All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi, Pramod2209 My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case. I would like to work with you & get some additional information. Please see this pinned post, run the FRST tool, and then post back by attaching the reports from FRST to this thread here. No need to make a new topic. See
  3. Hi, My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case. Those items were P U P potentially unwanted type items and were on Chrome browser. These type adwares come about from browsing the web on some sites. You can see the definitions & descriptions about most of these on the Threat blog. https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/pup-optional-conduit/ https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/pup-optional-babylon/ There is not a good way to know from how long ago these PUP's were. Let me suggest two follow-ups. [ 1 ] Use Chrome browser to go to https://www.google.com/settings/chrome/sync and sign into your account. Scroll down until you see the "reset sync" button and click on the button At the prompt click on "Ok". [ 2 ] I would suggest to download, Save, and then run Malwarebytes ADWCLEANER. Please close Chrome and all other open web browsers after you have saved the Adwcleaner and before you start Adwcleaner scan. Version 7.4 of Adwcleaner detects factory Preinstalled applications too! I encourage you to take a look at the announcement blogpost to learn more this new detection category: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/malwarebytes-news/2019/07/your-device,-your-choice:-adwcleaner-now-detects-preinstalled-software/. Please download Malwarebytes AdwCleaner https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner Be sure to Save the file first, to your system. Saving to the Downloads folder should be the default on your system. Go to the folder where you saved Adwcleaner. Double click Adwcleaner to start it. At the prompt for license agreement, review and then click on I agree. You will then see a main screen for Adwcleaner. ( if you do not see it right away, minimized the other open windows, so you can see Adwcleaner). Then click on Dashboard button. Click the blue button "Scan Now". allow it a few minutes to finish the Scan. Let it remove what it finds. NOTE: When it comes to the section " Pre-installed applications You can skip that. Please find and send the Adwcleaner "C" clean report. In Adwcleaner, click the "Reports" button. Look at the list of reports for the latest date & type "Clean". Double Click that line & it will open in Notepad. Save the file to your system and then Attach that with your reply. Thanks. Keep me advised.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Hello @celtics How are you doing on doing the reports ?
  6. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  7. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  8. I recently installed malware bytes on my PC. I run Windows 10. It made some changes to my computer and I can now no longer access the web. My WiFi settings show that I am connected but not receiving internet on a network I know to be working. Chrome gives the error NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID when I open any webpage. i uninstalled malwarebytes from system settings but am still having the same issue. Does anyone know how to solve this?
  9. Hi - One of my users just emailed me about this. Malwarebytes is blocking my web site antibody-software.com due to "bad reputation". All of the software on the site is safe and malware free so I'm not sure why this is happening. Could you help please? Thanks.
  10. That 1 was still active when it was cleared on Sept 9. Yandex finally cleared it today. Just clicked reanalyze and it's at 0 now.
  11. One Engine here detects malware: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/493ea005230a240382db924c87018af03ea87f0b0650bfa6e94b9839955cf6b1/detection.
  12. Hi kevinf80! I´ve been away in a business trip and will be back at my office tomorrow. I´ll try you solution the moment I get there and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks in advance for your reply!
  13. Ok, I will make my observation clearer The question is about browser guard - correct The following post says That browser guard is not supported on the chromebook I'm asking why, if that is the case, on the malwarebytes chromebook.page does it explicitly state We recommend adding our free Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for faster page loading and protection against risky sites, such as phishing and tech support scams so if you dont support browser guard on the chromebook why on the chromebook malwarebytes page do you recommend I use it. and point me to the browser guard page when i install the malware bytes product on the chromebook.? your own marketing and product both seem to suggest that the browser guard is supported on the chromebook.. this is what I am asking NOT about malwarebytes for chromebook. hope this clear.. I mention the payment to imply I'm not just someone moaning about a free product not working, I put my money down and paid for the product to help provide support.
  14. I found an old 2015 version of malwarebytes and with that and copying the files to the program data and the appropriate folder this worked. Thanks
  15. This topic refers to the browser guard add-on for Chrome. NOT Malwarebytes for ChromeBOOK. The Browser addon is FREE you do not pay for that part. There are issues that are being worked out on linux android and chromebooks. Might want to open a topic in this section if your having with the actual Malwarebytes for Chromebooks.. https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/131-malwarebytes-for-android-support-forum/
  16. you say you don't officially support the Chromebook but have the URL https://www.malwarebytes.com/chromebook/ and on that page it states. We recommend adding our free Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for faster page loading and protection against risky sites, such as phishing and tech support scams. so, which is it? Do you or don't you support? I pay money for this product and it's crashing
  17. @cdu4 This thread is over four years old. You need to take that up with Trend Micro.
  18. Running Malwarebytes manual custom scans have always only taken about 2hrs. Scan times have jumped to 10hrs - 19hrs - 56hrs - 85hrs in May19- June19- July19- Sept19 respectively over the months. The last one taking 85 hours is 3-1/2 days! This is unheard of! Number of objects scanned have also jumped but I (and my wife) have not downloaded or saved additional files which is why I fear an infection (however, the scans come up clean). Also note that I include rootkits to the custom MB scan. Regular Hyper scans only take minutes with no infections, but only scan a few thousand files. Number of objects for the last three dates are June - 653,337, July - 662,982 and Sept - 693,854. The last "reasonable" scan was May19 - 592,090 objects taking "only" 10hrs. Running a Norton 360 full system scan covers 1,040,227 objects taking 1hr 19min with no threats detected. Both scanning only a C drive. Nortons and MB have always played well together and I never get any conflicts. Attached are the MB export files - I included a Jan 2019 scan result just to contrast the differences. Can anyone help me dig a little deeper to see what is bogging down the scans? Do I have an infection? Any help would be appreciated! Scan 1-12-19.txt Scan 5-12-19.txt Scan 6-30-19.txt Scan 7-6-19.txt Scan 9-1-19.txt
  19. I am using Malwarebytes Premium and am also using Browser Guard when browsing the web on Google Chrome. I think everything is safe. But not! When I started to press the scan button. Unbelievable! The results were really unexpected! Why are these PUPs in my computer? Where does it come from? When did it exist? Is anyone using Chrome, please try scanning to check if there is a situation like this? Thanks. scanresults.txt
  20. Hello @AlbertM and Sharing your MB4.Beta2 experiences is highly appreciated. Would you please document your observations with screenshots and logs? The Malwarebytes' staff/devs need hard data to resolve this issue. Thank you.
  21. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  22. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.