2 hours. I keep Malwarebytes updated and consider myself a savvy web and email user (I work in IT) so I'm very mindful of malware. That said, I also run CCleaner, and a few months ago I downloaded a malware infected update for that software that had been planted on their site. As soon as the malware was detected I cleaned my system (the only infected files found were part of CCleaner). However, as you know that doesn't mean that nothing malicious was installed on my system and just hasn't been detected yet.
Anyway, having read the forums about this block notice I have already run the November MS Malicious Software Removal Tool and it reported that there are 0 infected files.
Here is the export of the first protection event:
Protection Event Date: 11/20/17
Protection Event Time: 2:33 PM
Log File: ac6c09d4-ce29-11e7-b41d-00ff8c74eff2.json
Components Version: 1.0.236
Update Package Version: 1.0.3304
OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
File System: NTFS
-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0
IP Address: 255.255.255.255
Please let me know if you need additional troubleshooting details and if I have a genuine malware problem or if this is a false positive.
Many thanks, happy holidays,