Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About x64

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I've just checked back after month of running with Ransomware protection disabled. Great news indeed! Thanks. I see above (prior to this update being released) that one of the mitigations was to revert Kaspersky to KIS 19. When I was last considering my response to the conflict, it was uncertain whether KIS 19 (or maybe it's patch following the KIS 20 troublesome patch) might have the same issue, and there was at least one report that the issue was in fact in KIS19 as well. Can we categorically say now that KIS19 was not affected? I have a relative who (I think is running KIS19 still), who is probably running with RW protection disabled as recovering from a locked up PC might be too difficult.... It would be good if I could advise that it's safe to dive back in!....
  2. From the links below, it looks as if Kaspersky 20 patch F and Kaspersky 19 patch J both primarily address vulnerabilities in their software. As the Kasp19 patch J postdates Kasp. 20 patch F, then If the issue is present in the patch J, I'd be surprised if they'd fixed it in patch F.... Info about Kaspersky patches....See... https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/new-patch-f-for-kis-2020-5734 (relevant thread of Kasp. forum - interesting post from @richbuff in there - Patch "G" soon...- but no info on content if that.) https://support.kaspersky.com/14378 (Kasp. 20 rel notes) https://support.kaspersky.com/13875 (Kasp. 19 rel notes) Do we now have a FIRM picture that patch J for Kaspersky 19 introduced the issue for Kasp. 19 users? (I've seen, I think one post here that I took as probably credible, plus @Exile360's assertion that it was affected in the very useful post above (thanks). I'm advising a (remote) person still using KIS 19 (we have MWB Ransomware module disabled for now), and am still looking for more evidence that patch J is actually affected.
  3. I use it, and yes, it's good and safe. Obviously be sure that you download it directly from the author's site.
  4. Note - THE OP's issue sounds very much the current issue with the latest kaspersky patch for Kaspersky V20. (patch e). If you are running Kaspersky, try disabling Ransomware protection in MB. Afterwards, you will need to log out of your user account, then use the "Restart" option from your login screen to reboot. Then try FF again.
  5. After disabling Ransomware protection, Log out (and ensure that any other users from that PC are logged out as well (not locked -they must be fully logged out). Then, from the login page, do a Restart (Not a separate Shutdown followed by a power on). This will ensure that resources locked by the deadlocked processes are released, and that Windows is reloaded cleanly.
  6. Comment: I've also been affected by this (for quite a while). I'm not posting this for direct support - more to add information to aid localisation of the issue. For me, my win 10 PC is now my secondary PC as I moved to a Mac a couple of years ago. As such the issue was annoying to me but is not critical enough to spend time raising my own support incident (although at the time indicated below, I did start gathering evidence to raise a call). The issue was Firefox locking up in the "Save As" dialogue when downloading a file. For me a clean install of MWB did not help (I did this at the same time as doing a Kaspersky upgrade - I fully removed/cleaned both from the system before reinstalling MWB first (recreating the issue) then reinstalling Kaspersky. This was about six months ago. I've not done any controlled testing recently (and I don't have time to do so now). For me disabling the Anti-exploit protection worked around the issue. I tried disabling individual AE protection elements to mitigate the issue, but none provided relief. Only the master AE switch was a 100% fix (obviously not ideal).Otherwise failure probability varied - maybe 30%-50% of downloads. My system - Win10x64 (1803) Would gave been updated to current, MWB was premium with latest component version for the time. Kaspersky version not relevant as I have seen the issue with it uninstalled and cleaned from my system. Firefox would have been latest version for the time. I do recall that the problem was present over s couple of major MWB version numbers and component versions, leading up to the indicated time. Apologies for the vagueness of the timing and version numbers reported here. This was several months ago. If there is a cause for this identified, I would be interested in the fix. x64
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.