All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Here is the post from the fixlog you requested. I tried opening tab 2 and typing anything in the http window and hit enter and it still wants me to use feed-sonic. So I am posting this fixlog as requested. I have NOT yet done the chrome sync thing yet. I am awaiting next orders. Below is the fixlog requested from the FRST run once with the fix button as requested. Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 07-12-2019 Ran by Willie (14-12-2019 00:19:01) Run:1 Running from C:\Users\Willie\Downloads Loaded Profiles: Willie (Available Profiles: Willie) Boot Mode: Normal ============================================== fixlist content: ***************** SystemRestore: On CreateRestorePoint: CloseProcesses: EmptyTemp: HKLM\...\Policies\Explorer: [EnableShellExecuteHooks] 1 HKU\S-1-5-21-1324778506-3867823210-3772949011-1001\...\Policies\Explorer: [NoLowDiskSpaceChecks] 1 FF HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox: Restriction <==== ATTENTION Task: {24928C18-7EB5-4223-9930-97E336418B05} - System32\Tasks\FreeFileViewerUpdateChecker => C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeFileViewer\FFVCheckForUpdates.exe [1642896 2015-12-30] (Bitberry Software -> Bitberry Software) <==== ATTENTION Task: C:\Windows\Tasks\FreeFileViewerUpdateChecker.job => C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeFileViewer\FFVCheckForUpdates.exe <==== ATTENTION SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL = SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL = SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1324778506-3867823210-3772949011-1001 -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL = CHR Extension: (Amazon Assistant for Chrome) - C:\Users\Willie\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pbjikboenpfhbbejgkoklgkhjpfogcam [2019-12-11] ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [00asw] -> {472083B0-C522-11CF-8763-00608CC02F24} => -> No File ContextMenuHandlers5: [igfxcui] -> {3AB1675A-CCFF-11D2-8B20-00A0C93CB1F4} => -> No File AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\sdpsenv.dat:naughtypirates [482] FirewallRules: [{2A208FCF-462D-4766-AE22-EEB728EFB977}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeFileViewer\FFVCheckForUpdates.exe (Bitberry Software -> Bitberry Software) FirewallRules: [{235EEA00-A920-40B2-A04C-EE7B3F0C10B6}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeFileViewer\FFVCheckForUpdates.exe (Bitberry Software -> Bitberry Software) C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeFileViewer ***************** SystemRestore: On => completed Restore point was successfully created. Processes closed successfully. "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\\EnableShellExecuteHooks" => removed successfully "HKU\S-1-5-21-1324778506-3867823210-3772949011-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\\NoLowDiskSpaceChecks" => removed successfully HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Mozilla => removed successfully "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{24928C18-7EB5-4223-9930-97E336418B05}" => not found "C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\FreeFileViewerUpdateChecker" => not found "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\FreeFileViewerUpdateChecker" => not found "C:\Windows\Tasks\FreeFileViewerUpdateChecker.job" => not found HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\\"DefaultScope"="{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}" => value restored successfully HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\\"DefaultScope"="{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}" => value restored successfully "HKU\S-1-5-21-1324778506-3867823210-3772949011-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\\DefaultScope" => removed successfully CHR Extension: (Amazon Assistant for Chrome) - C:\Users\Willie\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pbjikboenpfhbbejgkoklgkhjpfogcam [2019-12-11] => Error: No automatic fix found for this entry. HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers\00asw => removed successfully HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers\igfxcui => removed successfully C:\ProgramData\sdpsenv.dat => ":naughtypirates" ADS removed successfully "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\{2A208FCF-462D-4766-AE22-EEB728EFB977}" => not found "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\\{235EEA00-A920-40B2-A04C-EE7B3F0C10B6}" => not found "C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeFileViewer" => not found =========== EmptyTemp: ========== BITS transfer queue => 10510336 B DOMStore, IE Recovery, AppCache, Feeds Cache, Thumbcache, IconCache => 5321561 B Java, Flash, Steam htmlcache => 291 B Windows/system/drivers => 23468 B Edge => 0 B Chrome => 123211172 B Firefox => 0 B Opera => 0 B Temp, IE cache, history, cookies, recent: Default => 0 B Users => 0 B ProgramData => 0 B Public => 0 B systemprofile => 0 B systemprofile32 => 0 B LocalService => 68788 B NetworkService => 245984 B Willie => 1236276 B RecycleBin => 0 B EmptyTemp: => 134.1 MB temporary data Removed. ================================ The system needed a reboot. ==== End of Fixlog 00:19:24 ====
  3. Hello @Alpharius In case you run into the issue again, please let us know.
  4. Today
  5. Thanks, you did great. Now please try performing a clean installation of Malwarebytes by following the instructions below and hopefully this will correct the issue you are experiencing: Run the Malwarebytes Support Tool Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair) Click the Clean button, and allow it to restart your system and then reinstall Malwarebytes, either by allowing the tool to do so when it offers to on restart, or by downloading and installing the latest version from here Once that is done, open Malwarebytes and re-activate it using your license key. Please let us know how it goes and if the issue is resolved or not. Thanks
  6. In future, this would be better forum topic to use for Malwarebytes Endpoint Security Console. Https//:forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/230-malwarebytes-management-console/ Use [Register] and re-input your license keys again to re-verify console. Support will get back to you.
  7. I personally did know about ARM devices (Never owned one.Actually I actually forgot they exist.). You can get a refund with out issue. Please contact Malwarebytes Support directly by filling out the form on the bottom of this page and they will assist you
  8. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log Can you zip up the CBS.log file and upload it and I'll review it on Monday.
  9. Please follow the directions from the following topic to clean up and reset Google Chrome Let me know if that resolves the issue or not. I'll check back on you sometime on Monday Cheers
  10. I'm just rebuilding my new Surface Pro X after unwittingly installing Malwarebytes. I crashed the Surface so badly that no recovery option worked, other than a factory reset. Now I know this does not work and according to this article, https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3635, "ARM-based Windows 10 PCs, such as Surface Pro X, are not currently compatible with Malwarebytes for Windows version 4. If you install Malwarebytes version 4 on this kind of device, technical issues may occur, such as an operating system crash. We recommend you do not install Malwarebytes for Windows version 4 on the Surface Pro X or other ARM-based device." Well, thanks for that. How about detecting the environment and preventing the install instead of allowing it to crash and burn the machine? Also, how about creating an ARM64 compatible build of Malwarebytes? I have paid for the software. I'm expecting it to work on a Windows machine without me having to have a degree in computer science to figure out whether or not it may be compatible with this new machine's particular processor. That's your job. Sincerely annoyed, teylyn
  11. Malwarebytes is for physical disk files that can be used to do all sorts of malicious and/or nefarious acts. as in MALicious softWARE or malware. The email is a confidence game or simply a "con". The email is an example of social Engineering which is the Human Exploit. It is exploiting a fear of infection or private data release or embarrassing content and is attempting to exploit human vulnerabilities to gain a monetary ( BitCoin ) gain with out having extended much energy and at a relatively low cost.
  12. Even Windows Defender does not scan email. But with that type of scam, even if it did, there is nothing to "scan" so nothing would be found.
  13. Well, lesson learned. I did not know that MBAM was only for non-email threats, nor that it did not scan email.
  14. Be advised if you have anything on the computer important to you STOP and seek local professional assistance. Installing Windows will erase your drive.
  15. Malwarebytes is for the non email threats. It is up to the user to know what email is a scam and to not open attachments. The fact you deleted the mail is a sign you are more aware of scams than most.
  16. How to Boot from a USB Flash Drive in Windows 10
  17. If the case were so simple, why would I need Malware Bytes?
  18. Biggest clue it is just a scam no matter what the email states. Always a scam to scare you in to paying their "ransom".
  19. Yes downloaded from Microsoft and they also created the install media. Do I need anything else? Last time I tried to install it, the process stopped when I selected don't save anything do a clean install and then everything went bad, install stopped, screen went black and a note came up to repair my computer. But I didn't know I had to disable some of the boot parameters suggested in the tutorial.
  20. Did it mention a bitcoin address to send money to.
  21. First clue is that the email was from Me to Me. I get a lot of phone scam calls spoofing my Caller ID, too. However, when I printed out a copy of the scam email, the re-formatted message was from "silent inject" to Me with no subject. In the body all that was there was "90% Payload running... and the notation "Mutex_id:1WR25FFXHHHF" . This bothered me because I thought it may refer to a process running that was intended to lock up my PC by overloading the CPU. I am not an IT professional and need all the help I can get.
  22. Do you already have a windows 10 install USB created??
  23. Like David said ALL emails like that are junk and need to deleted and forgotten. I have a couple HUNDRED of those in a folder to show my clients the many ways they try to bait you into sending money. No snark implied.
  24. I agree. however I will attempt to show where I got off track in the directions to do a clean install of win 10 you provided, under #5 Windows boot manager, select Win 10 64 bit, then where I'm going off the rails, it says "specify advanced options" press f8 then it appears to say "TenForums.com" I assumed I needed to add this and may have required an internet connection to your site or perhaps it was already built into the OS. Didn't know
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.