False positive, I think?

minster

I had your app quarintine it and now it cannot be restored (click Restore and nothign happens), and I cannot manually add the exe back to that directory. It gives me a permission error even though I am doing this as administrator... Please advise as to how to get the exe back in there.

• Root Admin

Just an FYI that NSLOOKUP was not removed and is still fully functional on your computer. 

This file was a version copy for older applications that "may" require an older version to run.

If interested here is a little more information on the WINSXS directory where this file was detected.

What is the WINSXS directory

WinSxS Folder in Windows 7 | 8 explained

• Root Admin

On a Windows 7 computer this is the location.

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Quarantine

However the file is not in a usable format - please do not touch the file otherwise you will make restoring it impossible.  Please wait for the Helpdesk to assist you.

• Root Admin

No, as said this is a very specific version and your copy of nslookup.exe should be in C:\Windows\System32

Using the one from the location where the False Positive quarantined it is not the same file.

C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-nslookup_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_29a6795f7d1218c6\

Please work with the Helpdesk on this as you already have an open ticket for it you said.