All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  3. I added the fixlog file below, there is another folder in ‪C:\eset.temp what requires admin rights as well Fixlog.txt
  4. Run this fix and it will do it for you. Then find and upload the file from your desktop called Files1.txt Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop. NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system. Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart. The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply. Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version. fixlist.txt Ron
  5. What is CIP?The Malwarebytes research team has determined that CIP is a search hijacker. These so-called "hijackers" manipulate your browser(s), for example to change your startpage or searchscopes, so that the affected browser visits their site or one of their choice.This particular can read and change the search results of three popular search providers.How do I know if my computer is affected by CIP?You may see this entry in your list of installed Chrome extensions:and these warnings during install:How did CIP get on my computer?Browser hijackers use different methods for distributing themselves. This particular one was downloaded from the webstore:after a redirect from their website:How do I remove CIP?Our program Malwarebytes can detect and remove this potentially unwanted program. Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop. Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-{version}.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. Then click Finish. Once the program has fully updated, select Scan Now on the Dashboard. Or select the Threat Scan from the Scan menu. If another update of the definitions is available, it will be implemented before the rest of the scanning procedure. When the scan is complete, make sure that all Threats are selected, and click Remove Selected. Restart your computer when prompted to do so. Is there anything else I need to do to get rid of CIP? No, Malwarebytes removes CIP completely. How would the full version of Malwarebytes help protect me?We hope our application and this guide have helped you eradicate this hijacker.As you can see below the full version of Malwarebytes would have protected you against the CIP hijacker. It would have blocked their website, giving you a chance to stop it before it became too late. Technical details for expertsPossible signs in FRST logs: CHR Extension: (CIP) - C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec Alterations made by the installer: File system details [View: All details] (Selection) --------------------------------------------------- Adds the folder C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0 Adds the file background.js"="4/22/2019 7:34 PM, 5692 bytes, A Adds the file manifest.json"="4/25/2019 9:08 AM, 1093 bytes, A Adds the folder C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\_metadata Adds the file computed_hashes.json"="4/25/2019 9:08 AM, 404 bytes, A Adds the file verified_contents.json"="4/22/2019 7:34 PM, 1645 bytes, A Adds the folder C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\icons Adds the file icon128.png"="4/25/2019 9:08 AM, 2188 bytes, A Adds the file icon48.png"="4/25/2019 9:08 AM, 253 bytes, A Adds the folder C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec Adds the file 000003.log"="4/25/2019 9:08 AM, 35 bytes, A Adds the file CURRENT"="4/25/2019 9:08 AM, 16 bytes, A Adds the file LOCK"="4/25/2019 9:08 AM, 0 bytes, A Adds the file LOG"="4/25/2019 9:08 AM, 184 bytes, A Adds the file MANIFEST-000001"="4/25/2019 9:08 AM, 41 bytes, A Registry details [View: All details] (Selection) ------------------------------------------------ [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Chrome\PreferenceMACs\Default\extensions.settings] "ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec"="REG_SZ", "42364B7DBA2C65A4B87E3262BD31A83A24B4FBC21EBBDBFF0379467A3659A813" Malwarebytes log: Malwarebytes www.malwarebytes.com -Log Details- Scan Date: 4/25/19 Scan Time: 9:17 AM Log File: 3a2b4d76-672a-11e9-a61d-00ffdcc6fdfc.json -Software Information- Version: 3.7.1.2839 Components Version: 1.0.563 Update Package Version: 1.0.10324 License: Premium -System Information- OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 CPU: x64 File System: NTFS User: {computername}\{username} -Scan Summary- Scan Type: Threat Scan Scan Initiated By: Manual Result: Completed Objects Scanned: 236572 Threats Detected: 20 Threats Quarantined: 20 Time Elapsed: 5 min, 30 sec -Scan Options- Memory: Enabled Startup: Enabled Filesystem: Enabled Archives: Enabled Rootkits: Enabled Heuristics: Enabled PUP: Detect PUM: Detect -Scan Details- Process: 0 (No malicious items detected) Module: 0 (No malicious items detected) Registry Key: 0 (No malicious items detected) Registry Value: 1 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, HKCU\SOFTWARE\GOOGLE\CHROME\PREFERENCEMACS\Default\extensions.settings|ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 Registry Data: 0 (No malicious items detected) Data Stream: 0 (No malicious items detected) Folder: 5 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\_metadata, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\icons, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\USERS\{username}\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Sync Extension Settings\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\USERS\{username}\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\EXTENSIONS\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 File: 14 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\icons\icon128.png, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\icons\icon48.png, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\_metadata\computed_hashes.json, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\_metadata\verified_contents.json, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\background.js, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\2.9_0\manifest.json, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\000003.log, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\CURRENT, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\LOCK, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\LOG, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\LOG.old, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings\ffpmjgjkflkhffekbjbmiaidgmafogec\MANIFEST-000001, Quarantined, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\USERS\{username}\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Secure Preferences, Replaced, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 PUP.Optional.SearchDimension, C:\USERS\{username}\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Preferences, Replaced, [2562], [674580],1.0.10324 Physical Sector: 0 (No malicious items detected) WMI: 0 (No malicious items detected) (end) As mentioned before the full version of Malwarebytes could have protected your computer against this threat.We use different ways of protecting your computer(s): Dynamically Blocks Malware Sites & Servers Malware Execution Prevention Save yourself the hassle and get protected.
  6. Sorry, how do you want me to make the text file for you? Do you just want me to make a list like this? "‪C:\Program Files\ESET" and so on with the no admin rights folders?
  7. Can you create a text file for me of them and post back. If not, let me know and I'll write you a script. From an elevated admin command prompt you can copy/paste or type in and run. DIR "C:\Program Files" /AD >>"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Files1.txt" DIR "C:\Program Files (x86)" /AD >>"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Files1.txt" DIR "C:\ProgramData" /AD >>"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Files1.txt" Then post back the file from your desktop Files1.txt
  8. I didnt notice that it could install ads and malwares on my PC if I dont install something. But yes you are right, I will enable the maximum security with NoScript, HTTPS, ublock, privacy badger and all stuff on Firefox. I already know that Google Chrome isnt the best web browser for privacy and safety. Thanks for the help, problem is fixed !
  9. For details: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250325185
  10. Great, looks good. Unless there is something else we should be done here. Let's get real. If you're not backing up your data and you're still using Google Chrome then you're just not serious about Privacy, Safety, and protecting your data. Malwarebytes is a fantastic program but you still need to back up your data and you still need to block scripts and Ads in your browser. If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though) Help Secure your browsers Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system FireFox, Chrome, Opera , Safari, Microsoft Edge AdBlock for Internet Explorer How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018 This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings Follow-up Reading Everything you need to know about cybercrime 10 easy ways to prevent malware infection Keep your data backed up Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help. Ron
  11. Greetings, Malwarebytes does offer some level of intrusion detection in their Endpoint Protection and Response business product, however it is for businesses only, not consumers. It includes breach remediation capabilities including their proprietary Forensic Timeliner application. You can learn more about it here and you can compare their offerings here as well as here, and if you're still not sure which solution would best suit your needs you may contact Sales here and they can discuss your environment and needs and determine which offering(s) might best fit your environment and what you're trying to accomplish. With all of that said, Malwarebytes does not offer any kind of HIPS solution if that's what you're looking for, though they do include extensive targeted behavior based detection and protection technologies in their products for specific attack vectors (like exploits and ransomware), and for consumers at least, Malwarebytes did recently acquire Binisoft including their Windows Firewall Control application. I do not know if they have any plans to offer the firewall to their business customers/as a part of their business solutions or not, but as far as I know it's mainly for consumers/individual endpoints at this time. I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks
  12. Never heard of it, neither has Google and it doesn't seem to be a web site. Please show us a screenshot of what you are seeing in Firefox.
  13. @AdvancedSetup All steps are done, here is the log file Fixlog.txt
  14. I see you have replied "Yes" in the appropriate place, now all you can do is wait. Testing is oversubscribed at the moment, so you will need to wait in line for others to drop out.
  15. What is MaxBuilder? Can't seem to find it with Google and it's not a web site. Please describe in great deal how and where you are seeing this and if a screenshot would help, please provide.
  16. Are those fake folders still there? @robertzon
  17. You have a few minor things. Please run the following fix to clean them up. Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop. NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system. Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart. The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply. Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version. fixlist.txt Thanks Ron
  18. Today
  19. Obviously it's a component of Microsoft Office so I wouldn't recommend attempting to modify or delete it, however if it is causing performance issues on your PC I'd recommend contacting Microsoft about it and hopefully it's an issue they are familiar with and can assist you. I doubt anyone could say with confidence one way or the other what deleting that file might do and how it would affect the functionality of Microsoft Office if you were to do so. You've created 3 threads on 3 separate sites that I've been able to find so far and you're going to get the same kinds of responses from each obviously because only Microsoft knows what those files are and exactly what purpose they serve. You could check your scheduled tasks and see if there's an entry for it as it may be some kind of maintenance process that runs from time to time, but otherwise you'll likely need to contact Microsoft Support to get any real answers on what it does and what you might do to fix the problem you're experiencing with it. If you aren't willing to do that then I don't know what to tell you; you could try deleting it but it's very likely that doing so would break Office and you'd just end up having to reinstall it anyway and it's also possible that it would restore itself automatically when Office detects that it is missing the next time you run any MS Office application. MS Office isn't open-source software so there is no way for anyone outside of Microsoft's own developers to know what each file is and what function it serves, but I would speculate based on your description that it is some kind of maintenance component like a performance optimizing tool for MS Office files or a telemetry utility to report back to Microsoft or some kind of sync component related to MS Office's online/cloud functionality, but again, there is no way of verifying any of that so it's just speculation. https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/what-is-osfinstaller-exe-causes-high-cpu-load-ok-to-uninstall-it.2564329/ https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/what-is-osfinstaller-exe-causes-high-cpu-load.415948/ If you want help from someone that might actually know what that file is for then the people you need to talk to can be contacted here. Unfortunately there just isn't enough information online about that file for anyone else to be able to help and Microsoft isn't exactly forthcoming with documentation about it since nothing comes up from their knowledgebase when searching for those files. That tells me that it must be for some undocumented purpose which points me to either telemetry (i.e. harvesting usage data from users) or maintenance (some automated background task with no user-facing options/controls), but again, that's just pure speculation on my part.
  20. I would like access to the Malwarebytes iOS beta.
  21. I definitely hear where you're coming from with regards to older games. That said, if you haven't already, I'd highly recommend checking out gog.com as they have a lot of older games which have been made compatible with modern operating systems which makes it a lot easier to get them up and running (including without needing the original CDs as are often required with many older games for their DRM) on newer Windows versions. Obviously that's not the only reason to continue using an older version of Windows, but I just thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware as it can be most useful and convenient when seeking to run older games on newer hardware/operating systems (plus it's all DRM-free and you can backup your games locally, so even if GOG ever goes out of business you'll still have all your games as long as you've backed them up; something services like Steam can't promise should their servers ever be taken down).
  22. Greetings, You should be able to manage your license using the new My Account feature by creating an account at My.Malwarebytes.com. You'll find instructions on how to do so in this support article and additional info on how to manage your license can be found in this support article as well as this support article (I recommend trying the Deactivate all function as that usually does the job for freeing up a lifetime license from a previous system/installation) and if necessary, you may contact Malwarebytes Support and they can deactivate the old installation for you as they did before. To do so simply fill out the form on the bottom of this page and they will assist you. I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks
  23. After doing steps 0 and 1, the threat has completely disappeared so I think we can close the problem here. Unless there's something else to add. Addition.txt FRST.txt AdwCleaner[S06].txt Threat Scan.txt
  24. macOS How to remove MaxBuilder?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.