Jump to content

marshmallowcat

Members
  • Content count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About marshmallowcat

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Running on macOS 10.13.5 on a 2015 13" MB Pro base model. I had bought a 3-device license months ago, where I was using it on two Windows PCs and this Mac and it activated just fine. However, when I installed the 3.3.32 update today (from whatever latest version 3+ it was running before) the activated status is gone. From the Windows version, it says I have 131 days left (at the time of writing this) until my multi-license expires. I get this error instead when trying to re-enter the license key. Upon researching the error code, I have also referenced this article https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2505 and 234 days ago puts me on November 18/19, 2017, which is clearly long after the cut-off date. I can even provide a receipt with a dated proof of purchase. This was for an orange NA-packaged retail box of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium + Anti-Exploit + Anti-Ransomware for 3 PCs / 1 Year (before the packaging changed to blue). My computer store didn't even have the Mac version in yet at the time. I realize that I will eventually have to separate the licenses, which I will do so when this expires, but is there no leeway for folks like me where the license did work fine on day one and still have some time left? Especially without warning like this?
  2. marshmallowcat

    Web protection won't enable

    Also have this same problem, web protection eternally "starting..." but never completes. http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ is reachable. Also, when attempting to scan, the scanner module finishes instantly yet does not do anything. I have Premium so everything should be automatic. All other protection modules are fine and active. In conjunction with ESET Smart Security 9.0.408.0 (with rules setup to allow all network traffic for all MBAM-related executables), Google Chrome 58.0.3029.110 with uBlock Origin add-on, running Windows 10 Pro x64 1511 (10586.783) on a recently built high-end gaming machine, no overclocks, no tweaks except for disabled automatic Windows updates through GPE. ESET scanning and rootkit scans using multiple tools came up with no threats; there is no discernible odd behavior in Task Manager and Performance Monitor. MBAM is recognized in Security and Maintenance as up and running for both virus and spyware protection. I realize I could update both MBAM and my system to hopefully fix any problems, but this setup was all running fine for months, until today. It seems that some people have newer versions and still have issues, so...
×

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.