Jump to content

mga

Members
  • Content Count

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About mga

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

556 profile views
  1. To give you a data point, it took me several days to get a licensing question answered by support. 2 or 3 days for a initial, but completely wrong, canned response by a support team member, and then 2 or 3 more days for a better support team member to read and correctly answer my questions.
  2. I'm seeing what I think are false positives in a Visual Studio extension VSIX file for PowerShell Tools. I've gone through the steps above to delete the hubblecache file, and it still is detected by MalwareBytes.
  3. Thanks for the confirmation of the issue. As it was happening, my attempts at interacting with the MalwareBytes system tray icon's toggle features were unsuccessful due to Windows being nearly unresponsive. There was no UAC prompt when toggling settings off because Windows was being held up by MBAM. Now when my system is fine and idle, I get the UAC prompts as I toggle the various MBAM settings in the system tray. While a nice work around, in the middle of the incident, it isn't as easy/simple/viable solution as it sounds, thus my end-task was ultimately what got me through it.
  4. I agree, something seems wrong with MBAM and other programs running their installers. Today, my VPN service prompted me to update (I had been ignoring it for a few days). It started up the MSI installer (minimal UI mode, where it just shows the progress bar dialog - no Next button clicking needed), and immediately my whole system came to a crawl. I was trying to browse around in Windows Explorer, and it was super slow. Eventually I was able to get Task Manager to open and saw the MBAM service taking a ton of CPU. The MSI installer was still stuck at no progress for something like 10 minut
  5. Understood about it filling up quickly. It's a black eye for a company to send out emails that contain a dead link. The name of your sub-domain suggests it was a email click tracking for analytic purposes. Whomever built and set that system up, should have planned to keep it running, and possibly using it across your organization. Instead it looks like the company's site is constantly down. Maybe they learned their lesson about supporting a solution/application that they release...
  6. Hi Thomas, I tried to get in to the program but apparently didn't get selected. It doesn't help that the email your company sent announcing the beta, included a link to a subdomain which isn't working: http://click.malwarebytes.com/?qs=ff21f37f3 <snipped in case the links were specific to individuals>. Is someone looking into your site and why that subdomain isn't working? Thanks -Mike
  7. After having it running long enough, turns out the Web Protection not staying on was the worst. It's the memory usage (see the other hot thread in this forum), and sure enough, after a re-install of MBAM Web Protection was working, but memory usage was growing out of control. Time to uninstall and check back here in a few days to see if things are fixed, and what their clear and honest explanation is for this. Fingers crossed it isn't a hack/hijack/compromised server.
  8. Me-three. I leave my computer on 24/7, and this morning (1/27/2018), it was unresponsive and needed to hard reset it. Didn't use it at all yesterday. Reassuring it just isn't my problem, but not reassuring that Malware Bytes would barf like this.
  9. Also looking forward to the answer tot his post - I want this gone. Feels more like a alpha version than beta.
  10. Last night I turned on my computer, and was unable to launch Outlook. Word also refused to open. When clicking on the shortcuts in the start menu, Windows gave me the "outlook.exe" could not be found, and gave me the option to browse for it. I started to think somehow Office had been removed, but found no evidence of that in the EventViewer. Eventually I came to the Anti-Ransomware window, looked in Quarantine, and found 3 registry keys that it had locked up. After restoring them, and rebooting, all is good and Office works again. Requested ZIP files are attached. Malwarebytes Anti-R
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.