Jump to content

pszilard

Members
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About pszilard

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. This has now happened on another client's PC, which has the paid Malwarebytes installed on a Windows 7 box. It can only resolve DNS when Web Protection is de-activated. I have not uninstalled Malwarebytes and would like your assistance to resolve the issue.
  2. Uninstalled BitDefender and enabled Web Protection. DNS broke! Disabled Web Protection - DNS back. Next step?
  3. I've re-installed on customer's PC and the problem is there. Tell me how you would like to handle this, next. Note: PC also has BitDefender managed endpoint installed under Solarwinds RMM (formely GFI MaxRemote)
  4. The virtual PC didn't exhibit this problem I'll try to see if I can make it go wrong on a customer PC, if I get his permission...
  5. Ok, I am going to see if I can re-create the problem in a virtual Windows PC. I'll get back to you shortly...
  6. I am happy that you don't have issues. I wasn't asking anyone to fix mine, I just reported it in case anyone else had experience with similar problem. When I have a customer situation (case in point, the Accounts PC was unable to connect to their cloud based accounting program), my priority is to get the customer situation resolved asap, rather than start a possibly, long winded interchange with support. If you don't want to test the problem, because your PCs are working, that's fine by me. Have a wonderful day, and as Mr. Spock used to say, "Live long and prosper".
  7. Yes and No. I would if I could, but I can't. My customers, just needed to be able to work, so I removed Malwarebytes immediately, which fixed the problem. So I do not have any debugging information available. Why don't you try to replicate the problem on a test machine? I had it happen now on 3 different sites, so it wasn't unique, and you should be able to see it. We were on Windows 7 64bit. Cheers,
  8. Malwarebytes v3.1 (current version) on Windows, blocks ALL DNS lookups if Web Protection is ON (Default). I have now found this on a number of client PCs. Concequently I have removed Malwarebytes as this situation is unacceptable. We had spent hours trying to fix web browsing, until we discovered that the culprit was Malwarebytes! NOT HAPPY! When the very tool that is supposed to give you protection, breaks the system.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.