All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You are not just an average user. The info I posted is a warning to the average mom and pop reading this topic about forcing any feature upgrade.
  3. Microsoft has put in blocks to the upgrading system not all reasons are documented by them. Some may not see the upgrade notice for months. I have been running 2004 since March 30th. My computer has not had any issues. It was not a clean install but an upgrade using an ISO from UUP Dump.
  4. Unfortunatly you missed the info I provided. As you will be aware of I run Windows on both iron as I do on virtual hardware (VMware Workstation 15.5). You may agree with me if I run Windows 10 Pro (I have 5 VM's) on identical virtual machines and of those only 1 is offered the update you logic is flawed.
  5. Regarding your text: That is considered force upgrading before Windows update offers it to you. I would also have uninstalled Avast/AVG as 3rd party AV programs have a very high potential of messing feature updates up. I do not see this as force upgrading but I guess will look at it our own way.
  6. As a side note, I have done almost 40 upgrades to 2004 with no issue. I do have have a couple of clients with Malwarebytes issues and have just downgraded MB to the version I linked and put them on a list when things are finally fixed to contact to re upgrade Malwarebytes to the fixed current version.
  7. Added info: of the 3 Windows device I have running Windows 10 Pro/MBA/Avast/HitmanPro, the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is still 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) will state within Windows Update thru Setting that Version 2004 is not yet ready for the device. The computers current running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 never showed this notification.
  8. That is considered force upgrading before Windows update offers it to you. I would also have uninstalled Avast/AVG as 3rd party AV programs have a very high potential of messing feature updates up. I am not defending Malwarebytes as there are issues with some configurations at the moment and has been going on for several months and have not been able to be reproduced by the developers.
  9. The computer systems were made up-to-date thru Windows Update Assistant. Of course I made sure to look at the release notes (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/) regarding issue's listed for Version 2004. The Windows Update Assistant was downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.
  10. Today
  11. Please restart the computer. Then open Malwarebytes again and run a normal Threat scan and it should create a new log.
  12. Thank you for your suggestion. It has been suggested a few times and is on a list of possible updates.
  13. I have not used those mostly since Win 98. A few times during the XP era. Useless today and just overkill that can lead to conflicts with other security software.
  14. All modern web browsers have options to block cookies if desired, and removing cookies after the fact is pointless as they have already been used to track your activities at that point. The only way to truly defeat tracking cookies is to block them. Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocks many tracking servers for this reason, to safeguard privacy. Beyond that you could try a tool such as Spywareblaster or the Immunize function in Spybot Search & Destroy, however I have not personally used either in some time as they are both quite dated and not as useful as they once were when browsers were less secure than they are now.
  15. Malwarebytes isn't creating a new file because there isn't anything to create. (I guess). It's not giving me the option to export anything as well. The only thing I can attach that has relevance is the file I had submitted previously. NewMalwareB1.txt
  16. Greetings, Unfortunately there is no option to export settings in the home user version of Malwarebytes at this time, however I will pass your feedback on to the Product team for consideration. Thanks
  17. You'll likely have to force the system to shut down by holding down the power button then proceed with the next step. It is the self-protection component preventing you from deleting it manually; technology intended to prevent malicious tampering by malware and hackers.
  18. Hey Kevin, thanks again for your help. I am not getting the popups anymore and the tool says it removed one threat. Let me know if there is anything else I need to do. I have attached the file as well. You the MVP for real. SophosVirusRemovalTool.log
  19. Sorry, I thought that the file I had added was the new. I'm scanning again to make absolute sure. NewMalwareB1.txt
  20. Hi everyone: I noticed recently in the Google app on my phone (the one that curates all of the news/weather/local information) that there has been a recent, long string of youtube videos being processed by the search function. The searches usually follow the syntax of: [video code] -site:youtube.com Does anyone know of any adware/malware/viruses that cycle through various Youtube video id's in the background (my guess is that they are looking to get more video views)? Could this be the videos that I click on in the news feed section of the app? If anyone has any ideas as to what this might be, that would be great. Also, I've attached a screenshot for reference. Thanks, DD
  21. Of course they do. They want you to subscribe to their ad free email service. I actually subscribe to Yahoo business email and since I pay them yearly I do not have any issues. Cookies are harmless. I have not deleted any cookies in years. Buy people will argue about privacy issues with them and PERSONALLY I do not care on any computer I own. I use Firefox and though I have Chrome and the new Edge installed, I only use Firefox for 99.9% of web browsing. I stopped using them when they started to allow some AD's by default few years ago in favor of UBlock Origin. I set Storage Sense on all computers on the following settings.
  22. I ran that scan several times prior to posting my problem here, no positive results. I'm sorry to inform that the problem still exist I'm really convinced that the sites that I mentioned in my OP are causing this issue and I can't stress enough how I would like Malwarebytes to investigate these sites. https://www.scidev.net/asia-pacific/disease/news/oral-polio-drops-linked-to-paralysis-in-india.html https://torrentz2.eu I think they install some code and that you can only delete this by formatting the C: drive in a specific way. And that it is some really smart process since none of the anti-malware programs are able to pick up on this.
  23. Any program/game that has a torrent feature is likely to cause detection's with the Web Protection in Malwarebytes.
  24. Please try running it in Safe Mode . Instructions on booting into Safe Mode can be found here as well as here. Please let us know how it goes. Thanks
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.