Jump to content

apneus

Members
  • Content Count

    15
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About apneus

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. To everyone at Malwarebytes OK, when there is a real issue or problem, I'm the firt to put my two penneth in. So, when it goes the other way, it's only fair I add my voice in the same way. I've been living with 3.5.1 now on all my PCs for a few days and, it's friggin awesome. I'm not sure if this is new or if I just hadn't noticed yet but the way Malwarebytes now deals with PUPs and PUMs is strict, decisive and simply brilliant. It also picks up every niggle on my network which really makes it feel bullet proof and the cherry on the cake is the UI update, although subtle is also great. Finally, on a controversial topic, I use IObit Unlocker all the time and it's never, ever been flagged as a PUP. (Had to sneak that one in for all the moaners) Thanks everyone
  2. Hi Right first thing, apologies for the delay, it was really late (or early) here last night and been in work today. Right, I have attached the results of the support scan here but.. I tried exile360's suggestion and it worked instantly. It seems they are indeed linked. Hopefully the scan results will still be of use. All working now, after a couple of reboots. Thank you both.
  3. Hi Right first thing, apologies for the delay, it was really late (or early) here last night and been in work today. Right, I have attached the results of the support scan here but.. I tried exile360's suggestion and it worked instantly. It seems they are indeed linked. Hopefully the scan results will still be of use. All working now, after a couple of reboots. Thank you both.
  4. OK, in the interest of curiosity, I did some poking around and discovered a couple of things. The 3.5.1 update did not install the mbshlext.dll which I think is the dll for the context menu entry. So I downloaded the most recent version from the website, installed it, and that didn't install the dll either. Now I understand this could be for many reasons, and that dll could have been replaced in this version but it is missing. Just to re state, this is not a big problem just letting you know in case it's something you missed. Everything else is working fine.
  5. Thanks for the tip, didn't work. It's only a tiny thing, and not a problem. Tt will probably solve itself after an update or two. Everything else seems to work nicely. Really pleased with it.
  6. Hi all Just updated to 3.5.1 and the 'scan with malwarebytes' is missing from the context menu. This has happened before and has always been easily fixed by either re-starting malwarebytes or re-starting windows. Since the update to 3.5.1 however none of these work. It's a small thing but just wanted to add it here.
  7. I just don't get it. If this problem lasted for days or weeks, I could understand the animosity and anger, and I've been there myself. But this was all done and dusted with a complete fix in two hours. A little perspective needed. Class actions and law suits? Hilarious.
  8. OK, just got up and switched on all computers and the fix is holding. All computers started normally with no excess RAM usage or CPU cycles. This has clearly been corrected and everything is back to normal.
  9. During the web protection module palaver a few months ago, I was the first to...shall we say, forcefully express my annoyance. But credit where it's due, this update, which was released extremely quickly on a Saturday night has completely fixed all of my computers of the memory leak. Great job and thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.