Jump to content

tdhaslett

Members
  • Content Count

    26
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About tdhaslett

  • Rank
    New Member

Recent Profile Visitors

1,980 profile views
  1. Hi All, Wondering if there is a simple fix for this as I have not been able to find anyone else with this issue online. Running MBAE 1.12.2.124. I am trying to download an .exe in Firefox. I browse to a network share that is not mapped as a drive, and when I click New Folder, AE takes over and kills Firefox. If I save the file to an existing folder, it downloads fine. If I create a new folder in a mapped network drive, it works fine and I can download. If I create a new folder in a local drive, it works fine and I can download. The file that it reports as being blocked is not the file that I was downloading. The file that it reports as being blocked is always a file that resides in the folder in which I am trying to create the new folder. So far, in the six times that it has blocked this, it has cited two different files - though there are many other files in the folder as well. Since it is easy to work around, it is not a show-stopper, but it is annoying.
  2. The MBES instructions on how to fix the Web Blocking issue from Saturday says to disable the real-time protection module for MBAM. It does not say to re-enable it after updating the database. I can't imagine that the solution is to leave the module disabled, so should there be another step included to turn the protection module back on again, such as is included in the MBEP instructions?
  3. Eureka! That's what has been causing my users to get logged on with temp profiles so darn much?
  4. So, I've retrieved the EXE for it, if anyone is interested. The upgrade created C:\ProgramData\MalwarebytesARW\MBAMService\instlrupdate\mbarw-setup-business-0.9.18.806.exe after I started an update from the pop-up. Note that I did not have to complete the install form here. I grabbed it and set up a package in PDQ Deploy to push it out. After the install/update, the systray icon does not reappear, so I added a net stop / net start for mb3service at the end of the package, which gets it to reappear. My PDQ package goes like this: File Copy to C:\temp Run install from command line with switches "/SP- /verysilent /suppressmsgboxes" delete the public desktop shortcut (just my personal preference) net stop mb3service net start mb3service It is working well so far.
  5. Also interested to get the .msi installer. I have downloaded he latest MBES package, but it is still the same old version. I was none too pleased to hear it from my users that there is an updated version available.
  6. Hello, What is the communication method/protocol that the console uses to scan for machines in an IP range? I currently have 107 clients in one subnet reporting as online, but when I scan that subnet to push some client updates, I only end up with 19 found computers. Firewalls are off, NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled, and File and Printer Sharing is enabled. I used to get much better results from the scans. The only thing that has changed is that we moved to new building on a mostly new LAN. We use the same subnets as before, and moved most of the switches from the old location, but we do have some new ones. Since we are getting some results, I wouldn't think that the infrastructure would be the issue. The 19 machines that do show up seem to be random, and are from all areas of the building.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.