All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Once you have completed the items above please go ahead and run the following updated fix file Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from. NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. Please make sure you disable any real time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed make sure you re-enable it. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone. Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart. The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply. Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version. NOTE-1: This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more. NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords. The following directories are emptied: Windows Temp Users Temp folders Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History Recently opened files cache Flash Player cache Java cache Steam HTML cache Explorer thumbnail and icon cache BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files) Recycle Bin Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix. The system will be rebooted after the fix has run. fixlist.txt Thanks
  3. Thank you for the logs. For now, let me have you temporarily uninstall the following software. Once we're done you can decide if you want to reinstall it or not. Please go to Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall µTorrent Avast Free Antivirus Sophos SSL VPN Client 2.1 Your computer platform is listed as: Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (X64) Language: English (United States) You have the following Russian software version installed. May I ask why you're using Russian and not English? Языковой пакет для поддержки размещения набора средств Microsoft Visual Studio Tools для работы с приложениями 2012 That translates to: Language Pack to Support Hosting of the Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Working with Applications 2012 Языковой пакет для поддержки размещения набора средств Microsoft Visual Studio Tools для работы с приложениями 2012 That translates to: Language Pack to Support Hosting of the Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Working with Applications 2012 Please temporarily set up Google Public DNS as your DNS servers https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
  4. No, if you have a VALID Windows 8 license you can format the drive and install Windows 10 from scratch and it will use your Windows 8 license and activate without an issue. If you're using a license that has been found on the Internet or one that you shared with others to the point Microsoft has black listed then those would be an issue. Microsoft does not officially offer the free Windows 10 upgrade anymore, however in many many posts on the Web and on systems I've built as well the upgrade does still work as it did years ago when it was offered. Right, wrong, or otherwise Microsoft does not appear to have put anything in place to prevent it at this time.
  5. Please run the requested fix from above @rafikiphoto and post back the fixlog.txt file when ready Thanks
  6. I would highly suggest to anyone that you do not try adding Firefox or Chrome to your Allow list as this will greatly reduce the security of your system. I'm not sure why but only your system and one other that I'm aware of are experiencing this issue. Please work with @LiquidTension for help in resolving the issue in a safe manner. Thank you
  7. The site has been blocked due to a recently added Trojan check. I have asked our Web Team to double-check Thank you
  8. We don't disagree but if you have dozens of support tickets per month come in with user complaints about it not working, at some point you have to do something. It appears the choice was to remove the feature. Again, you simply make a call to wake the computer. It is no longer up to your software if the computer wakes or not. It is up to Windows to wake the computer and once it does wake up then return success to the program so that it can continue. We unfortunately had a lot of user computers where Windows did not wake the computer. Minicomputers and mainframes never slept. They remained fully running 24/7/365 and even rarely rebooted. We had one years that had been up for over 7 years without a reboot. But they're also not interactive and run dedicated processes. Trying to compare sleep to a scheduled batch routine is different technology. The request to review or add a wake scan has been made. We'll have to simply wait and see if they add the feature or not. I would also like to add that yes, on slower or older hardware a scan can produce a noticeable delay but on newer systems I rarely even notice if the scan is running and it completes in about 60 seconds. Thank you again
  9. Yep TommyR. Hubby says he'll buy me a new phone. I don't like the hassle of changing phones but this is crazy. Question: if I put this sim card in a different phone will it carry the Trojan over or do I have to change my number?
  10. Today
  11. Today for the first time I saw MSAScuiL.exe on my startup, and when I went to right click it "open file location" was greyed out. In the registry editor it marks that it should be in "% ProgramFiles% \ Windows Defender \ MSASCuiL.exe", but I can't find the file in this folder. Also, MSAScuiL.exe appeared on my startup, then disappeared and now reappeared. And when i open Malwarebytes, it disappears. I scanned with MWB and SuperAntiSpyware and they couldn't find anything.
  12. Porthos

Java

Please add an exclusion for javaw.exe https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479234-Add-to-the-Allow-List-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4 Also restart your computer.
  13. Phlarx

Java

This just occurred for me today. This is on a new system (less than 2 weeks old). mbst-grab-results.zip
  14. Unfortuanly i just keep getting the empty text file from Microsoft safety scanner, from FRST i download it again and give me the lof file here it is. i think im gonna do the same thing for the scanner tool, sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Fixlog.txt
  15. Yesterday
  16. No, no blocks etc I just click the photos but they don't load always. Went to talk masker and it said appframehost.exe not responding. I never manually updated the store apps have done it now. Will see tomorrow as it's late. ty
  17. Just to add, Did you manually update your store apps after the install on Windows?
  18. Thanks for the help. This is all on a brand new install of windows 10, I actually reinstalled windows because of the issue of appframehost not responding and then started to disable certain programs and found malewarebytes affected the situation. I have used the clean up option from the support tool, restarted the pc, installed malewarebytes again but is had not helped the situation.
  19. Good luck, I have that issue with my website, But Malwarebytes actually does its own research when reported.
  20. Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool Please have lots of patience with the tool. The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart. After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up. Please be patient and have faith. Wait for it, whatever it takes. The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install. Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.
  21. Hi I turned off fast start up etc No difference, as soon as I enabled malewarebytes and clicked on the first photo is just doesn't load the picture.
  22. I have no knowledge of how difficult it is to wake Windows 10 from sleep reliably. All I know is that other software that runs on my Windows 10 PC manages to do that very well. Examples are the inbuilt disk defragmenter and the backup software called Macrium Reflect. When I open the Windows 10 task scheduler I see numerous programs listed that are scheduled to run overnight when the computer is asleep and they manage to do that without issue. It just seems very sensible to be able to schedule routine non-interactive tasks to run out-of-hours so that the logged on user(s) are not impacted during the day. Minicomputers and mainframes in the 1970s used to have "batch queues" (and still do) for running non-interactive jobs at scheduled times.
  23. We need to get information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward. NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file Double-click mb-support xxx.xx.exe to run the report You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!" Do NOT use the button “Start repair” ! Click the Advanced tab on the left column Click the Gather Logs button A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.
  24. Thank you for the response @nasdaq, I ended up running your initial fixlist.txt file.I will attach the log file down below. Although it did prevent Haste from running I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. I've tried to "debloat" Windows 10 so it would run more efficiently. It was basic and nothing entirely extreme. It consisted of removing all the Asus and preinstalled clutter that normally comes along with a fresh Windows 10 install, but I'm sure I've missed stuff. Is there anything you personally would recommend adding to the fixlist.txt file that would help? I will wait for your response before I jump ahead and do anything else. If you want me to run a new FRST scan and attach the log file then I can do so, since the log file I have attached below doesn't contain the information regarding the Synapse 3 instructions you provided above or the re-installation of Haste. Fixlog_07-08-2020 18.02.46.txt Thank you for the help.
  25. I suggest turning off fast startup in Windows. Then restart. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html The restart after the above will correct the following. Then test again. If the above does not correct it we have more to do.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.