All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Newegg was an authorized reseller at one time, though I'm not certain when that changed. With regards to any lifetime licenses still being sold, I frankly wouldn't trust them to be legitimate just because it has been so many years since any lifetime keys were issued and I've seen numerous cases where a lifetime key turned out to be pirated.
  3. Hehe, yeah, obviously things are different in the world of open source. It certainly has its advantages and disadvantages. Yes, Microsoft finally gave in and went the way of Google/Chromium and it looks like Mozilla is headed in that direction as well with them adopting Chromium based compatibility/standards for their own plugins now. I'd much prefer to keep a more diverse range of browser options available beyond just various flavors of Chrome/Chromium, but it does make it easier for web developers and creators of browser plugins when they only have a single base browser/code and standards
  4. Yes, we'll agree "as long as it is a legitimate/valid license" - Questions remain (for me) since sellers on Ebay (Newegg) still offer Malwarebytes Lifetime and subscription licenses. I think we'll agree that there may be unknowns regarding licenses from third party sellers. Maybe, Malwarebytes Community members hold Malwarebytes licenses from Newegg in higher regard than Malwarebytes licenses from Ebay? Maybe, Newegg is Malwarebytes authorized dealer/reseller?
  5. Thanks indeed - that sounds really useful Something to add to my recommended software list for those I've dug out of a mess - and I hadn't obviously kept up with things, 'cos I wasn't aware that the current Edge is based on Open SOurce code Right now I'm playing around with another Open Source product - Scribus, a DTP product. There is some evidence of inconsistencies and poor practices in the UI but it seems very capable for our little village magazine, which couldn't possibly justify a paid-for Adobe or CorelDraw In the longer term one can't even guarantee that everyone
  6. Thread moved over to the section "malware removal help for Windows" just for the purpose of help to get more detail. Does Windows itself run ? What is going on about the SSD ? Running the support tool to just "gather logs" is not supposed to involve any sort of reboot or restart. Kindly provide a bit more detail, whether you can go into Control Panel > Programs and Features and only just look to see if Malwarebytes for Windows is listed as instaled.
  7. Boy, somebody is going to be really disappointed once Malwarebytes kills that key Thanks for the update and I hope they get this sorted promptly.
  8. Malwarebytes has never restricted any valid license key to a specific version of the product; ALL valid licenses work for all versions of Malwarebytes for Windows. The only issue would be if the licenses were pirated, which they clearly are not, especially since all modern (v3 and newer) license keys are provided by Malwarebytes to whoever is the original source for the licenses (i.e., whoever Newegg got them from). Likewise, for registering the license with My.Malwarebytes.com, as long as it is a legitimate/valid license key you will be able to register with My.Malwarebytes.com. No
  9. Try the following: Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here Right click on the tool (select "Run as Administrator) to start the extraction to a convenient location. (Desktop is preferable) Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats. Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
  10. Hi, no, Malwarebytes isn't fine. It seems that the support tool uninstalled it before requesting a reboot. So I can't boot to my SSD, and if I could, I wouldn't have Malwarebytes installed.
  11. Fixlog.txt I just got an error message saying Malwarebytes could not install.
  12. Malwarebytes Premium Lifetime licenses are still offered on Ebay... as are Malwarebytes subscription licenses. Malwarebytes sellers on Ebay could not (would not) answer my questions. I even found Malwarebytes sellers on Ebay that claim to be from Newegg....that also could not (would not) answers my concerns. Wilders Security Forums has a long running Newegg thread - Wilders Security Forums Savings Monitor urged me to post my questions/concerns on Malwarebytes Forum. So, I searched Malwarebytes Forum ....read messages regarding old lifetime keys ... messages regarding Neweg
  13. Today
  14. Thanks Porthos, I agree. I'm not sure at this point what might be causing the issue but AdvancedSetup has the best chance to get it figured out and fixed.
  15. Can you post the log from FRST fix..
  16. Hiya BlueKalei, Thanks for those logs, continue: Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from. NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone. Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If the tool need
  17. @AlexSmith My daily report lol - 13 unique devices using the license number I requested to terminated, at this time. I now have registration dates on 7 of them, the oldest is Dec 10, 2019, the newest is 1 today. I have seen several 'repeat' devices be activated a number of times. I am maintaining the list if needed, I keep deactivating them as I check throughout the day.
  18. Hi Alex. I am still seeing the message as of today, so I'll be patient and wait for support to reach out. I appreciate you looking into this and providing some feedback. Thanks! Ron
  19. Thanks for the OTL reports. Thanks very much. Yes, yea verily, the key is not there, after many attempts to put it in there ( in my past custom script runs). There is something here that seems a bit goofy. Have much patience till my next reply.
  20. @yoMuzicMan just wanted to give you an update - our home support team isn't back in until tomorrow, but I tried taking a look at things since I have limited access to some of the systems the support team does. According to our licensing system, the key that is showing in the screenshots you sent in is not expiring and was renewed on 09/06/2020. Its still good until 2021. Also, the 2 other keys you mentioned in your emails are alias keys for the primary key in your screenshot. Using one of those keys should work but the UI will revert to the primary key which is in your screenshot.
  21. @Minus_MB I sent you a new reply by PM. Your last note seemed to say the Malwarebytes program is ok now. Regret any glitch your machine had on the reboot. But I gather it was a temporary situation.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.