Jump to content

kola1

Members
  • Content Count

    59
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About kola1

  • Rank
    Regular Member

Recent Profile Visitors

627 profile views
  1. I see that there's another person that has an exact issue as mine. I'm willing to bet now that this is not just an isolated case at this point and the problem stems from within the MBAM program itself, since I've done everything possible to troubleshoot outside of reloading Windows from scratch again.
  2. I've cleared temp/cache files. The problem is still there. Luckily I got a response from the support already. I hope they can figure out what the heck is going on. Thanks for all the help.
  3. It looks like it just cleans a bunch of temp files. I'm wondering if this is any different than running CCleaner with all options checked? Understandable. I'm not in a rush. I hope that MBAM realtime protection is still working and it's just not updating the definitions until next restart. Here is a video clip of exactly what is happening, so that it's easier to understand. Apologies for the shakiness as I was filming it one handed. Thanks
  4. It seems that the only issues I have with MBAM always have something to do with licensing. I've created a ticket 3102139. I hope that someone can help me figure this out.
  5. If this https://keystone.mwbsys.com/ is what MBAM needs to connect to the license server, then at least I have no problem reaching the domain with Firefox when MBAM decides to stop updating and give me the error message. So there doesn't appear anything to be preventing MBAM on my system or network from reaching that particular server. I'm just pulling my hair out as to why MBAM decides to temporarily working if I disconnect the machine from the internet and immediately connect it.
  6. I've rebooted the modem and the separate router. The issue sadly still persists. I've even tried connecting to the hotspot on my smartphone.
  7. But the problem eventually reappears after anywhere between 15 minutes to a couple of hours.
  8. I don't know if this helps but when I disconnect the laptop from the wireless AP and then reconnect, MBAM is able to perform an update and doesn't give me the license error message.
  9. It's just so weird. MBAM works just fine sometimes for about 15 minutes. Sometimes for a couple of hours, but eventually the error message comes back. I'm not able to ping some of those domains that you've provided even when MBAM appears to be working, but I'm guessing they are setup not to reply to external pings or something; however, when MBAM license message appears, I'm able to navigate to keystone.mwbsys.com with my browser and get the OK message. Which from the description look like what MBAM needs to reach for license validation. I've attached separate logs when MBAM is working and after it throws me the error. In addition, I've enabled logging of dropped connections in Win firewall and I've included that log as well. Thanks so much. mbst-grab-results-not-working.zip mbst-grab-results-working.zip pfirewall.log
  10. Man, I have no clue what is going on with MBAM on my machine. I've been doing some forum digging and other people have been having the same error pop up in the past, but they were able to fix it by removing Malwarebytes domains out of their HOSTS file. I've never had any reasons to tamper with mine. I've got a freshly imaged, up-to-date, less than one year old laptop. I'm not on the buggy 2004 build. I'm not even running any other incompatible AVs, besides Windows Defender of-course. I've deactivated MBAM. I've deactivated in the online console. Uninstalled it using my latest paid Revo and the official MBAM removal tool. I've applied all of the auto-magic fixes in the Malwarebytes Support Tool. I've used DISM, SFC, reset Windows firewall to defaults, reset TCP/IP stack, reset winsock. Restarted a few times before finally reinstalling and activating MBAM. I'm seriously running out of ideas at this point. Would it make sense if I collect logs when MBAM is working and then collect them again when it's misbehaving so that someone can potentially compare them together and help me figure out what is going on?
  11. Hey, I'm literally having the same issue as you Try opening up elevated command prompt or power shell (aka open it as administrator) and run these commands, one after another. Then reboot your machine. See if this helps. netsh winsock reset netsh int IP reset
  12. So far I've been opening and closing all of the different programs, including vmware and MBAM seems fine at the moment. Would I be able to get the actual domain name that MBAM uses to check license, so I can try running ping test, nslookup, and tracert to see what in the heck is going on when MBAM starts acting up again? I guess I can try using Wireshark but I would like to be sure I'm looking for the right thing. Thanks
  13. Looks like this guy also has the same problem. Can anyone check if there have been many people with open tickets for the same thing? It could be a known issue.
  14. I was wondering the same. I've never seen that option before. Must be new.
  15. That looks like virtual adapters that are part of the vmware Workstation. I can try uninstalling it temporarily I guess. It would really suck if that was the issue because I need it for school. The oddest thing is that MBAM works just fine for a little while sometimes 20 minutes to couple of hours before throwing the error message. I ran the usual: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth sfc /scannow chkdsk C: /f /r /x netsh winsock reset netsh int IP reset Rebooted the machine. It's been maybe more than 15 minutes so far and MBAM has been OK. It really boggles my mind what triggers the problem.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.