Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 05/10/2021 in all areas

  1. On Windows 10 you can get the MD5 from a command prompt certutil -hashfile notepad.exe MD5 Returns the following MD5 hash of notepad.exe: 423d3ade2f14572c5bd5f546973eb493
    1 point
  2. Thanks for reporting, this will be fixed in 10 minutes.
    1 point
  3. It's been over 2 years since this post and feature request, curious if anyone can provide an update as to when Malwarebytes will include the MD5 hash for detections / quarantined files. Thank you in advance for your time in responding to this ancient topic. cheerios
    1 point
  4. Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've reviewed the site again and have determined it no longer warrants being blocked so we've disabled the block in our database. Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in a few hours or so.
    1 point
  5. Please start the computer up into Safe Mode Then open a command prompt and run SFC again from there and let me know what it says. SFC /SCANNOW Thanks @yardbird The logs also show the computer is now at least about 12 years old. Any chance on getting a newer computer anytime soon?
    1 point
  6. I scanned the file you provided and it is not being detected, so that file should be good now.
    1 point
  7. Thanks for reporting, this will be fixed in 10 minutes.
    1 point
  8. I followed your instructions, but I must say that your answer template is quite out of date. The options presented by the scanner are nowhere similar to the screenshots in your answer, but I eventually did figure it out. It might be an issue to those with a weaker understanding and grasp of tech. Please find attached results of the scan. It is interesting though that ESET managed to deal with minecraftforge_38876.msi, but Malwarebytes failed to do anything with it. Seems like a change from one antivirus to another will have be in order... but I digress. This option isn't avai
    1 point
  9. Please refer to this support article which lists several known applications which conflict with the Web Protection in Malwarebytes currently, which includes Sophos anti-virus products.
    1 point
  10. Hi, They are indeed false positive but this is now fixed.
    1 point
  11. Today Malwarebytes flagged 19 EXE files as "Malware.AI.[Number]". It looks like they are from the Android SDK, Arduino SDK, and a couple of game files. I've run a couple of em through VirusTotal and none that I tested had any detections. I'm hoping they're all false positives but due to the amount of files flagged I thought I'd report it. Malwarebytes_Log.txt
    1 point
  12. I updated MB and was able to compile just now onto my arduino Uno. I updated the AVR boards package, and used both Arduino IDE 2.0 beta-5 as well as the normal supported 1.8.13 IDE. Seems as though the problem is fixed for me, I didn't have MB ignore anything and it seems to now recognize those .exes as safe. I'll keep checking to see if anyone else reports back or if Epistemon hears back on their support ticket.
    1 point
  13. Seems that file is not detected anymore. Do you have "Use expert system algorithms to identify malicious files" enabled? It is located in Settings > Security> Scan option. It is supposed to be off by default.
    1 point
  14. Yes I got the same once. I'm an Arduino noob but use other IDEs/toolchains for work. My guess is that my source hadn't changed so the so the compiler (avr-g++?) wasn't called and moves straight on to the linking stage (avr-objcopy.exe?). Anyway, I contained the problem by adding C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino to the allow list so it doesn't bug me for the time being. I also raised a ticket with MB. I'll report back on its progress.
    1 point
  15. The very same problem has been manifesting itself all over my UMX U693CL Assurance Wireless issued phone as well. Many Thanks to all involved with this comment thread and the process of eliminating this preprogrammed malware, I will attempt the factory reset action A.S.A.P. then come back and post my findings and it's effectiveness.
    1 point
  16. After adding MBAM to my AV's exclusion list it worked! Thank you everyone for the support it was greatly appreciated.
    1 point
  17. Hi @mbam_mtbr, I've cleared storage data and also selected the 'all data stores by sites' option. The remaining option is to choose 'Clear all data' which it says will clear all data used by Chrome including account, bookmarks and web settings. Though I think this would just be mobile bookmarks, which is fine. So far, doing the first two seems to have cleared the problem as I've waited for a while and can't see the problem favicon appearing anymore. If it does appear again, I'll give the total data clear option a try and hopefully that does sort it. Thanks a lot for your help!
    1 point
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.