All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. does not exist then, at the moment, the possibility of being infected by documents of various types (Office, pdf or other)? (Obviously I would never go to open .pkg or .dmg or .app, except that such files may exist but disguised, an eventuality that would lead to an unconscious action). Thanks again
  3. Could you please unquarantine the file ace.dll and upload a copy of it? As my colleague mentioned above this detection was fixed a couple days ago.
  4. Hi Joe. It is a great thing to hear back from you. Bravo. Thank you for the support report file. There are a number of things to remark on here. I am going to mention a few here. A few of those we will be covering later on. This Windows 10 system has the Windows System Restore off. We will need to get that back on. I also see that this pc does not seem to have installed Malwarebytes for Windows ! I do see that the pc has installed MCAFEE Virusscan ( web advisor). But it is listed as Disabled ( per Windows). It would seem Microsoft Windows Defender is ON. It is enabled = = thank goodness. . I am listing below one special custom task that will use a tool already there on your Downloads folder - - FRSTENGLISH and then I would like for you to do some special scans. [ 1 ] Keep in mins this task may well need to do a Windows Restart. SO before you begin this, please Close and Save all open work, if any. I am sending a custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRSTENGLISH tool. They will both work together as a pair. Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE AS and save it directly ( as is) in the Downloads folder The tool named FRSTENGLISH is already on the Downloads folder. Start the Windows Explorer and then, open the Downloads folder. Double click FRSTENGLISH to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version. Click the Fix button just once, and wait. PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. Some machines take longer than others. If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally. The tool will complete its run after restart. When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. [ 2 ] Please read all of these lines first so that it is all clear to you about our plan. I need a one time run of MBAR like listed here, please. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) from here this link and save it to your desktop. Doubleclick on the MBAR file and allow it to run. •Click OK on the next screen, to allow the package to extract the contents of the file to its own folder named mbar. •mbar.exe will launch automatically. On some systems, this may take a few extra seconds. Please be patient and wait for the program to open. •After reading the Introduction, click 'Next' if you agree. •On the Update Database screen, click on the 'Update' button. •Once you see 'Success: Database was successfully updated' click on 'Next', then click the Scan button. With some infections, you may see two messages boxes: 1.'Could not load protection driver'. Click 'OK'. 2.'Could not load DDA driver'. Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart. Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions. •If malware is found, press the Cleanup button when the scan completes. . Please attach the log it produces, you'll find the log in that mbar folder as MBAR-log-<date and time>***.txt . Please attach that to your next reply. Also the FIXLOG report from the previous task. And just be sure you proceed forward doing the scan with step #3 below. [ 3 ] The Microsoft Windows Defender is a powerful antivirus. Lets take some time and do a Offline scan. This needs to run alone , so you need to close all open work you have. Windows 10 has the Microsoft Windows Defender which can run the Windows Defender Offline scan. Windows Defender Offline in Windows 10 can be run directly from within Windows, without having to create bootable media. Click the Windows Start menu button on the Taskbar, select Settings icon. Then choose Update and Security. Then look on the right hand side and click on Windows Defender. Then, scroll all the way down on the scroll bar, down to where you see "Windows Defender Offline" Click on the button Scan Offline to start the process and let it scan the system. Keep in mind that the design and what is scanned by Windows Defender is a whole different design from Malwarebytes. But do let me know how this scan goes and what the result is. . Thanks for replying. Please continue to have patience & just do not give up. Sincerely, fixlist.txt
  5. I'm not sure that I understand the problem you're having. See the following guide to activating Premium on Mac, and if that doesn't help, please provide specific details about what you're having trouble with: https://links.malwarebytes.com/support/activate_mac_tree
  6. OK, ran the Malwarebytes Support Tool, and the upshot is that it installed the *free* version, rather than my licensed app. I can’t get into my registered account because of lost PW. Not only that, but the email originally associated with account is no longer active. So, what’s the next step in order to re-activate paid-up license?
  7. Currently, there really haven't been any USB-based exploits on macOS, largely because macOS never supported autorunning a process from an external drive. Thus, there has never been any case to my knowledge where a Mac was infected by connecting a USB drive. That's not to say it's impossible, of course. There was, at one point, an exploit that could use the Thunderbolt port to modify the firmware: https://trmm.net/Thunderstrike This was purely theoretical, with the exception of an NSA exploit that was leaked that appeared to use this technique. And this did not involve USB. It's highly unlikely that you'd get infected just by connecting a standard USB flash drive. The only known exceptions would be USB drives with specific hardware added, such as a USB Kill device (which fries any device it's connected to) or something like a Rubber Ducky, which acts like a keyboard and injects commands via keystrokes (which is extremely obvious if you're sitting in front of the computer when you insert the drive).
  8. logs files from client Logs.zip
  9. Believe I completed all of the information requested establish Premium Account. Entered the Key, but process just stalled LINK to ACTIVATE was not accessible. Process has been very frustrating.
  10. We know that Malwarebytes does not scan external disks (at least for the moment). How can I protect myself in the event of having to connect a third party pendrive / disk whose reliability you are not sure or in case of a complete unknown people? Thanks to those who want to clarify my ideas
  11. I cleared some time to do this as you had warned that I need a lot of time. However when I started I realised that the file that I was expecting "custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRSTENGLISH tool." was not present. Please can you send? Thank you
  12. Could you please attach the entire log? Thank you.
  13. Today
  14. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  15. Hello...interesting problem here which occurred on two Win7 devices having ver. 3.7.1.2839 installed. Can’t reach any IPv6 sites, despite router assigning addresses, and all iOS devices (without Malwarebytes protection) fully IPv6-connected. Spent several hours online with a senior engineer from TP-Link via remote access, who by process of elimination nailed the problem. He disabled the “web protection” option, and now the Windows machines have again full IPv6 connectivity. Any possible solutions here, as I really don’t want to lose this protection feature in my anti-malware suite.
  16. everything i am giving you is coming from the console which is matching up with whats on the client
  17. The screen capture in Post #11 looks like a Firefox Spell Checker function as noted with the "Inspect Element (Q)" in that JPEG as well as mine w/o said add-on.
  18. I got intrigued and installed the FF add on (without registering). I'm not sure, it seems to be picking up speeling mistooks, but underlining different sections of text from the misspelled ones. Could be because I wouldn't sign up just to try it out? (Doesn't look anything like the above screenshot either).
  19. Hi, Is this the log from the affected endpoint itself? Because this was fixed in database version v2019.06.15.02 already. Can you open the Malwarebytes user interface on the affected client and check there? Alternatively, can you look in the same folder where you got this system log and get the scan log from that endpoint? This should show the exact detection and database version as well.
  20. Hello and Welcome! Sorry your having issues... please see the advice provided above by @Porthos so info. Also please make sure you check you junk/spam folders for any emails from Malwarebytes with you receipt / license info. Also you may try signing into that account portal to see if you can access your info https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login (use the same email address you used to buy the software)
  21. Hi, This Safe Boot problem is not my forty. I suggest you get help in the Windows 7 forum. An expert with that operating system should be able to help you. You can check also for other issues that are not malware related. Windows 7 Forum. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/167/windows-7/ Hope that helps.
  22. here is the system logs 6/17/2019 10:12:52 AM Anti-Malware IP Protection started successfully 6/17/2019 10:12:52 AM Anti-Malware Starting IP protection 6/17/2019 10:12:52 AM Anti-Malware Database refreshed successfully 6/17/2019 10:12:48 AM Anti-Malware Database is upgraded to version v2019.06.17.08. Source: Management Server 6/17/2019 10:12:48 AM Anti-Malware IP Protection stopped successfully 6/17/2019 10:12:48 AM Anti-Malware Stopping IP protection 6/17/2019 10:12:48 AM Anti-Malware Starting database refresh 6/17/2019 7:52:06 AM Anti-Malware IP Protection started successfully 6/17/2019 7:52:05 AM Anti-Malware Starting IP protection 6/17/2019 7:52:05 AM Anti-Malware Database refreshed successfully 6/17/2019 7:52:02 AM Anti-Malware Database is upgraded to version v2019.06.17.07. Source: Management Server 6/17/2019 7:52:02 AM Anti-Malware IP Protection stopped successfully 6/17/2019 7:52:02 AM Anti-Malware Stopping IP protection 6/17/2019 7:52:02 AM Anti-Malware Starting database refresh 6/17/2019 5:26:18 AM Anti-Malware IP Protection started successfully 6/17/2019 5:26:18 AM Anti-Malware Starting IP protection 6/17/2019 5:26:18 AM Anti-Malware Database refreshed successfully 6/17/2019 5:26:14 AM Anti-Malware Database is upgraded to version v2019.06.17.06. Source: Management Server 6/17/2019 5:26:14 AM Anti-Malware IP Protection stopped successfully 6/17/2019 5:26:14 AM Anti-Malware Stopping IP protection 6/17/2019 5:26:14 AM Anti-Malware Starting database refresh 6/17/2019 4:36:00 AM Anti-Malware IP Protection started successfully 6/17/2019 4:36:00 AM Anti-Malware Starting IP protection 6/17/2019 4:36:00 AM Anti-Malware Database refreshed successfully 6/17/2019 4:35:56 AM Anti-Malware IP Protection stopped successfully 6/17/2019 4:35:56 AM Anti-Malware Stopping IP protection 6/17/2019 4:35:56 AM Anti-Malware Starting database refresh 6/17/2019 4:35:56 AM Anti-Malware Database is upgraded to version v2019.06.17.05. Source: Management Server 6/17/2019 2:25:17 AM Anti-Malware IP Protection started successfully
  23. Hi, It´s me again and I made another scan. It shows no other PUPs, just the Trojan.LNKHijacker.ClnShrt as before. I´m also attaching a report from the Malwarebytes. What would you suggest me to do now? I was searching on the internet again and found this post, which was posted yesterday, about deleting it from the system. https://uninstallandremoveit.com/trojan-lnkhijacker-clnshrt-removal-steps/ Should I follow all the steps and try to remove it? Thanks Malwarebytes-scan-Sicko.txt
  24. Here is the .zip file you asked me to create. I also ran flush.bat and the computer rebooted normally. Now? mbst-grab-results.zip
  25. Hi, The Fixlog.txt is incomplete. Please open the file and copy the contents. post it in your next reply.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.