All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi Folks, I have a problem that Malware Bytes can't seem to find. I've been using the same MacBook Pro (OS X Yosemite 10.10.5) for nearly 10 years, and I have had no more than 2 or 3 problems with malware and things of that nature. I use Chrome as my browser for most things, and Google is my default search engine. Over the last few weeks, when searching in Google, my browser will redirect me to Bing on occasion. So, for example, let's say that I google "how to change a tire on a car." The search results will come up in Google, and I can click on one of the results, lets say How2FixCars.com. Typically, when I do a search, a new tab doesn't open up, but what happens now (occasionally) is that a new tab will open up, taking me to How2FixCars.com; meanwhile, the old tab with the Google results will switch to Bing (with the same search terms). Once in Bing, something even more annoying happens -- if I click on a result, say TireFix.com, it doesn't take me to TireFix.com; instead, it will take me to some semi-related site, selling something like cars, car wax, or whatever. The really odd thing is that it doesn't always happen. I'd estimate that I get redirected to Bing maybe 1 in every 5-to-10 searches -- very strange. It's obviously annoying, but I am concerned that whatever is on my computer might be doing something even more sinister than redirecting my searches. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks so much. -- RCH
  3. Today
  4. Hello @distramseless: If corrective actions are taken with Malwarebytes AdwCleaner v7.3.0.0, deleted items are safely quarantined. You may wish to restore from the AdwCleaner's quarantine. Please update your topic with your results if this restoration action is undertaken. HTH
  5. MachineLearning/Anomalous.94%, C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\LOGISHRD\SP6_UNINSTALL\TOOLS\RUNBROWSER.EXE, No Action By User, [0], [392687],1.0.10346 MachineLearning/Anomalous.94%, C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\LOGISHRD\SP6_UNINSTALL\TOOLS\64\RUNBROWSER.EXE, No Action By User, [0], [392687],1.0.10346 This is from the latest Logitech software update released on 25-April-2019. Windows 10x64 Pro. MBAM Log.txt RunBrowser.zip RunBrowser64.zip
  6. Kaspersky has finished and it looks like they weren't viruses but I deleted everything related to the items just in case anyways. But, windows defender said again there was a threat detected. The second photo is of the latest one.
  7. The detections were from items that FRST removed. Has Kaspersky completed? Running it from the USB is okay but should really be ran from your Desktop if possible or at least your C drive.
  8. Please download and run the following using Admin rights TreeSize Free https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/ Then run it about once an hour to see where space is getting consumed.
  9. Also, once FRST reset the PC and I let it boot normally, FRST did not repoen or anything.
  10. I would also like to let you know that I didn't save the fixlist.txt file to my desktop but to my usb and ran it there, should I trying again but this time save fixlist.txt and FRST to the desktop?
  11. I recall Malwarebytes had the same issue a while back with an earlier Windows 10 build that was later fixed. I assume that this issue will be addressed by the time the new build goes RTM assuming MS doesn't address whatever change was made on their end if they had a hand in the issue. Hopefully the logs will provide whatever info the Devs might need to fix it if necessary. I just hope it's not something silly like Defender detecting that Malwarebytes is being installed and automatically turning it off on their end regardless of the setting in Malwarebytes/the installer.
  12. would it restore all the features and settings when I restart the computer?
  13. The problem is not solved. I had a 183 Gigabytes free last night, but that quickly dropped to 182 Gigabytes and continued to drop. I was doing nothing on the machine except watching it drop. I then shutdown the machine. Today, I turned it back on and after about an hour and a half, it is down to 175 Gigabytes free and I've done nothing on the machine. Is there anything else you can do to help me get rid of whatever is chewing up my hard drive space? If I were to leave it on for a few days, all of that free space would be gone again. Do you have anything that can check for rootkits or polymorphic or armored viruses?
  14. AdwCleaner[S01].txtAdwCleaner[C01].txt
  15. I can confirm that when MB is installed on 1903 it will turn off Defender until the never register function is ticked in MB and a few seconds Defender will come back on. I will get logs when I do one again.
  16. You can also post on the MS Office forums here if you prefer that, and hopefully someone from the Microsoft team who actually knows about what that process does will see it and respond.
  17. That is the support page for MS Office. Once you put the details in and click on the 'Get Help' button it presents you with more options. It also prompts you to sign in with your Microsoft account so they'll most likely contact you via email. They might also have a live chat option but I'm not sure.
  18. Would you like me to get logs for Kaspersky or Windows Defender? I'm not sure how to do either, sorry. Also, Kaspersky is still scanning.
  19. I'm heading home but will check back and give further advice in a couple hours if possible or later tonight. Thanks
  20. Okay, please try to get the logs if you can, if not maybe take a picture with your phone to share if need.
  21. Thank you, the antivirus you provided is still scanning finals but it says it did detect 1 object and also while running the antivirus windows defender popped up and said it detected a couple threats. Names of them are Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C, Trojan:Win32/SquareNet.Q, and Trojan:Win64/Detrahere.S
  22. Heading home, will check back on you again in a couple hours though
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.