All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello @Mizzikiel and Malwarebytes should remove this but you can run the other scans and we can check if there are any other issues if you like. Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready. STEP 01 If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button. If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it. Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button. Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply. If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply. STEP 02 Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop. Right-click on the program and select Run as Administrator to start the tool. Accept the Terms of use. Wait until the database is updated. Click Scan Now. When finished, please click Clean & Repair. Your PC should reboot now if any items were found. After reboot, a log file will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply. RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3 STEP 03 Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer. Press the Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here. Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well. Thanks Ron
  3. The reports do not have personal information. That said, you can attach the zip file into a personal message ( P M ) to me.
  4. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  5. As this issue is now resolved I will go ahead and close this topic. Here is some information to help you keep the computer clean going forward Let's get real. If you're not backing up your data and you're still using Google Chrome then you're just not serious about Privacy, Safety, and protecting your data. Malwarebytes is a fantastic program but you still need to back up your data and you still need to block scripts and Ads in your browser. If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though) Help Secure your browsers Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system FireFox, Chrome, Opera , Safari, Microsoft Edge AdBlock for Internet Explorer How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018 This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings Browser push notifications: a feature asking to be abused HTTPS Everywhere NOTHING TO HIDE documentary Review your email and Office choices Quit Gmail for free encrypted email - Tutanota Why ProtonMail Is More Secure Than Gmail LibreOffice - Free and open source office suite Use Password Management software Bitwarden KeePass Password Safe Encrypted Instant Messenger and Voice Calls Riot Signal Wickr Me Follow-up Reading Everything you need to know about cybercrime 10 easy ways to prevent malware infection Keep your data backed up Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes as your preferred security protection software and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help. Ron
  6. Hi Maurice, Thanks for the reply. I've very new to the process, but is there a way to upload the files directly to you rather than to the open forum?
  7. Thanks for the FRST. NOTE, I really wanted the Support tool run. I need to see all the old setup logs for the Malwarebytes installs. Please see post # 2 and run that tool. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.
  8. Thank you for the mbar log & the support zip file. Just by the way....there is no need to click on the "Quote" button. You and I are the only participants on this case. and I automatically get all replies to this case. Next time, just simply type in the white reply box. Do what you need & then just click on the "Submit Reply" button at the bottom. The MBAR run was especially beneficial. It found and removed 2 trojan files. Note they were in the user TEMP area C:\Users\MAQUINA\AppData\Local\Temp\9e1f47eb.exe (Trojan.Agent.Powershell) -> Delete on reboot. C:\Users\MAQUINA\AppData\Local\Temp\systeminfo.exe (Trojan.Agent.AutoIt) -> Delete on reboot. Thanks to the other reports, I found 3 questionable "tasks" in this Windows that invoked powershell & make some claim of being "update runs". These will be removed on this next fix run below. There is a a few more checks that I would like you to do later on. So do not go away & try not to do anything major on this machine. I am listing below 2 tasks. Please do both. Just go down the list and do both. [ 1 ] This is for r0mb0 only. Please Close and save any open work files before you start this next step. It may involve a Windows Restart at the end of it. I am sending a custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRSTENGLISH tool. They will both work together as a pair. Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE AS and save it directly ( as is) to the Downloads folder The tool named FRSTENGLISH.exe is already on the Downloads folder. Start the Windows Explorer and then, open the Downloads folder. Double click FRSTENGLISH to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version. Click the Fix button just once, and wait. PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. Some machines take longer than others. If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally. The tool will complete its run after restart. When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Kindly attach the Fixlog.txt with your next reply [ 2 ] Let's have you run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool ( MS MSRT ). This tool is a limited one. It targets some specific "common" malicious threats. It is a tool run typically once a month when your Windows does a Windows Update check. I would just like a one time on demand run. Point your browser to this MS website link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/malicious-software-removal-tool-details.aspx Look to see it matches your language & your version of Windows in terms of 64-bit or 32-bit Download and save the tool. Then go to the folder where saved ( should be the Downloads folder). Double click the tool and allow it to Run. It should not take more than 12 - 15 minutes. [ 3 ] I am going ahead and also adding this run. This one should be run on its own. Meaning, clear the number of running open applications. Close and save any work you are doing on your programs. This run may take over an hour or two, depending on how many files and executable programs are on this machine. The aim here is to scan the whole C drive of this machine. I would like to insure no other malware is laying about. Open Malwarebytes Click the Settings menu followed by the Protection tab. Scroll down to Scan Options and turn the Scan for rootkits setting on. Next, click the icon button at left marked SCAN Then, from the 3 panel choices, click on the middle one marked CUSTOM ( IF you see a summary white screen with a green check, click on the Close X spot on the right side so you get to that out of the way & then click Scan button on the left & then Custom scan on the middle selected .) Then click on Configure Scan button be sure the Scan for rootkit on left is ticked Be sure to click on the box marked C on the right. You want to scan the whole C drive. Then click Scan Now button. Then see what the result is. After it completes, kindly provide a copy of that Scan run log-report. also, Do let me know about the "Powershell" / Task Manager situation at that point. Sincerely, Maurice Fixlist.txt
  9. Greetings Ron, I already reset Google Chrome sync and created a new restore point. Bit I can still see the CPU temp spiking during start up.
  10. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  11. Hi everyone my first post here - although I have used Malwarebytes for many years (3 out of four of my PC's/laptops have malwarebytes in use with no problems) On the remaining machine, I can download MB - go to install - confirm, and following confirmation of 'English' up comes the installation progress windows. The progress scale shows no sign of movement/activity and after a very short while up comes the message installation completed - restart your computer. This I do, BUT, there is no evidence of any malwarebytes folder or any file details anywhere on my PC. Your help and suggestions would be appreciated, I do miss this program Thanks in advance Polonut
  12. Today
  13. Great, log looks good. Unless there is something else I will go ahead and close your topic soon. I'll go ahead and leave you with some information to help keep your computer clean going forward. Let's get real. If you're not backing up your data and you're still using Google Chrome then you're just not serious about Privacy, Safety, and protecting your data. Malwarebytes is a fantastic program but you still need to back up your data and you still need to block scripts and Ads in your browser. If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though) Help Secure your browsers Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system FireFox, Chrome, Opera , Safari, Microsoft Edge AdBlock for Internet Explorer How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018 This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings Browser push notifications: a feature asking to be abused HTTPS Everywhere NOTHING TO HIDE documentary Review your email and Office choices Quit Gmail for free encrypted email - Tutanota Why ProtonMail Is More Secure Than Gmail LibreOffice - Free and open source office suite Use Password Management software Bitwarden KeePass Password Safe Encrypted Instant Messenger and Voice Calls Riot Signal Wickr Me Follow-up Reading Everything you need to know about cybercrime 10 easy ways to prevent malware infection Keep your data backed up Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes as your preferred security protection software and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help. Ron
  14. Thanks for your assistance Maurice. I was in the process of running the FRSFRST.txt T app. Attached is the output. Addition.txt
  15. Hello, Can you please post your protection log. Thanks.
  16. Hi. So, I've been noticing that when I open Task Manager, my CPU is about 75% and in a matter of seconds it drops down to 20, 10%. Tried also using Process Hacker 2 but everything seems fine. This seems a little bit weird since nothing of this has passed on my past experiences using this computer. I've ran Malwarebytes with rootkit scans and within files options enabled and found some PUP's that I proceeded to remove along with an ADWCleaner scan that also found some PUP's that I also removed. I also used Bitdefender but seems that it won't detect nothing and that my PC is fine. I would like some assistance on this problem as I'm kinda new to this. Help is appreciated (by the way, sorry if I've made mistakes, English is not my native lenguage.)
  17. Hi Ron, I think it's fixed. Thank you so much. Log file is attached. Fixlog.txt
  18. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  19. Hi, I am the webmaster for westviewgold.org, a high school band website. It's been reported that MalwareBytes is flagging some of our pages for donations and payments as phishing sites. Can you please take a look at this? Thanks, Tay
  20. Hello @DavidWe Is this a business client update or is this a consumer installation?
  21. Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  22. Hi, @chickishaw My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case. We need to get information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward. NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file Double-click mb-support-1.4.0.615.exe to run the report You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!" Do NOT use the button “Start repair” ! Click the Advanced tab on the left column Click the Gather Logs button A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply. Thank you.
  23. Glad we could help. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks
  24. Hi maurice, thank you for your assistance, the anti-rootkit program deleted 2 trojans, but powershell.exe is still up on my task manager. Here are the logs you asked for. mbar-log-2019-07-17 (15-12-47).txt mbst-grab-results.zip
  25. Okay, no problem. Just ignore it. VSS looks to be working now. If you have not already done so please create a NEW System Restore Point. Reset Google Chrome if you've not already done so. Then restart the computer and let me know how it's running now.
  26. A stickied and closed post states, "Detections by our anomaly detection engine are identified as 'anomalous' files, not as 'malware'." Not true. Malwarebytes free 3.5.1 just did a scan of my PC and identified two files as Threat Type Malware: LinkBook 32-bit ODBC Driver.zip is part of LinkBook ODBC Driver for QuickBooks, which I downloaded last April (https://www.hcit.co.uk/LinkBook/) while searching for tools to interface with a long-obsolete version of QuickBooks that I still use. It turned out not to be compatible with Windows 7 (it's from the XP era), but as far as I know, it's not malware. Neither MS nor Avast flags either of these two files when I single them out for scanning. MalwareBytesFalsePositive2019-07-17.zip LinkBook 32-bit ODBC driver.zip
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.