All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hi, I checked my settings and 'search while typing' text box is disabled for Firefox but this problems is occurring in all the browsers I have (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox). As soon as I open a browser this find bar opens up and does not close by even pressing the 'Esc' regularly. Occasionally, when I have kept the 'Esc' key pressed does it let me type. Also, it does not allow me to scroll on web pages sometimes. This problem is most prevalent on Google Chrome but it occurs occasionally on other browsers.
  3. Today
  4. Yes, it deletes cookies which for many people is the actual logon mechanism. It does not actually remove passwords that were saved within the actual browser. Again, something odd as the log did not fully complete this time either, but much closer. Let me have you run the following please and I'll check back on you again sometime tomorrow Let me have you run a different scanner to double-check. I don't expect it to find anything, but no harm in checking. I would suggest a free scan with the ESET Online Scanner Go to https://download.eset.com/com/eset/tools
  5. Actually nothing really seriously wrong in the logs. I'd recommend you download the following program and check for software updates on your system Patch My PC Home Updater https://patchmypc.com/home-updater Then review the following topics about Backing Up your data Backup Software https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/136226-backup-software Macrium Reflect discussion Then there are tips on keeping it clean and better protected If there is anything else I can do to assist you please let me know and thank you for us
  6. Okay, let's try another quick disk check Open an elevated admin command prompt and type in the following CHKDSK C: /F It will say it cannot lock the drive and ask if you want to run it after a reboot. Press the Y key and then the Enter key. Then reboot to run the check.
  7. running the seagate SeaTolls For Windows. Is there any specific test you'd like me to do?
  8. It did delete all my browsing history and cookies, but my stored passwords remained. Fixlog.txt
  9. Here are the FRST.txt and Addition.txt files generated after the In-Place Upgrade for windows 10 was done. Addition.txt FRST.txt
  10. Yeah, we need to get this fixed first. If you can't create a System Restore point then we've got issues and will have to find a way to fix.
  11. please find attached 1. Acronis logs 2. FSRT logs AcronisVSSDoctorReport_2020-10-01-03-25-27.txt AcronisVSSDoctorReport_2020-10-01-03-29-30.txt Addition.txt FRST.txt
  12. 2nd laptop isnt too old I dont remember, it came with windows 8 the year windows 10 just came out I think. Ran Acronis VSS Doctor (didnt fix will send log next) Ran Macrium (it ran and then just disappeared, restarted computer, ran FSRT and will send logs on next post) Downloaded SeaTools for Windows will run it next thank you
  13. Research says the blocks have been removed and will show up on the next update. By tomorrow the database and our Browser Guard should stop blocking the site Thank you @salvadoraguilar
  14. Hello, Sorry for the delay, the block will be removed in the next database update. Thanks for your help
  15. How old is this second laptop? Please download the Seagate Tools and run some diagnostics on the drive. The log shows that it was unable to run some repair routines. https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/
  16. Not really sure at this point what has happened. We should still check it out and see. Once it is cleaned then having good, solid back ups of your system is essential. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. Press the Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your
  17. unfortunately still unable to create a restore point. Same " Access denied (0x80070005)" Controlled Folder Access was OFF C:\Windows\Logs\CBS logs attached. Will download the programs recommended and get back. Thanks again CBS.log CbsPersist_20200930081605.log
  18. You do not need to uninstall any antivirus. For Malwarebytes if you're using the Premium version just right click over the Task Tray icon and exit out of the program. For you antivirus it probably has a setting to temporarily disable real-time protection. I'll check back on you in the morning then. Thank you @Nilfid
  19. You can also try the following. Make sure you're logged in with Admin rights as well Please download and run the following Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS), Diagnostic Tool, from Acronis Acronis VSS Doctor Free tool for diagnosing and repairing Volume Shadow Copy Service issues. Download link on the bottom of the page. Download - Acronis VSS Doctor In many cases, it can correct the issues on its own. If not, then it will give details on what may be causing the issues. Please save the report in text format and post back that log on your next reply. You can al
  20. Hmmm... That's not good. See if you can open Windows Defender and see if Controlled Folder Access is on or not. If it is try turning it off
  21. Thank you @AdvancedSetup I am already in contact with Comodo Valkyrie team to have this reviewed as well Thanks for your help on this!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.