All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. The data itself as you know is encrypted. Currently, there is no way to recover those files except by paying the ransomware author or restoring from backup. Every once in a while a public key is found or published. You can always store your drive away in the hopes that sometime in the future a key may be posted. Phobos Ransomware https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/688649/phobos-ransomware-help-topic-phobos-phoboshta/ I can assist you in cleaning up the computer, but you might be better off doing an FDisk, Format, and reinstall of Windows. If you'd like assistance though in trying to clean up this computer please let me know. Yes, as most security Analysts have been saying for a while now, one should never keep their backup drive connected. Once a backup is done the drive or connection should be removed. This recommendation has been listed here since 2013 Backup Software
  3. Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  4. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  5. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  6. Thanks Firefox! I ran the tool as suggested and have attached the output. mbst-grab-results.zip
  7. Thank you. The clean operation removed all remnants in the system files and registry. I wasn't aware the Malwarebytes Support tool could perform this without a re-install. Great!
  8. Thank you. I have run and attached the fix log. So far no specific issues. EvanW Fixlog.txt
  9. I was on my computer for 5 minutes when I could hear people talking. I minimized Facebook, and some guys are playing a game on my computer. I can see it, a guy in the corner of the game screen, and hear them talking. I assume it is a RAT, so I ran a malwarebyte scan but it didn`t catch it. What is the best scan to run for a RAT on my system, and how do I get rid of it?
  10. Greetings, The free and trial versions of the product (as well as Premium) all use the same installer, so you don't need any kind of license, key or trial to reinstall Malwarebytes. That said, to perform a clean uninstall of Malwarebytes you don't need to reinstall the product at all either as Malwarebytes provides a special tool for that purpose. To use the tool to clean off any remnants of Malwarebytes from your system just follow the instructions below (I'd recommend temporarily disabling your Controlled Folder Access to allow the tool to delete any files/folders belonging to Malwarebytes that might be in protected locations otherwise Windows probably won't allow them to be removed): Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair) Click the Clean button, and allow it to restart your system. You'll be prompted to reinstall Malwarebytes after that, but since you don't want Malwarebytes installed just opt out of it.
  11. Greetings, Thanks for the suggestion. I will be sure to report this to the team for review and consideration. It's possible that there is some kind of bug/issue with the system causing it to fail to populate existing installations automatically, but otherwise if they did change it, I will request that they return this functionality if possible. If you have any further suggestions or feature requests please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks
  12. Yes, the automation in that tool definitely makes the job of performing a clean install much easier than having to dig through folders and the registry to seek out any remaining traces and is also much safer (and potentially more comprehensive) than trying to use a third party tool such as Revo and the like. If there's anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks
  13. Greetings, Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely like this idea and will be sure to submit it to the team for review and consideration.
  14. It''s bit better than before but not sped up substantially. Is everything cleared now ?
  15. Would someone kindly define what the Malwarebytes bot means by their Windows product? e.g, Adware Cleaner, JRT, Windows Firewall Control by BiniSoft ? Or is it supposed to mean Malwarebytes 3 for Windows versus Malwarebytes for Android ?
  16. Neither of the two selections provided by the Malwarebytes bot are relative. I didn't install a Malwarebytes Windows product nor do I have a license issue for a paid version of MalwareBytes I only installed Malwarebytes 'Trial' premium version for consumers.
  17. The idea was to lock the settings, this was dreamed up before it was a managed product.
  18. it's out! https://www.malwarebytes.com/partners/managed-service-providers/
  19. Thanks for that Exile360. I had read elsewhere from a description posted a year ago in general what you stated here. Your statement here is more deliberative and it a bit more descriptive. (A change to some words and a few more added is what I mean.) I knew by going thru the procedures after a download there would be electives; I just wanted to know in advance. The mb-clean tool stands to be a great tool to replace my more laborious manner of doing a clean install. My kudos to the Malwarebytes team ! (You can use anything in this post as a testimonial from me ! ) 😊
  20. An option to report a website for analysis (because it is suspicious). I asume MBAM also has automated analysis, so it is an extra option to collect URL's of malware sites. You could add some predifined options Suspicios because a) other security solutions warn for it (probably malware) b) mimics another website (probably phisining) c) behaves weird or suspiciously (probably hacked) d) other comment: ________________________________
  21. In an elevated Powershell type sfc /scanniw and then press enter, and let it run, then type dism /online / cleanup-image /restore health and then press enter and let it run other suggestions are to reset using the Keep My Files option then, if needed, backup your stuff and try a reset with the remove everything option i can’t help any more due to severe eye problems good luck!
  22. Where can I get help re: my purchase? I feel you (malware) might have your own scam going. We are older but paid the full price and never could get any Person to help refund or prorate our account (by about 4 months). I have questions and would really appreciate speaking w/ someone before I sign up again. There were nothing but dead ends and lost funds/months of service. I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance. And sorry if I'm on the wrong post sight ~Linda
  23. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  24. I have the feature update of version 1809 build 17763 Windows 10 that I received in December 2018 through the Windows Update process. I have been running Windows 10 without any issues whatsoever (knock on wood). The previous version I undated from also had no issues either which was version 1803. I enabled the Windows ransomware protection just last month for the first time and it performed flawlessly without any issues. It automatically creating protected folders and allowed me to add apps through the Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 settings. Approximately the week following after enabling Windows ransomware protection, I installed the Premium 'trial' version of Malwarebytes, unaware that Malwarebytes premium comes with anti-ransomware. After I installed the Malwarebytes trial version, I began to notice issues with not only Windows ransomware protection that I had not seen before, but also my printer unable to print from a browser. I only recently purchased a new Dell XPS desktop 1 year ago. This is a breakdown of issues I've experienced : 1) Windows notifications prompts me that ransomware protection is blocking the apps I already added as allowed apps while running them from a USB thumb drive. 2) After deciding to focus on resolving the printer issue and troubleshooting with Dell on the printer, the only resolution to fix the print issue was to perform a system restore . I saw only two choices of system restore dates to select - the date MalwareBtyes was installed and after it was installed. I selected the former. The printer issue was resolved and Malwarebytes could no longer be ran. 3) My focus turned toward troubleshooting the Windows ransomware protection. I'm still receiving Windows notifications whenever I run a portable app from the USB drive that says these apps are being blocked even though the apps were already added. I can see those apps added under Controlled Folder Access in Windows settings. My concern is that I can see a lot of remnants of Malwarebytes that are scattered throughout my system files and registry. The most logical method I know to successfully remove all of the traces and leftovers would be to re-install the MalwareBytes trial version, and then perform a clean un-install with an uninstaller tool. The problem with that method however is my system already installed the trial version, so I will not be permitted another re-install. After reflecting back on what sequence of events had to have caused these issues, I have to derive from those experiences that all of the issues began prior to the restore which leads me to conclude the installation of the MB application likely caused a conflict. I can only make a request at this point to Malwarebytes if it's at all possible, on whether a temporary key for re-installing the trial version could be issued so that I can perform a clean un-install. It would be the easiest and cleanest method. However if there is a better resolution, I am most willing to give something else a try. Thank you in advance
  25. Cannot install malwarebytes error message is cant call proc 433:1049. tried running support tool. it told me microsoft .net needed to be upgraded which I did. it still does not recognize microsoft .net 4.0 so the support tool will not run I did get a message that .net installed correctly Malwarebytes still will not install What is next? Richie
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.