All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. My friend does not have Chrome on her laptop, they use Opera and Firefox.
  3. Sounds like a malicious Chrome extension. Those have been getting pretty nasty these days. Some of them, like SmartService/Yelloader are even accompanied by rootkits. Extreme measures for a PUP/adware infection, but with a pay-per-click/pay-per-install affiliate model it's no wonder that the bad guys are leveraging such tactics to get these PUPs installed and keep them there. I've even seen one that used an actual worm to spread throughout any network connected to an infected device just to install the PUP on every system it could infect. Really nasty stuff. Chrome's become a popular target because it's used by so many these days (even more frequently targeted than IE ever since Google overtook MS in browser market share).
  4. I myself am very experienced, having 14 years of all kinds of problems. I have used Malwarebytes all that time and hold it in very high regard like the rest of the computer world. I strongly suspect that something went wrong with the download as there was NO shortcut on their desktop, plus their inexperience. I recently ran Adwcleaner and it found two dangerous virus/trojan PUP's - PUP.Optional.22ChromeEXT PUP.Optional.Legacy These PUP's are not easy to remove. With the help of your program plus a Sync reset, these two infections were completely deleted and never came back.
  5. Excellent, I'm sure they'll be able to get the situation resolved.
  6. This being a brand new system raises my suspicions. I wouldn't be surprised at all if something like this happens to them again as it may well be due to some underlying hardware fault from the manufacturer. I hope I'm wrong, but just in case I would strongly recommend they keep regular backups of anything important that is stored on that device on some kind of external media or in the cloud online or both.
  7. Why am I getting no support? Please help.
  8. Thank you for the quick response. I just put through a support ticket hopefully everything will be resolve
  9. Thank you for your explanations. The shock of having their laptop (it is brand new) having been totally wrecked by running AdwCleaner was so traumatic that they will never run another test or cleaning program again. Now that their laptop is back to normal after this devastating experience which spoilt their Easter, they will unfortunately steer well clear of Malwarebytes or any other such program.
  10. Today
  11. Greetings, You may contact Malwarebytes Support directly via the form on the bottom of this page and they should be able to assist you. If there is anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks
  12. Greetings, After reviewing your logs I suspect that it may be the VPN(s) and/or proxies that are installed preventing Malwarebytes from connecting to the licensing servers to activate. The latest version of Malwarebytes is very sensitive to third party VPNs, proxies and similar tools that alter internet connectivity using the deprecated Winsock LSP protocol rather than the current Windows Filtering Platform protocol. If possible, please try removing these VPNs/proxies to see if you are able to activate Malwarebytes, then see if there are newer versions or alternatives if you still need to use those applications that use WFP instead of Winsock: Winsock: Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PrxerNsp.dll [87024 2018-08-15] () Winsock: Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\networkdlllsp.dll [448296 2016-05-21] (Network Tunnel Lab) Winsock: Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\networkdlllsp.dll [448296 2016-05-21] (Network Tunnel Lab) Winsock: Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\networkdlllsp.dll [448296 2016-05-21] (Network Tunnel Lab) Winsock: Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\networkdlllsp.dll [448296 2016-05-21] (Network Tunnel Lab) Winsock: Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\networkdlllsp.dll [448296 2016-05-21] (Network Tunnel Lab) Winsock: Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\networkdlllsp.dll [448296 2016-05-21] (Network Tunnel Lab) Winsock: Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\networkdlllsp.dll [448296 2016-05-21] (Network Tunnel Lab) Winsock: Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PrxerDrv.dll [98800 2018-08-15] (Initex) Winsock: Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PrxerDrv.dll [98800 2018-08-15] (Initex) Winsock: Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PrxerDrv.dll [98800 2018-08-15] (Initex) Winsock: Catalog9 11 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PrxerDrv.dll [98800 2018-08-15] (Initex) Winsock: Catalog9 26 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ierd_tgp_lsp.dll [723104 2019-01-09] (Tencent) Winsock: Catalog9 27 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ierd_tgp_lsp.dll [723104 2019-01-09] (Tencent) Winsock: Catalog9 28 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ierd_tgp_lsp.dll [723104 2019-01-09] (Tencent) Winsock: Catalog9 29 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ierd_tgp_lsp.dll [723104 2019-01-09] (Tencent) Winsock: Catalog9 30 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PrxerDrv.dll [98800 2018-08-15] (Initex) Winsock: Catalog5-x64 01 C:\Windows\system32\PrxerNsp.dll [101872 2018-08-15] () Winsock: Catalog9-x64 02 C:\Windows\system32\PrxerDrv.dll [119792 2018-08-15] (Initex) Winsock: Catalog9-x64 03 C:\Windows\system32\PrxerDrv.dll [119792 2018-08-15] (Initex) Winsock: Catalog9-x64 04 C:\Windows\system32\PrxerDrv.dll [119792 2018-08-15] (Initex) Winsock: Catalog9-x64 05 C:\Windows\system32\PrxerDrv.dll [119792 2018-08-15] (Initex) Winsock: Catalog9-x64 19 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ierd_tgp_lsp64.dll [1010848 2019-01-09] (Tencent) Winsock: Catalog9-x64 20 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ierd_tgp_lsp64.dll [1010848 2019-01-09] (Tencent) Winsock: Catalog9-x64 21 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ierd_tgp_lsp64.dll [1010848 2019-01-09] (Tencent) Winsock: Catalog9-x64 22 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ierd_tgp_lsp64.dll [1010848 2019-01-09] (Tencent) Winsock: Catalog9-x64 23 C:\Windows\system32\PrxerDrv.dll [119792 2018-08-15] (Initex)
  13. Yes, unfortunately without more details there really isn't much to go on, but my suspicion is that either it is as I suggested that the threat had done some damage at some point, or possibly it could have even been an underlying issue with the system that was already present but only manifested once put through the process of scanning/removing the threats with ADWCleaner (for instance some kind of problem with corrupt disk sectors or something similar, though again, this too is merely speculation). Yes, FileHippo is a legit site. I refer users to it often whenever one seeks an older build of Malwarebytes as they keep a long running archive of past software versions for the programs they host. If you are able to get into contact with your friend it might shed light on the situation if he were to run the following tool and submit the resulting ZIP file containing logs that it gathers to Support for analysis; though honestly after the OS has been reinstalled there is not likely to be any evidence of whatever caused the issue anyway so it might not be worth it, but in case your friend is interested in doing so here are the instructions: Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair) Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply
  14. I am sorry i cannot give you more details, my friend is not close, they live 60 miles away. i would love to know the details for my own satisfaction and confidence in the program. It looks suspiciously like a poor download or some error in running the program. It was downloaded from Filehippo, an extremely reputable site.
  15. Who can I contact about my blacklisted lisence I purchase off a third party can show proof of purchase
  16. Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  17. Hello @meiko and Please uninstall all versions of Java. Go to Control Panel, Programs, Add/Remove and uninstall Java. Then run the following. Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop. NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system. Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart. The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply. Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version. fixlist.txt Thanks Ron
  18. @nasdaq is in Europe and it's the weekend @Jack_Klauch The FRST program is very safe to use. Please temporarily disable Defender or SmartScreen if needed and download it, run it, post back the requested logs. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. Press Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.
  19. Hello @Immortaltechchimp and .tabufa extension. ID Ransomeware recognizes it as Global Imposter. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/644166/globeimposter-ransomware-support-crypt-pscrypt-ext-back-fileshtml/
  20. Hello @jaheadley Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop. NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system. Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart. The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply. Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version. fixlist.txt Then reinstall Malwarebytes over the top of what you have now. https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 Then try to update the program and after that then try to activate it and let me know the results Thank you Ron
  21. Hi, This looks like false positives indeed and will get fixed. Thanks for reporting!
  22. forgot this I guess. report.txt
  23. A downloadable game for Windows and macOS - very recently created by the artist of popular game Undertale. https://tuyoki.itch.io/escaped-chasm These 2 files were flagged. Seems dubious. Unsure. New WinRAR archive.rar
  24. If you've contacted Microsoft about licensing issues they will be able to assist you.
  25. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  26. When I try to active my license, I get an error: Unable to contact license server. How to fix it? Thanks mbst-grab-results.zip
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.