All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Allow me to add these tips, regarding the network adapter & its IP properties settings. You can use the steps to Enable Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) & Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4 ) You want to be sure that both are enabled. See the Option TWO in this article https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/90033-enable-disable-ipv6-windows.html As far as DNS server name addresses, you can choose either to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" or else pick either Google Pubic DNS, or else Open DNS. see the tips & chart on this article See https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/77444-change-ipv4-ipv6-dns-server-address-windows.html
  3. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  4. I actually had removed Malwarebytes premium because of some performance issues, but my premium subscription auto-renewed and I was charged for another 3 year license. I got an email asking me to set up an account: "We know you’re busy, but if you take a moment to set up your Malwarebytes subscription account, your life will get a whole lot easier. Through your subscription account you will be able to manage your Malwarebytes subscription, billing, email preferences, get easier access to support, and take advantage of special offers. Set up is fast, simple, and painless." Hah! I finally did that, and when I logged into my account it said I had three overlapping licenses. It had me download the new premium version, which I'd been automatically billed for, and when I started it it said it was a "14 day free trial" and invited me to upgrade. And when I tried to activate it with the license key sent with my account registration it said that key was already in use. What's really disturbing is one of the three licenses was not for me: it had a different billing address, different credit card number and different name on the PDF invoice. I cancelled that account's auto-renewal, as well as the two that did look like mine. I've removed the trial version, and am not even sure I even want security software from somebody who can't even get basic accounting right.
  5. I also have a Dell and had issue with 4.00, caused a black screen , probably irrelevant now, I had 71 detections with 4.0.1, all Aomei Backupper, excluded them all, in a few days I will delete all my exclusions and run another scan to see if they are still picked up as FP;s.
  6. Today
  7. I didn't have many exclusions either. Most were for Norton Security. The other were also FPs that were found under 4.0.0. I don't miss those, but would have like to have the Norton Security ones and my settings.
  8. I installed 4.0.1 over 4.0.0 on 3 machines. I have a thread started (Dell) where it went completely stupid. In a previous thread, another machine that kept showing the same file repeatedly (even after ignoring) went stupid also. My main machine, the desktop, had 0 issues installing over the old one. However, with the issues on the Dell, and the ghost issue on the Lenovo, I've decided that I'm cleanly installing all 3 machines (multiple installs all around) and taking it fresh. I didn't have any real exclusions, other than a lot of the FPs I found, and IMO not having those excluded anymore will help determine which ones are no longer FPs - and more importantly, which ones still are.
  9. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  10. Hello, I purchased a total of 6 lifetime keys directly from the Malwarebytes website several years ago. I went to go activate MBAM on my new computer and found out that two keys that I wasn't using are blacklisted. On my Malwarebytes account page they show up as "Canceled." I don't understand how a lifetime key can be canceled. I am also very diligent to deactivate the key on an old PC when moving it to a new one and I keep track on which PC goes what key. I see that there are others on these forums having issues same as mine. I've created a support ticket 2694752. I have 4 lifetime keys in use on 4 computers without an issue, but for some reason 2 other lifetime keys are canceled. Please help and thank you
  11. When I did my clean install it didn't ask me to reboot either. Not sure what happened. Oh well. Seems to be working fine now.
  12. Strange, I didn't have to reboot to update..I think.. memory ain't what it used to be.
  13. Even kept my detection's from before the update which I thought was cool.
  14. I missed that. Hmmm. Not sure what happened. The progress continued and then it said I had to reboot so I did. When I started up MB and checked it said I was still on 4.0.0.
  15. Maybe. Anyone successfully install 4.0.1 over 4.0.0?
  16. Maybe because you installed over 4.0.0 and we installed over 3.8.3?????
  17. I guess I was just the unlucky one. 🙁
  18. Likewise, kept all my old settings as well.
  19. Hello @BillH99999: You would be hard pressed to find those who disagree and of course this was requested years ago. Let's keep our hopes up. Thank you.
  20. Hi, @Lockedkey My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case. Thanks for the reports. First, lets get Segurazo Realtime Protection Lite uninstalled. It is a pest. 1. Type the Windows key+R to open the Run command. 2. Type control appwiz.cpl and hit Enter. The Programs and Features window will appear. 3. Locate Segurazo Realtime Protection and Right click once to select it, then click the Uninstall button Keep going and do all that follows, too. { 2 ] Let’s do a new thorough scan with Malwarebytes for Windows. The goal is to see whether there is an infection or P U P. Let's do one new run with Malwarebytes for Windows. Start Malwarebytes. Click Settings. Click Protection tab & scroll down to Scan options. On the section "Potential Threat Protection" look down at the one "Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)" look and make sure it is set to "Always detect PUPS ". and look down at the one "Potential Unwanted Modifications (PUM)" look and make sure it is set to "Always detect PUM ". and scroll all the way down to the section Automatic Quarantine On the line "Automatically quarantine detected malware" be sure it is ON Then once all set there, click on SCAN button Then insure Threat scan has a check mark. Then click Start scan. Review the results list. Then I would suggest you make sure all lines have a check mark To that end, if you click the very top left checkbox you can force all detected lines ( if any are detected) to be selected for removal. Be sure each line is checked. Then you can proceed to click on the blue button Quarantine selected. In Malwarebytes. Click the Reports button ( on the left ) Look for the "Scan Report" that has the most recent Date and time. When located, click the check box for it and click on View Report. Then click the Export button at the bottom left. Then select Text File (*.txt) Put in a name for that file and remember where the file is created. Then attach that file with your next reply We will do more on the next round. Sincerely.
  21. Malwarebytes www.malwarebytes.com -Log Details- Protection Event Date: 8/24/19 Protection Event Time: 9:41 AM Log File: 3e941b83-c610-11e9-b21e-54ab3ac4c1f6.json -Software Information- Version: 3.8.3.2965 Components Version: 1.0.613 Update Package Version: 1.0.12159 License: Trial -System Information- OS: Windows 10 (Build 17134.885) CPU: x64 File System: NTFS User: System -Exploit Details- File: 0 (No malicious items detected) Exploit: 1 Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic, , Blocked, [0], [392684],0.0.0 -Exploit Data- Affected Application: VLC Player Protection Layer: Application Behavior Protection Protection Technique: Exploit payload process blocked File Name: C:\Users\Tan Yong Sing\AppData\Local\Temp\vlc-3.0.8-win64.exe C:\Users\Tan Yong Sing\AppData\Local\Temp\vlc-3.0.8-win64.exe URL: (end) Malwarebytes www.malwarebytes.com -Log Details- Protection Event Date: 8/24/19 Protection Event Time: 9:41 AM Log File: 3f58504c-c610-11e9-9bbd-54ab3ac4c1f6.json -Software Information- Version: 3.8.3.2965 Components Version: 1.0.613 Update Package Version: 1.0.12159 License: Trial -System Information- OS: Windows 10 (Build 17134.885) CPU: x64 File System: NTFS User: System -Exploit Details- File: 1 Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic, C:\Users\Tan Yong Sing\AppData\Local\Temp\vlc-3.0.8-win64.exe, Quarantined, [0], [392684],0.0.0 Exploit: 0 (No malicious items detected) (end) After vlc download the update files, it was wrongfully detected as an exploit. Hence, prevents an update. (the user checks for an update within the software, not an auto update) Malwarebytes generates 2 Reports as pasted above
  22. Hello @jasonbrown1965 First, the website block notice means that the Ma;warebytes Premium's website protection is keeping your pc safe. For Your Information: The website Block message indicates that a potential risk was blocked by the malicious website protection. The Malwarebytes web protection, by default, will always show each IP block occurrence. The Malwarebytes Webs protection feature will advise customers when a known or suspected malicious IP is attempted to be reached (outgoing) or is trying access your PC. See our info page https://www.malwarebytes.com/lp/ip-blocking/?ipblock=true Incoming block notice can be ignored, our software is blocking the threat and there is nothing more that can be done. On Outbound blocks, any attempted connection was stopped. [ 2 ] The Bitdefender threat block dated August 24 is about the cache area of the Google Chrome browser. Other suggestions, for Chrome, while Chrome is running: Press & hold SHIFT+CTRL+Del keys on keyboard to get menu for clearing browsing data: Check mark the line "Browsing history" Check mark the line "Download history" Check mark the lined "Cached images and files" and press Clear Data button ( in blue ) [ 3 ] I would like to get additional information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward. NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file Double-click mb-support-1.4.0.623.exe to run the report You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!" Do NOT use the button “Start repair” ! Click the Advanced tab on the left column Click the Gather Logs button A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply. Thank you.
  23. Sorry did not understand the response instructions properly, i.e . But when I went to download FRST, I got a) unsafe site alert, b) a "Failed - Insufficient permissions" error from Bitdefender, and c) a warning about it being a trojan. Advice?
  24. Thanks for the report file. The Chrome browser has an extension called "Cloud Browser" Lets get that uninstalled & then see if the "cloud1" thing goes away. Start Chrome. Look on the upper top right and click on the 3 dots ( or dashes) menu icon of Chrome ( top bar). Then click on More Tools > then click on EXTENSIONS. Look for " Cloud Browser " then if you see on its right a blue color slider, click or slide it to the left so that it is dimmed to grey color ( turned off) Then click on REMOVE with your mouse. Please confirm the uninstall on your next reply. . also do these tips to tighten up the web browsers. See this article on our Malwarebytes Blog https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/ You want to disable the ability of each web browser on this machine from being able to allow "push ads". That means Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser (on Windows 10), or on Opera. Scroll down to the tips section "How do I disable them". also, if you use Chrome or Firefox browser, install the Malwarebytes beta browser extension. There is one for Chrome & another for Firefox. To get & install the Malwarebytes beta Chrome extension, Open this link in your Chrome browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee Then proceed with the setup. To get & install the Malwarebytes beta Firefox extension. Open this link in your Firefox browser: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/malwarebytes/ Then proceed with the setup. . Keep me advised. IF you see the same "cloud1" message, lets have you get a screen-grab-image copy of that display. Use the following how-to article ( "take a Screenshot on Windows" ) https://lifehacker.com/how-to-take-a-screenshot-or-picture-of-whats-on-your-co-5825771 Sincerely, .
  25. That is why I tried to install over 4.0.0... to retain my exclusions. I still really think MB should have a way to export your exclusions so they can be imported into a fresh install. That should really be true of all the settings. It is a pain to have to re-enter all this information every time, especially when you are a senior citizen like me and can't remember all the settings and exclusions I was using. 😄
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.