All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This is the issue: I've told everyone that I had use MB to always look at the System Tray for the 'M' bat icon and make sure there is nothing but the solid blue color. Because if real-time protection isn't on, it changes. I guess I never was using/recommending MB when it was free, and until recently I don't think MB did this silent reversion to Free version. So, while you can have Premium and get a warning that you don't have real-time protection, apparently you can't count on getting the warning as MB can decide to deactivate your Premium without any notice whatsoever, and the tray icon remains identical to all protections enabled. This is ridiculous.
  3. (I would add that on this machine where the software is totally gone, I have an 'instlrupdate' folder in the Malwarebytes Tree that has an mb3-setup----3.8.3... executeable sitting there, and it is impossible to delete even with administrator rights. This file has a date stamp of July 18, 2019, and I would guess that's when MB got uninstalled - probably as MB decided it should update itself (unattended?) and probably ran into some issue. This is unacceptable. But par for the course with MB.
  4. I have a machine (that is primarily unattended) that has had the same damn thing happen on more than 1 occasion. Utterly ridiculous. Completely disappeared from Desktop, System Tray, and Add/Remove Programs (Windows 7). I AM ROYALLY UPSET with this. This is totally unacceptable, and 1 of the reasons why I will not continue to recommend MB. Support is pretty worthless/useless at MB.
  5. If your machine is non-operable or the disc is not working, there is not a way to get it off the hardware. You did not mention who you purchased from. Was that on Malwarebytes site ? ( I kind of think you read some post that was very very one of a kind.)
  6. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  7. You are very welcome. I had hoped some of the earlier attempts would have yielded a good Update result. Best wishes to you.
  8. Hi Maurice Naggar, I will do as you say and reference them to this topic after following their beginning steps. I just wanted to take the moment to say thank you for everything you have done and I wish you the best yourself as well. I have not lost the faith in this amazing team here. 👍
  9. Hi @PaulO Did you originally purchase from Malwarebytes and did you by chance provide a Email on a external email provider like Gmail or Hotmail / Outlook ? If the latter, you can probably search the email archive for the Email that had the license key(s). and if you have a license thru Cleverbridge then support can likely help you to search for the license key(s). I would encourage you, if you have not already done so, to create a Help Ticket with Support. This forum can only provide you generic type help. Please go to this link https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/contactsupport/pages/home-support Provide the detail and submit the ticket. Do scroll down to the section “Create Ticket”. Please double check that you supply a valid / properly spelled & correct Email ( hopefully the same one you used at the time or original purchase). Support is the best suited to help you. Regards,
  10. Today
  11. Hi. Would you please let us know, Just which Malwarebytes program you are using; and the version number. Thank you.
  12. Thanks for the heads up @AdvancedSetup
  13. Hi. Did you see my last reply, asking for a fresh report ? I did re-open the Topic for you.
  14. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  15. Hi. That is excellent news. Thank you for letting me know. You may delete files I had you download. It is not enough to just have a security program installed. Each pc user needs to practice daily safe computer and internet use. Safer practices & malware prevention: Follow best practices when browsing the Internet, especially on opening links coming from untrusted sources. First rule of internet safety: slow down & think before you "click". Free games & free programs are like "candy". We do not accept them from "strangers". Never open attachments that come with unexpected ( out of the blue ) email no matter how enticing. Never open attachments from the email itself. Do not double click in the email. Always Save first and then scan with antivirus program. Never click links without first hovering your mouse over the link and seeing if it is going to an odd address ( one that does not fit or is odd looking or has typos). Pay close attention when installing 3rd-party programs. It is important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed. Take great care in every stage of the process and every offer screen, and make sure you know what it is you're agreeing to before you click "Next". Use a Standard user account rather than an administrator-rights account when "surfing" the web. See more info on Corrine's SecurityGarden Blog http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_7.html Dont remove your current login. Just use the new Standard-user-level one for everyday use while on the internet. Check in at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Windows Update and install any Important Updates offered. Make certain that Automatic Updates is enabled. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq Keep your system and programs up to date. Several programs release security updates on a regular basis to patch vulnerabilities. Keeping your software patched up prevents attackers from being able to exploit them to drop malware. For other added tips, read "10 easy ways to prevent malware infection" . My best to you. Maurice
  16. There is a separate section and team for Browser extension FP's. That is why it was over looked. @rakka can take care of it.
  17. The Microsoft Safety Scanner reports no malware. The Malwarebytes for Windows scan reported no malware. The services appear to be set normally. So that is good news on that. We have not found malware on this machine. We have pretty much reached the end of our quest here, and I am referring you to a forum that has experts on Microsoft Windows Updates. I highly recommend that you get further help on the failing Windows Update and on the Upgrade to Build 1903. https://www.sysnative.com/forums/ It is free to join and free to get help. They specialize in Microsoft Windows Updates. Read the pinned topic https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.4736/ Then make your help-request-post as a new one at this sub-forum https://www.sysnative.com/forums/forums/windows-update.88/ You should mention that you had a case here at Malwarebytes forum. And that we did not find an infection. If you have questions at this point, let me know. I do wish you the best. Sincerely,
  18. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  19. With dark high contrast themes of windows, in the report window that opens by clicking on "View Threats Identified" and in the "Report: Scan" window when clicking on "View Report", the threats found are little or not visible at all, depending on the color scheme used. I've attached some screenshots.
  20. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  21. System board failed but I can access the hard drive by plugging it in with the USB adapter to another computer. Is there anyway I can find product key? Thanks
  22. As the original thread has been closed I'm starting a new one. The one reply states that it's being reviewed. But no change in state has been observed and no further reply given. Memecode.com is still blocked for me when using the Firefox browser plugin. The message is "Website blocked due to reputation". As the owner of the website this is of concern to me. What "reputation" are you talking about? There is zero spyware in my software. No known security vulnerabilities in the site or the downloadable software. No known Trojans or malware (to me at least). No spam in the forums... I really have no clue what the issue is. What's the deal malwarebytes? And please don't just "look into it" and then close the topic. A real answer this time.
  23. Hey Maurice Thank you for your assistance. This seems to have now been resolved. Again, thank you. Cheers
  24. Hi Maurice Naggar, Apologies for going at too fast of a pace there! Will most definitely slow down so you can perform your duties appropriately. As far as the services mentioned above all of them except the last two (The COM one and the Shell one) are already automatical and started. The last two (the two I just mentioned) say they are automatic BUT can't be started in safe mode so not sure if that will have any effect on your troubleshooting. Both scans came back clean again. See attached logs. msert.log mbamreport3.txt
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.