Jump to content

DougCuk

Members
  • Content Count

    52
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About DougCuk

  • Rank
    Regular Member
  1. Thanks for the whitelisting. But it would still be helpful to know what specifically was triggering the warning. I hand code the whole site and would like to understand what to avoid in any future projects.
  2. Stargateuk.info website is blocked as a Malware/Scams risk This is my own simple website - all hand coded - with no fancy features. I am at a loss to understand why it is triggering this warning I get the message "Website blocked due to possible suspicious activity" I have to disable the Malware/Scams protection to gain access The Malwarebytes main program (v2 & v3) have no issue with the site Virus Total shows no problems either: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/fb6769f68b6840b5c1bdb4186d9a6889e794b6d6b870b001d16cbb9a07e0e609/detection Would be helpful to know what specifically is triggering the warning This is a new economy hosting plan from Godaddy With simple hand coded HTML pages There are no scripts, counters, trackers or other apps running
  3. Agree - there are big problems with Chrome v67 and v68 Opening links in a new tab gives blank page (endless loading), attempting to add extensions freezes during "Checking", attempting to open internal chrome pages freezes with blank page (eg Extensions, Settings) and chrome.exe modules remain resident after closing program - preventing a reload. Reverting to build 90 solves all issues.
  4. I have now had this problem on two different occasions several months apart - on two different Win7x64 computers. When the problem manifests the symptoms are: The Notification Area icon disappears and manually running the mbae.exe results in no GUI window Protected programs no longer trigger a confirmation popup and mbae-test.exe shows protection non-functional Restarting Windows makes no difference (this usually fixes one of cases of MBAE not working) The odd thing is there are no error messages and nothing is recorded in the Windows Event Logs. The MBAE service is started (and responds stop/start commands) and the Task Manager shows the three normal MBAE exe files are running A simple uninstall and reinstall does NOT fix the problem On both occasions the fix was: To run uninstall and then manually delete the "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" folder - which the uninstall had left behind - and then run the installer to reinstall the program. A reboot was not required. I am wondering if a corruption of one or more of the files in the "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" folder is behind this problem - as this folder and its content survives a normal uninstall - and deleting this folder has allowed a successful reinstall on two different computers that suffered this problem. I had been setting the config option "Log Protection Events" which I think writes to that folder - maybe when that log gets too big it causes a problem?
  5. Not sure if this issue has been resolved - but I also had similar symptoms and error messages on a Win7x64 system running MBAE build 43. I experienced MBAE loading but not working - the MBAE driver Failing to load with the error message quoted above - and the Notification Area icon failing to appear. I just posted about the issue & fix on another thread here: Issues with Win7 & Google Chrome The fix for me was to install MBAE build 57 - despite no related issues being listed as fixed - and all is now working fine.
  6. I too can confirm that installing build 57 has solved all my issues - MBAE is now working perfectly once again. I was also suffering the same "Unknown Software Exception" error - with Win7x64 using MBAE build 43 - on 2 almost identical Win7 desktop computers. The issue appeared to start after the Feb 2018 Cumulative Rollup (KB4074598) - and/or the update to Google Chrome v65...181 (x64) from v64. Initially MBAE (build 43) appeared to recover after dismissing the error - but for unknown reasons the problem then progressed over the next few days to a situation where MBAE was loading into memory but failing to trigger when a protected app was started. Then the GUI stopped working - none of the shortcuts (desktop or notification area) worked and even running the EXE direct would not open a MBAE program window. Finally even the notification area icon stopped loading. Alongside this I also began to experience Google Chrome crashes - which stopped when I uninstalled MBAE build 43. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling MBAE build 43, and build 40, but neither worked and I also tried a full uninstall and removal of all MBAE registry entries - but never succeeded in getting build 43 to work again. However installing build 57 over the top of the non functioning build 43 has solved all the issues - everything is now working fine. I didn't try build 48 as the change log didn't appear to list any fix for this problem - but maybe that would also have worked. Setup: Win7x64 Home Premium, Intel Core i5 3570 (3.4Ghz Quad Core) - Ivy Bridge Chipset - MBAM v2.21.1043 - Avast Free v18.2
  7. Just collected database update v2018.01.27.07 - which so far looks good I am still using MBAM Premium v2.2.1.1043 which was suffering the same problems as v3 I was seeing blocks on IP range 172.217.23.xxx plus many Facebook, Google and AdBlock-Plus URL's Disabling Web Protection was effective but not ideal - but latest database update appears to be OK
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.