help me get rid of windows 8

chpoet19

I have a netbook i just bought with windows 8. I have another netbook with windows 7. I made a recovery drive with the netbook with windows 7 because I do not like windows 8 and want to put windows 7 on the netbook. So i put it on a usb stick and changed the boot order for the netbook I wanted to change.

On option number 1 select restore type I chose. I get this error

There is insufficient space on the disk for the temporary files required for this operation.

How do I fix this and also how do I get the windows 7 onto windows 8

the windows 7 computer is acer aspire one 756-2617

the windows 8 computer is acer aspire one 725-0687.

Thanks so much.

Chrissy

We can't help you with this unless you buy a copy of Windows 7 as there are too many issues that will occur with this and is not legal.

1. You are attempting to install through a factory reset drive/disc that is specific to that computers serial number/model number which isn't legal to use on another computer.

2. The reset disc/drive will install all drivers for the computer that it is made for which it is highly unlikely both computers have the exact same hardware (especially when both have different model numbers)so there will be so many issues with installing

Hello Chrissy,

You need to know that each of your netbook's Windows is particularly licensed to "that system" only by the manufacturer, in your case Acer. Because Windows was installed by Acer it is considered an OEM install, which cannot be moved or transferred to any other machine.

Matter of fact, they should be "tied" to the specific systemboard inside your machine.

IMHO, I believe Windows 8 under the hood is better than Windows 7 and I would recommend you keep that Win8 netbook as it is. Don't mess with removing Windows 8.

You may at low cost add on {or consider it anyhow} to get your Windows 8 to work more like Windows 7.

Start8 from Stardock is $4.99 and has these features:

Adds a Windows 7-style Start Menu with Windows 8 enhancements

• Search for Windows 8-style (Modern UI) apps

• Pin desktop and Modern UI apps to the Start Menu

• Boot directly to the Windows 8 desktop

• Windows 8 Start screen accessible from the Start menu

That is a low cost as compared to your either returning the netbook to the store (unless they do not charge for returns) and certainly less than your buying a full-blown copy of Windows 7.

Like I said, WIN8 has a number of under-the-hood improvements, one of which being a much much faster startup of Windows.

If that is too much cost, then just moving the Desktop tile on the Start screen to the uppermost top left will position it to the top.

And doing one Enter-key tap on the DESKTOP tile will get you to the Desktop.

And then there are lots of keyboard-key shortcuts that make it easy to navigate thru Windows.

See these links

Keyboard shortcuts within Windows 8 & Windows RT

Keyboard shortcuts are especially handy. :)

Thanks for that, David.

I want to mention a couple of other choices, just to keep something of a list.

StartW8 by SODA TSW is free of charge http://www.areaguard...ws8-description

StartIsback is another. And costs less than Start8 http://startisback.com/#faq-tab

Note: I do not use any of the aforementioned, and am not affiliated with any of them.

I am using Windows 8, as is. ^_^

I have used StartIsBack on a couple of computers now and it works a charm.... :)and $3 for two computers is not a bad price....

EDIT to add info:

I had come across a way to create your own start menu but I had not mentioned it cause I could not find the article, I have now found it. Bear in mind I have not tried it so use at your own discretion.... You can find the article in the How-To Geek site ==> HERE <==