All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, that's certainly an option, though I'd argue that such functionality might cross over more into the business/enterprise/AD/GP area more so than consumer (unless most software is very different on Mac compared to Windows with regards to permissions etc.). In the Windows world applications don't generally work this way if they can avoid it simply because many users will deliberately run under non-admin accounts for their own security, yet they still want full access to and control over their security applications should they need it (one of the reasons Malwarebytes on Windows uses a service oriented architecture where the UI and tray are just front-ends with limited/user-mode privileges/permissions that communicate with the drivers/core components through the service (and the service runs with highest permissions of course), with the service allowing itself to be controlled by approved processes (i.e. Malwarebytes' own executables; this way malware can't take control of the service with this access)). Of course some older security applications, especially early after the release of Vista, would either require themselves to be launched as admin to fully function, or they would throw a UAC prompt or have a button to relaunch the app as admin if the user attempted to do anything that required admin permissions (I believe Spybot version 2 actually still works this way, though I believe that has more to do with the fact that it treats each function of the program as a completely separate app/process and doesn't run a service in the background to allow full permissions/access to all functionality, at least in their free version (their paid version may be different, I'm not sure). Anyway, if what you describe is the common standard for AV/AM applications on MacOS then I won't argue against it, however if it is atypical then I might argue that it may not be the best user experience or the expected functionality by the majority of users and therefore might not be the best option.
  3. FRST_25-06-2019 15.28.20.txthello i have the same problem can anyone help? Addition_25-06-2019 15.28.20.txt
  4. I've added the logs and since Sunday I haven't run MalwareByte or AdwCleaner in my computer. I must also add that due to this virus its is not only redirecting google to cse.google but whenever I'm on a website for example this, forum.malware, and I click anywhere then I'm redirected to another ad page. Kindly see, I'm in great trouble. mbst-grab-results.zip
  5. Greetings, To get this issue resolved you will need to contact Malwarebytes Support directly. To do so, please fill out the form on the bottom of this page and they will assist you directly via email. Please let us know if there is anything else we might assist you with. Thanks
  6. Greetings, The webpage you came across was most likely nothing more than a common tech support scam from the sound of it. They use built in functions in the web browser to lock you onto that webpage, preventing you from closing it without taking more extreme measures outside the browser such as using Task Manager (or rebooting the system as you did). They don't carry any actual malware/infections, they just try to scare people into believing they are infected to convince them to call their 'support' number to attempt to extort money from them for fake PC cleanup/repair services. As for the issues with Safe Mode, this is expected as Malwarebytes' protection components do not function in Safe Mode (only the scanner does). With regards to Malwarebytes not running in normal mode, is it running now and do you see the Malwarebytes tray icon in the notification area near the system clock, and are you able to open Malwarebytes (the main UI window), and if so, does it show all protection components enabled? If not, then please do the following and hopefully it will resolve the issue: Run the Malwarebytes Support Tool Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair) Click the Clean button, and allow it to restart your system and then reinstall Malwarebytes, either by allowing the tool to do so when it offers to on restart, or by downloading and installing the latest version from here If the problems still persist then please try entering exclusions in ESET for Malwarebytes to ensure that it is not blocking it or conflicting with it. The list of items to exclude can be found in this support article; be sure to exclude Malwarebytes' executables (.exe files) from ESET's real-time protection and firewall as well, not just its scan engine. It may also help to exclude ESET from Malwarebytes. To do so, simply follow the instructions under the Exclude a File or Folder section of this support article to exclude ESET's program folder (likely under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) as well as its data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData. If the issue still isn't resolved then please try running ADWCleaner and have it scan and remove any items it detects, restarting your system if prompted to complete the removal process. If you're still seeing issues after that, then please try running Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and likewise scan with it and have it remove anything it detects and restart if prompted to do so. Once all of that is done, if you're still seeing issues with Malwarebytes then please provide a fresh set of logs so that we can take a look at the current status of the installation and system: Run the Malwarebytes Support Tool Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair) Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply Please let us know how it goes and if necessary, please provide the requested ZIP file. Thanks
  7. Excellent photos. Thanx for posting them Ron.
  8. Today
  9. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  10. Hello when i try and use my activation codes that i have had for many years they say i cant use them they are blacklisted. I have done nothing wrong so why would this be please.
  11. Thanks anyway. I'll see if I can find an old version in the Samsung store. (or maybe an old apk somewhere although I don't like that option much). I seem to recall putting MB on that phone about 6 or 9 months back with no problem, but the user uninstalled it. Guess a version change (or Google) has decided it's now too old.
  12. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  13. While browsing, a popup said that my computer had been hijacked. I immediately rebooted my computer and ran my antivirus software (ESET) which didn't find any problems. I then tried to run mbam.exe as administrator. I accepted the popup about allowing the program to make changes to my computer but afterwards the mbam UI didn't appear. I then rebooted into safe mode with networking. The mbam UI then ran successfully and didn't detect any threats. However, all protections were off and couldn't be turned on, either individually or by restore defaults. Immediately after normal rebooting (not safe mode), the Windows Task Manager showed that the mbam process was not running. However, after attempting to start mbam.exe the Task Manager showed that the mbam process was running but mbam didn't show in the applications tab. Notes - I worked with nasdaq in the community forum trying to resolve this problem but we couldn't. (See https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/248352-cant-start-mbamexe-no-user-interface/?_fromLogin=1#replyForm) I opened a support ticket 2639610 here (https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/contactsupport/pages/home-support) on 6/21 but the response from Adam was "Please continue to work with the people on the forums so we are not providing 2 different answers in 2 different tickets". (I had not previously opened another thicket so I'm unsure of the meaning of Adam's reply.) I responded to Adam but haven't had a further reply. Attached is mbst-grap-results.zip from running Malwarebytes Support Tool Version 1.4.0.615. Thanks, Don C. mbst-grab-results.zip
  14. So, you can't play with what i send you ? To try to discover a way to repair it? You should do it way better than me, you have more knowledge and more tools to zoom in it, than me. But i understand you in the same time, and i thank you for the help you give me so far. You did very good already.
  15. Some pics taken at the LA Zoo. You can click on the image for a larger image
  16. Well I'm sorry. All I can suggest then is that all installers on your D drive are infected and suggest you delete them. If there are programs you want then find there current versions online.
  17. Please post in the malware removal forum if you want assistance with malware removal.
  18. Hi there, Let me get all new logs please. Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready. STEP 01 If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button. If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it. Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button. Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply. If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply. STEP 02 Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop. Right-click on the program and select Run as Administrator to start the tool. Accept the Terms of use. Wait until the database is updated. Click Scan Now. When finished, please click Clean & Repair. Your PC should reboot now if any items were found. After reboot, a log file will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply. RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3 STEP 03 Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer. Press the Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here. Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well. Thanks Ron
  19. Thank you for the report. That is a very good result from Adwcleaner. Please go forward with point # 3 to run the special Malwarebytes for Windows ( new) scan.
  20. I realize this topic is a bit old, but around about last February, I started tinkering with my network. I had neglected it for a few years after shutting down an internet radio station I had built and run for a decade. I was relieved not to have to deal with the servers anymore and pretty much didn't use the PCs except to access the music stash. I had inherited a pretty rad gaming rig that I did set up but didn't use and I wanted to rebuild the network with updates and I was going to convert one tower into a pfsense box which i had started fiddling with on VM. I had also set up a small music server which was probably my downfall, but I'll get to that. My router started getting hammered. Some days were worse than others and the connection would drop out. My log would fill up in 20-30 minutes with pings and ddos attacks. Having been out of the PC world for a while, all my nerd friends said it was normal, but I just knew it wasn't. Fast forward a few more months to about late April, early May and I am absolutely going nuts with this. I'm basically being told I'm crazy and there's nothing wrong. I'm paranoid and I'm scaring my spouse. 😂 Who, by the way, stopped nerding about ten years before I took a break. But by this point, my admin rights have been revoked. My drivers are being replaced. I have formatted three computers each 4 times over and it's still happening, so I get into the file structure and start reading code. This is when I'm certain it's at least a bug of some kind and I'm not trippin'. But I'm totally obsessed to prove it. I was getting bent because I would try to do clean installs of windows 10, but no matter what I did, it would boot up with my previous settings, though my files were all gone. Having not been real savvy on 10, I sort of just shrugged it off until that point in time. So now I'm freaking obsessed by this point to not only prove my sanity, but I want my damn computer back. And the last few months, I had been getting a refresher crash course against my will in networking, security, windows 10, linux, the whole 9. I was going to find this thing. One night, about 3am, I cracked it open. I finally gained access to the boot sectors on all my drives and I saw this deployment all wrapped up in a windows wrapper. It's winPE/miniNT based. Skeletal on actual windows files. I figured out they depended on my windows installation to embed their garbage into. When whoever had control of this thing figured out what I was up to, they stopped trying to hide it and came in swingin'. They had been stealing my bandwidth and using my network as a server, which explains why my stuff wouldn't work. And now they were going to fight me. Then I figured out they were in the Androids, too. They were even brazen enough to download apps they needed to hop from one device to the other. A mouse toggle app was installed on my friends tablet that she left here three months prior to this discovery. It was needed to control my Amazon box that has for some reason disabled the use of a wireless mouse. This app makes it possible. So I started looking into my file structures and systems on the my phones and my mind was blown. My whole operating system had been replaced. Reading the bootloader logs, it's all there in black and white. In an attempt to help me fight this, I've had friends and family send me old pcs and hardware. I have taken the pcs off the internet, but somehow the new (to my household, virgin from my network) stuff was getting infected, too. It was making my flash media executable. %@#^#& I couldn't transfer files. Every time I plug in media, the PC "searches for driver" but it's embedding an executable script on the flash. It's the original API deployment that starts everything and it's as small as a few lines of code in the form of a certificate key. I saw that, too. So a few days ago, I formatted all my sd cards with an old camera. Low level. Then took them to the library and did it again. I loaded them with an arsenal of clean downloads and write protected them. I had also pulled the power, hard drives and ram from a couple old laptops a couple days ago. And I mean, one of them is Compaq, came with XP pro, old. The other came with vista, but is still 8-9 years newer than the Compaq. Tonight I started with the newer doorstop, popped the ram back in it, left the drive out and booted hiren 2012 live. It loaded a dirty miniXP complete with zero admin rights, false errors that the path could not be found for the file you tried to execute. So, tell me, if that's not coming from the bios, where the hell is it? I have been fighting this thing for months. Now I know its number, I just don't know where it lives. And I can show you everything. I have been documenting it from the moment I knew there was an actual human or humans on the other side of this kit. And Eddie, if you have found anything out, I'd appreciate to hear from you. Right now I'm looking into a tool to force flash the bios. Everything I had downloaded from here (my home connection) would get swapped out for something else. Sometimes it was hard not to laugh at the absurdity, but if you didn't know it was swapped and installed it, it was just one more hook in the system. Heck, I even pulled the graphics cards because 6gigs is a lot of space to raise hell on when I read the registry they install on the boot sector and the workarounds are incredible. It will even make the disk spin in the CD rom, but not actually download a single thing from it. Seeing all the records and logs they keep on me, the access to my surveillance system, the absolute control over all of our phones (with cameras, and GPS and data I cannot turn off anymore) makes my skin crawl. My NFC and Blutooth is a means of transfer, too. And the last install of windows I did, I read the legal agreement. There is a line in there about the infrared and how they are going to install it as part of the windows agreement. Which is not uninstallable. Well, nothing is now. I have no rights. It's totally absurd and I really thought I was losing it. Sometimes I still do until I turn on a PC. Paranoia and snake oil. In my bios. Or...? I'm open to suggestions.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.