All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If you get us the logs mentiond in the automated reply that would help
  3. Malwarebytes scan is above. The FRST log is attached. Note: I restored my Chrome folder after I discovered these method you suggested deleted some important browser history yet didn't remove the PUP, so that may be reflected in the FRST scan. Also, I may have to reinstall Chrome now since one of my accounts is malfunctioning after the restore. Because of this, I may just live with the PUP since it may be related to one of my Chrome extensions that I use. But I'm willing to try a bit more if you're confident that this can be removed without negative consequences. I appreciate your help thus far. FRST.txt
  4. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  5. Up until recently, the MB icon was loaded in the system tray with every boot-up of Win10x64. But just recently it has stopped putting the icon there. The option to have this load in the ST is grayed out and can't be turned on. Any idea why this is happening, and what I can do about it?
  6. How to backup installed software? I have an external HDD to do backup.
  7. In theory it should not remove them, but you can go to the following folder and copy the folders to an external drive. C:\Users\<your user name> That is your entire profile, or you can browse and pick what you want to copy. But again if done properly it should not remove your data. If you do have space on an external drive though I would go ahead and copy the entire folder to the external drive. Google Chrome bookmark file should be located here: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\bookmarks Do you have a large external USB drive?
  8. But how I can backup my Google Chrome bookmarks, system environment like before?
  9. Hi, Thanks for the report. Thanks for the status information. Just by the way, the main page would be https://chaseonline.chase.com Just as an added by the way: Just do a new Update check on the Dashboard screen of Malwarebytes. Start Malwarebytes. Look on the right-most pane and do a Update check. Thanks for the report file you sent. The block events I see that were logged, show a block on "forwrdnow.com" & on "mybetterdl.com" when Chrome browser was in use. The block event notice does not mean there is a "infection". The web protection is protecting the PC and those were courtesy notices. Web protection is one of the features of Malwarebytes Premium. Premium has several layers of protection. Since this install is in "Trial" mode, those will cease when the 2-week trial period expires. Let's do one new Scan with Malwarebytes for Windows. Then let me know what the result is. Run a scan with Malwarebytes. Start Malwarebytes from the Start menu. Click Settings. Then click the Protection tab. Scroll down and lets be sure the line in SCAN OPTIONs for "Scan for rootkits" is ON Click it to get it ON Click the SCAN button. Select a Threat Scan ( which should be the default). Let me know the result of this scan. [ 2 ] See this article on our Malwarebytes Blog https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/ You want to disable the ability of each web browser on this machine from being able to allow "push ads". That means Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser (on Windows 10), or on Opera. Scroll down to the tips section "How do I disable them". [ 3 ] also, if you use Chrome or Firefox browser, install the Malwarebytes beta browser extension. There is one for Chrome & another for Firefox. To get & install the Malwarebytes beta Chrome extension, Open this link in your Chrome browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee Then proceed with the setup. To get & install the Malwarebytes beta Firefox extension. Open this link in your Firefox browser: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/malwarebytes/ Then proceed with the setup. Sincerely,
  10. Yes, the system is going to process the file and attempt a restore from it's backup. At this point this is probably your best way to get the system running again. How to Reset Windows 10 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html Choose to keep your data. Yes, you will have to reinstall some software and customize the system again, but it will back running again and your data will still be there.
  11. So it said it was applying fixes and the following two results appeared 1) Windows Update Componets must be repaired "not fixed" 2) Potential Windows Update Database error detected "fixed"
  12. It seem like problems not fix. Refer to first image below successful rename the SYSTEM.OEM file and copy new SYSTEM file to the directory. After reboot same BSOD and I open CMD second image, I notice the file size same as original SYSTEM.OEM
  13. Today
  14. Thanks for the log, "Search". Alas, there is nothing there, The mystery is what is calling for that DLL. It likely has to do with the Windows right-click context menu options. The behavior and result is a glitch in this Windows. It is not any infection. The search did not find the DLL anywhere. I suspect if you do not do a right-click that you would not see that error message from Windows. I will get back with you on this, after I have the time & opportunity to do some additional research.
  15. Nice, thanks for sharing it.
  16. Regret to read of all that. By the way, the Windows upgrade process does indeed do several reboots. That is normal. It seems this box ( Windows ) has at least 2 or more deficits. One is with the Windows Update. The other with having some services that are failing to start. Those 3 or 4 are listed just above ( in your last port). Those do not have a relation to graphics driver or to the reboots. ( A Windows Version Upgrade does normally do several reboots ! ) We are quite close to the point where I will be referring you elsewhere to get these issues taken care of. Lets give this one try. I am assuming that your Windows is NOT now in the update run. Just one try only for this. Get ( and save) the Windows Update Troubleshooter to automatically diagnose and resolve any software issues related to Windows Update. Just double-click the latest WindowsUpdate.diagcab file to run the troubleshooter. Then, select Next and follow the steps in the wizard to find and fix issues with Windows Update.
  17. Hi and thx for the fast reply I tryed to go back on the advance systemrepair pro website but my asus router firewall advise me not to go. Insted i executed ADWCleaner as suggested. It found things that i made him remove. I'm including the two log files. I'm wondering why my Malwarebytes did not detect it? Why did i had to get ADWCleaner and pay for Malwarebytes tha did no found them. Thx AdwCleaner[C00].txt AdwCleaner[S00].txt
  18. logged into my gmail accounts did the chrome sync for each separately ,although sync was disabled when i logged into the accounts so i turned it on then did the reset. scanned my pc again, nothing detected. scanned the wbengine file at virus total , it came clean. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/681c1cd5dcaf87ef436b907534e98b0ab4f66bd62e46b8977a7880b854766a27/detection
  19. From what I've read (via my phone ) part of my computers problem could be the DCOM as it can cause constant reboots if the graphic driver is not up to date? At least that's kind of what I gather? Just wanted to mention this in case it may be of use to you any. Still following you directly, -Al
  20. You sent a FRST.txt What I am looking for is different. Did you do the Searchall procedure ( I last outlined that ) ? Then I was looking for the result file named search.txt log < < - - - - - - What the Windows (File ) Explorer screen shows, points to a setting of some sort for the right click context menu in Windows ( for Windows Explorer ).
  21. Greetings, If you are able, please post a log from the tool that discovered these detections as I am not familiar with it. We can then verify whether Malwarebytes should have detected them or not. It might also be a good idea to run a scan with ADWCleaner to make certain no additional adware items remain on your system. Please let us know how it goes, and again, if possible, please provide a scan log from the other tool that you scanned with that made the detections. Thanks
  22. Hello, Still attempting to get the 1903 update to fully update. I want to say it finished downloading ?? But I get this error now "Something went wrong You can contact Microsoft Support for help with this error. here is the error code 0x0020036" It seems this issue becomes more and more complex and just well...strange! So I left my machine on last night while it was downloading the update via the linked software by Microsoft. I noticed though my computer kept restarting 2-3 times on it's own. A friend of mine at work today suggested I take a look at the event viewer. It appears the event viewer is getting a crazy amount of errors. (this is the event viewer in safe mode with networking ) DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC} DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service TokenBroker with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: Windows.Internal.Security.Authentication.Web.TokenBrokerInternal DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service RmSvc with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {581333F6-28DB-41BE-BC7A-FF201F12F3F6} DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server: {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}
  23. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  24. Hello i was running the program Advance systemrepair pro for checking ,y computer and during the scan it says that i was infected by the adaware.controler and some others. Does Malwarebyte check for this, because my Malwarebytes scan did not find anthing. Thx for the help
  25. Thank you for your help, I ran it and looked through the log file and it appears to have found and removed all the entries in the registry and removed the process. I appreciate your help, and hope you understand my frustration with this. One last question, would it be possible to get Wondershare added to the list of Malware that MB looks for and removes?
  26. This is under client view and I have filtered by unregistered clients.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.