All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello @RTL434 Can you please follow the forum post below and send us the FP file report: In the mean time I will try to reproduce the issue on our end. Thank you.
  3. I found no profile. Went to Safari Preferences and General Tab. Put "Top Favorites" in the New Open Window box and in the New Tabs Open With Box. Inbox Helper came up both time. I did not know what to put in the Homepage box and left it blank. Guess it chose the current page which it read as Inbox Helper which is what came up with opening window and new tabs window. Changed the Homepage to Google.com and changed the Opening Window to Homepage but left the New Tabs Window box Top Favorites. The Google opening window worked but when I clicked on a new tabs window the Inbox Helper came on. Changed the New Tabs Window to box to Homepage and the Google homepage came up. I would like to make the opening window and the new window by Bookmarks. Can I make Bookmarks my Homepage? If so, how so? Would love to scrub that Inbox Helper from my system.
  4. Hello @John A, @Porthos and @John L. Galt Thank you for reporting this issue. We were able to reproduce this internally and have raised a defect. This should be addressed soon.
  5. Hello @DowntownBrooklyn Thank you for the file. We are aware of the issue you are mentioning where during uninstall the UI shows as installed. That will be fixed in the next Beta build.
  6. Today
  7. Does anybody know what it actually does/how it works? I'm curious just because I still suspect that one of Malwarebytes' other components might actually detect this threat when it is actively attempting to infect a system (we'd likely need a dropper for it rather than just a DLL, as malware seldom shows up as just a single DLL file and usually starts with some kind of script/exploit or executable file to install/initiate).
  8. Besides being known to Virus Total since 2013, and thus too old for Malwarebytes signature creation, it is a trojan and not a virus.
  9. Some additional remarks. A custom scan on C & D drives is expected to take a long time. You can trim down some run time by un-ticking scan for rootkits ( the rootkit check selection will add more time), As long as the compressed files are relatively the same across time, and if you have a very large amount saved, un-ticking scan within archives will also cut down the total time to scan.
  10. Hello @Moncrief and Please follow the instructions within the first locked/pinned topic at the beginning of this sub-forum: How to remove WeKnow malware (and others) Then, please reply to this topic with the status of your Mac. Thank you.
  11. Good morning. Please be sure that you have seen my 2 preceding replies. This is intended to guide you to a clean new install of Malwarebytes for Windows, and, to get a fresh report from FRST. Please follow the steps in order. [ A ] Restart Windows so that there is a fresh startup. [ B ] Please do a uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes for Windows using the Malwarebytes Support tool. Let me know if that clears up the issue or not. Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674 [ C ] I want to make very sure that you SAVE this next report tool to the DESKTOP or else, to the Downloads folder. Saving it is so important. I would like to have you run a fresh report tool known as FRST. This has no personal information. It is a well-known & widely used &safe. FRST will help provide me with a list of installed programs and other information about your computer that will help me see if there are any other problems that are not being detected. Please follow the steps below to run FRST. 1: Please download FRST64 from the link below and save it to your desktop: "Download link for 64-Bit Version Windows" Please wait and look toward the top or bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save to save the file to the DESKTOP or else, to the Downloads folder. Run report with FRST64 Right-click on FRST icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool , and reply YES to allow it to proceed and run. Windows 10 users will be prompted about Windows "SmartScreen protection" - click line More info information on that screen and click button Run anyway on next screen. Click YES when prompted by Windows U A C prompt to allow it to run. Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info & followup & choose Run anyway. Approve the Windows UAC prompt on Windows Vista and newer operating systems by clicking on Continue or Yes. Click Yes when the* disclaimer* appears in FRST. The tool may want to update itself - in that case you'll be prompted when the update is completed and ready to use. Make sure that Addition options is *checked* - the configuration should look exactly like on the screen below (do not mark additional things unless asked). Press Scan button and wait. The tool will produce three logfiles on your desktop: _FRST.txt_ , _Addition.txt_ Click OK button when it shows up. Close the Notepad windows when they show on screen. The tool saves the files. Please attach these 2 files to your next reply. Thank you.
  12. My Safari home page with my favorite sites was taken over by Inbox Helper, a search box with links to Home Depot and other commercial spots underneath. I bought Malwarebytes specifically to get rid of Inbox Helper. As soon as I installed it, Inbox Helper was erased. The Quarantine report showed MacKeeper. Recently, Inbox Helper has reappeared. I did Malwarebytes scan and everything came up clean. What to do? By the way, the Unistall instructions at the bottom of the Inbox Helper page did not work.
  13. Hello. Are you still needing help ? Did you see my replies ?
  14. Hello. How are things ? Is there anything else you need help on ? My understanding is that the original issue is no longer going on.
  15. Thank you for the log from Adwcleaner. Nothing major found. Just some minor history traces for the Edge browser. I do think that the pc is in better state. The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that can be used to scan for another opinion. The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download Let me know the result of this.
  16. Uninstalled winguard, rebooted malwarebytes returned a clean scan FRST:
  17. Hi. If you have no current need to Orable VBOX then uninstall it.
  18. Hello, I am not real clear on what you have done. Did you do a new Windows system re-install ? Malwarebytes for Windows Premium has multiple protections, including ransomware protection. I would urge you to have Malwarebytes for Windows Premium .
  19. Hi, The following procedure will remove the remaining traces of the browser extension "cloud browser". This fix is for Findeep only. Please Close and save any open work files before you start this next step. It may involve a Windows Restart at the end of it. I am sending a custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRSTENGLISH tool. They will both work together as a pair. Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE AS and save it directly ( as is) to the Downloads folder The tool named FRSTENGLISH.exe is already on the Downloads folder. Start the Windows Explorer and then, open the Downloads folder. Double click FRSTENGLISH to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version. Click the Fix button just once, and wait. PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. Some machines take longer than others. If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally. The tool will complete its run after restart. When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your reply. Also advise on the situation after this run. Fixlist.txt
  20. It is also possible that just the specific Malware Protection/scan engine component didn't detect it but that one of the other modules which are more heuristics and behavior based might since VT only uses the scan engine to check files. The Malware Protection/scan engine component actually makes up a very small part of what Malwarebytes Premium uses to detect threats and prevent infections. It is a layered solution with many different methods to stop attacks and you can learn more about how Malwarebytes works by reviewing the information on this page. In this particular case, since the file in question is a DLL, it can't self-execute (it would have to be an executable file such as an EXE, COM, SCR or other executable file format to do that) so it is probably designed to try and inject itself into another process or to be loaded by another piece of executable malware; behaviors which Malwarebytes should detect via other means such as Exploit Protection.
  21. Hello, The reason is that this malware was or is too old. Or the kind of malware that does not fit into the update policy of Malwarebytes Antimalware. Malware examples may not be older than 3 months. Well, look https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/559f591c811135028bdcb36ff5dd87a7b25abf4b35e1038151cd2efd48263bf5/details its to olld.... MAM
  22. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  23. I don't think Malwarebytes detected this virus. It got detected by about half of the engines on virustotal, but not by MBAM. Here is the result from virustotal: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/559f591c811135028bdcb36ff5dd87a7b25abf4b35e1038151cd2efd48263bf5/detection This probably isn't the right place to post this, but i don't know where else to. Thanks.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.