Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About JAReidTX

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. Thanks for the quick reply. Greatly appreciated.
  2. Recently I've been receiving MalwareBytes notification messages on my Verizon LG G5 Android phone saying: Database update failed This problem started in the past couple of weeks. Until then I never saw this message. Now I see it several times a day. Under MalwareBytes Settings: Other I have Auto updates enabled (every 6 hours). Under Force update the last update response date/time is always very current (several hours old) So it doesn't look like the virus definitions database is out of date. All scans run normally. No open issues are listed (critical or non-critical). My phone is running Android 7.0. My MB Premium app version is Not expired. The current database version is 2018.07.11.01. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any suggestions for a solution?
  3. I'm sharing my recent license renewal experience just FYI, in case anyone else encounters this. My Malwarebytes Premium (MBP) 3-device license was coming up for renewal. I click the renewal reminder button on the MBP app to renew the license for two more years (through the CleverBridge service). I selected the 2-year renewal option and paid. However, what I ended up with after the renewal was two concurrent 1-year 3-device licenses ... for the same 3 devices. The invoice clearly shows two concurrent 2-year 3-device licenses, but the Malwarebytes app and my malwarebytes.com account record both show two concurrent 1-year 3-device licenses. I contacted Malwarebytes Customer Support via email. They referred me to CleverBridge Customer Support. I contacted them via email, including copies of renewal emails and screen shots that show the error. They told me to contact Malwarebytes. I didn't. I called CleverBridge Customer Support and received immediate, friendly, helpful assistance. What I was told was: the offer of a 2-year renewal was in error. Only 1-year renewals are being offered. the fact that I previously had two licenses (MBAM and MBAE) caused the duplicated license renewals. one of the two license payments would be refunded immediately. (It was.) The bottom line, unless this renewal glitch has already been repaired, is that if you previously licensed MBAM and MBAE, then upgraded to MBP, look carefully when you renew your license.
  4. It appears that the latest Android app update for MalwareBytes fixed this bug. I no longer get the erroneous message when "use deep scanner" is toggled ON. Thanks!
  5. I'm running MalwareBytes for Android Premium (app ver, databases dated 2018.02.23.01). The dashboard consistently says "Your device has issues", listing 1 non-critical issue: "You have new apps that haven't been scanned" IF the "Use deep scanner during full scan" setting is toggled ON. Regardless of how many times I run a full, deep scan (which ends normally, reporting "No malware found!") the dashboard continues to report the same non-critical issue. However, if the "Use deep scanner during full scan" setting is toggled OFF, the non-critical issue warning is cleared after a full scan. So it looks like the deep scan feature is setting the all-apps-scanned flag incorrectly. I've tried this after rebooting the Android and the issue persists. No app or database updates are pending or available.
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.