All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Please avoid such shady sites. The site that supposedly indicates what the DLL is, is not about the information. It about pushing crapware. It is using the name of the DLL as its ploy to goad one into the crapware installation. https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/b1d4caaf30643bd13f61b790c8a51003d996ee82171d2ee649b7accf7cdd31f0/detection
  3. Hehe, yep, I suspect you're right about that second page; the tool they recommend for 'fixing' the associated error is itself detected by Malwarebytes as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program).
  4. Fair enough. I'm not really too good with viruses and stuff. Some further information, i found that in a shady pirated game when trying to install it.(this specifically https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/8835063/Splinter.Cell.Blacklist-RELOADED. This equally shady website says what it does: https://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/ubisoft/uplay/uplay-r1-dll/
  5. I really like fileAssassin, it helps get rid of tenacious files and did once help me remove a virus that all other tools couldn't (Malwarebytes included for some reason), but the folder option would be helpful for those times you need to rid yourself of temp files and bloatware that otherwise would sit there and eat space on your drive. Thank you!
  6. Attached are the requested logs. they were also added to the previously mentioned ticket that was submitted [2695584]. mbst-grab-results.zip
  7. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  8. Recently I was alerted that my Lifetime license, which was purchased from Amazon Digital Services, Inc., is Blacklisted. support ticket: 2695584
  9. it would appear that you have spyware as circumstantial with the report. Mail.ru is a trojan virus that may come from unwarranted sources. either you have downloaded content from unprotected sites or a mistake by chance. Of course this is only circumstantial evidence so you would have to check it for your self to confirm this the address below directs you to a file named "Web Data.file" C:\USERS\RED\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Web Data right click the file and open it with any text software of your choice (preferably notepad++ or just notepad) if your personal information starts to show up or any information that resembles that of which is in need of privacy is in within the text on the screen such as email addresses, usernames, search queries, sites at the time of the logins, etc. (your passwords should never be stored as plain text in any way. if any chunk of your password or any authorization key is present in the text even if it's just half of the whole password) [if serious data may appear such as credit card inputs then you may have to take further actions (hopefully not)] The data may appear to be written chronologically and if it is, then it most probably is a spyware. Adware.Elex.ShrtCln <---- if this appears on your scanned threats list and has the same address then you may have some adware as well tracking your online behavior. ** Delete the file " Web Data.file " from this location " C:\USERS\RED\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Web Data " ** This will probably stop the adware. if that doesnt work then reset your google sync as this maybe preserving the virus on to your account. https://chrome.google.com/sync?hl=en-US if still wont work then you may have to try and reinstall google chrome entirely. if problems presist be cautious of second malware mail.ru is also known for trojans so if any Trojan.DNSChanger entities are present in the threats list. To verify if the trojans are working correctly try downloading any harmless extentions to chrome or visit any well know anti-virus websites. if your actions are denied by some form of cancellation or "ip not found" then the trojans have control over your dns settings. Go to the start menu and type notepad or any text software you have and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER Press CTRL+O go to the address below c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts select the file "hosts.file" and open it on notepad delete all entries related to google.com e.g. 127.0.0.1 clients2.google.com Save and exit. If none of them work please update me Any form of update would be very much appreciated. good day!
  10. I haven't had any success with 4.01. Tried an install over and it seemed to work perfectly. But after finishing when I opened the GUI it still showed 4.00. So I did a complete uninstall waited a day to be sure the system was good, and tried installing 4.01. Went fine, but I could never get the malware protection to turn on. Uninstalled and will wait to the next version
  11. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  12. Hey Guys, I have this small Issue, I recently reinstalled my laptop but I forgot to deactivate my Malwarebytes Premium license before going true that process. Now I cant use my license to reactivate My Malwarebytes Premium. I cant deactivate in my account(my.malwarebytes) also because I also skipped that step.
  13. An application I am making is detected as an anomalous application by the machine learning. Knowing my application is unlikely to spread much but still wanting the users to be able to use it without any worries, I would like you to add it to your database of known good apps. I might do a lot of iterations over the next few months, but the program will still basically be the same, it will only be classical additions for a small launcher like this one. I'll join the .exe file for you to scan it. launcher.zip
  14. Did you run the FRST fix before running FRST scan...?
  15. Still false positive on 2019-08.25.
  16. Thank you, I think it was that program all the time but I couldn't find it until today. (I deleted it)
  17. I don't have access to files on VT anymore so can't examine it and so I have no clue what it does.
  18. Hello @siliconman01 As far as I know there is no such plans to make the integration. I have reached out to the product team and will have an official answer for you soon. Thank you for testing the Beta.
  19. Hello @RTL434 Can you please follow the forum post below and send us the FP file report: In the mean time I will try to reproduce the issue on our end. Thank you.
  20. I found no profile. Went to Safari Preferences and General Tab. Put "Top Favorites" in the New Open Window box and in the New Tabs Open With Box. Inbox Helper came up both time. I did not know what to put in the Homepage box and left it blank. Guess it chose the current page which it read as Inbox Helper which is what came up with opening window and new tabs window. Changed the Homepage to Google.com and changed the Opening Window to Homepage but left the New Tabs Window box Top Favorites. The Google opening window worked but when I clicked on a new tabs window the Inbox Helper came on. Changed the New Tabs Window to box to Homepage and the Google homepage came up. I would like to make the opening window and the new window by Bookmarks. Can I make Bookmarks my Homepage? If so, how so? Would love to scrub that Inbox Helper from my system.
  21. Hello @John A, @Porthos and @John L. Galt Thank you for reporting this issue. We were able to reproduce this internally and have raised a defect. This should be addressed soon.
  22. Hello @DowntownBrooklyn Thank you for the file. We are aware of the issue you are mentioning where during uninstall the UI shows as installed. That will be fixed in the next Beta build.
  23. Does anybody know what it actually does/how it works? I'm curious just because I still suspect that one of Malwarebytes' other components might actually detect this threat when it is actively attempting to infect a system (we'd likely need a dropper for it rather than just a DLL, as malware seldom shows up as just a single DLL file and usually starts with some kind of script/exploit or executable file to install/initiate).
  24. Besides being known to Virus Total since 2013, and thus too old for Malwarebytes signature creation, it is a trojan and not a virus.
  25. Some additional remarks. A custom scan on C & D drives is expected to take a long time. You can trim down some run time by un-ticking scan for rootkits ( the rootkit check selection will add more time), As long as the compressed files are relatively the same across time, and if you have a very large amount saved, un-ticking scan within archives will also cut down the total time to scan.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.