Jump to content

beynac

Members
  • Content Count

    23
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About beynac

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. I had exactly the same problem. Disabling Web Protection was the only thing that solved it until I switched off "Help fight Malware by providing usage and threat statistics" under "Usage and threat statistics". I've had no further problems. May be worth a try.
  2. Thanks for your reply. I have just received an email from Support. So, hopefully, everything will soon be OK.
  3. I was unable to activate my lifetime licence after the recent update and submitted a support ticket on 3rd July (ticket number 2650251). The licence was purchased in February 2008. I had a reply from Support, on 6th July, asking for Proof of Purchase. I send them a copy of the email confirmation (which was from Marcin!) the same day. I asked them to apply the licence to my current email address, as I no longer have access to the email address I used for the purchase. On 10th July I had an email saying that the licence had been reset and to try activating it. It also said to set up an account u
  4. Would it not be possible to just give a warning that the new version is available? I understand why the program cannot be upgraded automatically, but a popup (similar to the advice that the database has been updated) would solve this problem.
  5. I think this just relates to the "AnalyzeThis" button. There is no need to use this to send data to TrendMicro. Clicking this button provides an analysis of the contents of your HJT log. The results of this analysis is, IMHO, not useful for an expert and could be could be misleading for anyone not trained to read HJT logs. I always advise people not to use it. Posting the information on a forum is up to the individual and is nothing to do with TrendMicro.
  6. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm aware that Malware can do this sort of thing. However that is not the case here (my computer is clean and hasn't been infected). Although I haven't set this, or the other values in this key, I have used Tweak UI and this would have altered some registry settings. So - it's a bit of a mystery, but I'm happy that everything is OK. I feel that the warning in the report is a bit OTT as it could worry people unnecessarily. The presence of the value does not mean that there has been a 'Hijack'. However, I suppose that it is no big deal if the value is deleted.
  7. I think that this is a false positive. The registry value is '0'. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36 Database version: 2039 Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 25/4/2009 13:44:11 mbam-log-2009-04-25 (13-43-03).txt Scan type: Quick Scan Objects scanned: 86192 Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 35 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 0 Registry Values Infected: 1 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys In
  8. Good luck with your studies at MRU. I haven't been able to help with logs for a while due to health problems. However, I'm hoping that I will be able to get back to it at some stage.
  9. Thanks - its good to know my memory works sometimes!
  10. I keep seeing suggestions, in other forums, that people should run MBAM in Safe Mode. IIRC this is not advisable, as it will not perform correctly. I've done a search but I cannot find where I read this. Am I right, or is it my memory playing up?
  11. I don't have anything which clears prefetch on reboot/shutdown. I've tried restarting with prefetch "as is" and with it cleared before reboot. There doesn't seem to be any difference. As I said, I'm not worried by this delay. It's not a long one and only happens when I start up the computer in the morning. I only posted about it because I thought that the info' might help with the OP's problem.
  12. I use NOD32. After I activated real-time protection with MBAM, I found that the initial launch of Firefox, Thunderbird and some other programs was slow (7-10 seconds). This didn't affect all programs (e.g. MS Office was unaffected). Subsequent launches of the programs were back to normal speed. After a reboot the initial launches were, again, slow. During the delay, the CPU use is nearly 100% - shared between NOD32 and MBAM (60/40). I've not got a problem with this, as it only occurs after a reboot, but I thought that the info' might help.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.