All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks for the information and log. On your next reply, kindly let us know just which mode of Windows is in use at this point. I have another suggestion for you, for the purpose of troubleshooting. First, set Windows to enable the use of F8 function key at machine startup. Use Option One & step 3 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/22455-enable-disable-f8-advanced-boot-options-windows-10-a.html For troubleshooting, via a clean-boot startup https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/41804-perform-clean-boot-windows-10-troubleshoot-software-conflicts.html This ought to help on your quest
  3. Thank you for the reports. This pc has the consumer Malwarebytes for Windows, version 3.8.3.2965 The last scan run found no malware; no P U P The Fixlist run indicates that the "up.exe" in the Fonts sub-folder is no longer present. That would tend to mean that the original block notice should be no more. As to the display in Windows Security Center / Action Center, make this adjustment here. go into Malwarebytes. Click Settings. Click Application tab. Scroll down to Windows Action Center. . IF it is now on "Let Malwarebytes apply the best" then in that case, click on the line "NEVER register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center". Close the window when this is done. Let me know if you need other help. Sincerely.
  4. Sorry, this has been a really busy week. I will run this later today and get back to you. Thank you so much for reaching out to me.
  5. Hi, Download the AutoRuns program from this link. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx Create a folder where you will want this program to run from. Extract the file to that new created folder. Depending on your Operating System, run the Autoruns.txt (32 bit) or the Autoruns64.exe (64 bit) program. Click on the Logon Menu and from the Menu Save the file as MyAutoruns.txt Post the file for my review. === --RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop Download RogueKiller Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or above, right-click the program file and select "Run as Administrator" Accept the user agreements. Execute the scan and wait until it has finished. If a Windows opens to explain what [PUM's] are, read about it. Click the RoguKiller icon on your taksbar to return to the report. Click open the Report Click Export TXT button Save the file as ReportRogue.txt Click the Remove button to delete the items in RED Click Finish and close the program. Locate the ReportRogue.txt file on your Desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next. ======= Post the logs for my review.
  6. I did send you a personal message that this topic was reserved for you. There has been no reply from you. This topic is now closed due to lack of response.
  7. Hi, Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from. The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted. Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait. The Computer will restart when the fix is completed. It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply. === Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know if the problem is solved. fixlist.txt
  8. Today
  9. Yeah i just found out on google this is just FB being aggressive, i thought my account was hacked. Case closed.
  10. Maurice - my apologies for not replying yesterday. I got caught up at work. I have not had any further occurrences of the blocked Trojan since installing the beta web browser extension. I think we’ve succeeded. Many many thanks for your help. Cathy
  11. Does the portable build use the "emergency updater" ? I don't use CCleaner at all, i mostly used it for managing start up programs, shell extensions and that kind of stuff anyway. Now i use Sysinternals Autoruns. I loved it before
  12. Btw, sorry. I can't paste it here. I'm using my phone rn.
  13. Good day... I tried diagnosing it many times but it says "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" (actually many times before). And then I searched youtube.com, fb.com gmail.com and searched something on google to make it sure if it really works but it stays the same. Heres the detection details and publisher details:
  14. Google it. Common fb bs for new acts flagged by their system and to get your id. 50/50 they will open it back up and you may have to create another account.
  15. Hello redmaria and welcome to Malwarebytes, Continue with the following: If you do not have Malwarebytes installed do the following: Download Malwarebytes version 3 from the following link: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/ Double click on the installer and follow the prompts. If necessary select the Blue Help tab for video instructions.... When the install completes or Malwarebytes is already installed do the following: Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "protection tab" Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on.... Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab...... When the scan completes quarantine any found entries... To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following: Click on the Report tab > from main interface. Double click on the Scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed. Click Export > From export you have two options: Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply Please use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply… Next, Download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes onto your Desktop. Or from this Mirror Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users) Accept the EULA (I accept), then click on Scan Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Clean button. This will kill all the active processes Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply Next, Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version. If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way... Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status... Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.) Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans" Press Scan button to run the tool.... It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply. The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply. Let me see those logs in your reply... Regarding your iPhone, open a thread here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/245-malwarebytes-for-ios-support/ Thank you, Kevin....
  16. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  17. My new office required us to make facebook account to promotional purpose, and 2 days ago i made new one with my real name and everything is real, i just dont upload the photo yet because its on office PC. A few hours later when i open facebook to upload the photo i am suddenly log out and there is message "We've noticed suspicious activity on your account. To get back on Facebook, we need you to provide some additional information." i press the continue button and they ask for my photo and i upload it and another message appear "We'll check it bla bla" and until now i cant access my facebook. I don't understand, What does suspicious activity mean? does is mean someone else trying to log in with my account ? I think its impossible because i just made it. And i am thinking about phishing malware but when i scan with Malwarebytes free and avast free everything is clean and nothing suspicious. I read on internet this happening because facebook think this is fake account/bot or etc, so they send suspicious activity warning. Is it true ? What do you guys think is this because someone else try to hack my account or this is from facebook because they think my account is fake/bot?
  18. Hello, Yup! Problem solved!!! Just waited for a day and put the code in, everything work out very well. Thank you so much you guys.
  19. Yesterday
  20. Malwarebytes currently only scans the currently booted drive. If that old data drive is not bootable by your current Mac, then it cannot be scanned by Malwarebytes. I'm unaware of any efforts to add this capability, but Malwarebytes normally does not make such information public until placed in beta testing or released.
  21. I didn't receive any alert in Mojave, probably because I checked the "remember" box after the last one. Will check on High Sierra this weekend. The other curiosity is that BlockBlock indicates no signing authorities for the unknown process. Only processes signed by Apple are able to install anything into a System Library unless you have disabled SIP.
  22. Just FYI regarding legal precedence: https://blog.ericgoldman.org/archives/2017/11/section-230c2-protects-anti-malware-vendor-enigma-v-malwarebytes.htm https://blog.ericgoldman.org/archives/2018/09/section-230-helps-malware-vendor-avoid-liability-for-blocking-decision-pc-drivers-v-malwarebytes.htm If it does turn out that this is being blocked deliberately (though I doubt it unless the main Malwarebytes application is actually detecting this program as PUP or a threat, which doesn't appear to be the case) then please refer to the information found here.
  23. Yes, that's definitely the cause then. It is something we have seen on other dual monitor configurations and the Developers are aware of it. Unfortunately it is the product of how Windows handles the taskbar and window alignment in multi-display environments which can cause suck quirks to occur, but the Developers are investigating ways to work around it for future releases and hopefully they will eventually be able to solve the problem in a future release, but until then it is something we will just have to live with unfortunately. Anyway, I am glad that we were at least able to determine why the issue is occurring, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know. Thanks
  24. The setting uses the terminology 'application component updates' and 'full version updates' and these settings are stored under the Application tab while the setting for database/signature updates is stored under the Protection tab and uses different terminology and this is the setting that applies to database updates. The Dashboard works the way it does because there are only 2 types of status: 'Current' and 'Out of date', and by default the program is written to only alert you to the databases being out of date if the current signatures are more than 24 hours old, which is actually quite similar to other antivirus and anti-malware applications throughout the industry (something that was thoroughly investigated when working out the functionality for this component; something I was personally involved in to an extent as I was an employee of Malwarebytes while version 3 was initially under development prior to its release). That said, I too lean on the side of preferring it show something like the current database version and offer a 'Check for updates' button or similar, however I believe they wanted to go for a cleaner/more streamlined look and feel for the Dashboard, and since the program automatically checks for database updates every time a scan is performed (whether it be a manual scan by the user or a scheduled scan launched by the program's built in scan scheduler), they didn't see much need to highlight this particular functionality, especially since the program alerts you if the signatures for protection are too old (as mentioned, after around 24 hours or so), particularly since, if the user is launching the main application window and checking for updates manually, it is most likely with the intention to perform a scan, but since launching the scan itself forces a check for database updates there isn't much need for showing anything different, at least that's the logic. The issue on your wife's computer sounds like it was being caused by some kind of corruption of the installation, most likely some issue with one or more of the configuration files used by the application. Such corruption is rare but as with any application, it can happen. Hopefully the problem won't return again, but either way, regardless of how things are worded in the UI, even if it provided more detail about the database status in the Dashboard, all that information is informed by the data in those same configuration files so if they are corrupted, it couldn't display an accurate status anyway if that is the reason for the issue with it failing to update, which it sounds like it was based on your description (which was why I suggested a clean reinstall of the program to begin with because that was my initial suspicion). Anyway, I'm glad that the program is back in proper working order now, but please let us know if you continue to see any issues with it, though it sounds like it's OK now. Thanks
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.