All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @exile360 It isn't the hair per se. It is the human detritus. Skin which flecks-off that may also contain skin and hair mites ( a microscopic athropod ) which is a well established allergen. In a shop environment, I think the idea of placing customer ADPE into closed plastic bags is a very good way to "quarantine" the equipment in case they may contain something the shop doesn't want to be introduced into their environment.
  3. It's not good that the core Operating System files have an issue. Please run the steps 1 - 3 again and post back fresh logs. Then we'll see if anything obvious remains and look at getting the error from Windows repair fixed. Ron
  4. As the issue appears to be resolve now I'll leave you with the following information to help keep the computer clean going forward. However, if the computer is showing signs of an issue still please let me know and we can dig in deeper to make sure it's clean. Let's get real. If you're not backing up your data and you're still using Google Chrome then you're just not serious about Privacy, Safety, and protecting your data. Malwarebytes is a fantastic program but you still need to back up your data and you still need to block scripts and Ads in your browser. If you're still using Google Chrome I would highly suggest you consider using Firefox instead. For more advanced users you might consider installing NoScript as well (it does have a higher learning curve though) Help Secure your browsers Please install uBlock Origin for your browsers to better protect your system FireFox, Chrome, Opera , Safari, Microsoft Edge AdBlock for Internet Explorer How to use uBlock Origin to protect your online privacy and security | uBlock Origin tutorial 2018 This video tutorial above explains how to use uBlock Origin in advanced user mode and all the advanced settings to protect your online privacy and help prevent unwanted sites from changing your browser settings Follow-up Reading Everything you need to know about cybercrime 10 easy ways to prevent malware infection Keep your data backed up Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes and tell your friends and family too. We're here to help. Ron
  5. Can I have you temporarily uninstall your Avast antivirus. Windows 10 comes with Window Defender antivirus that is pretty good so the computer won't be without protection while we continue to investigate your issue. Please use the Avast uninstall utility to help remove it. https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility Once done, then reboot the computer one more time and run FRST again and get both new logs again. Any questions please let me know Thank you again Ron
  6. No problem. Will check back with you on Monday @Gledders
  7. Yikes, yeah for desktops if possible I'd just take them outside and blow them out with an actual air compressor, otherwise as you mentioned, I'd use means other than compressed air, at least for the vast majority of the system/components (if there is something with a fine finstack that can't be easily cleared by manual means with a brush, vacuum or similar then I might resort to canned air, for example a CPU cooler and/or chipset heat sink and maybe the cooler on the GPU but that's about it, and even then, wearing a mask to protect your breathing would be a good idea). For most notebooks, as David mentioned using canned air (or an air compressor as I mentioned) is pretty much a must as there are just too many small places that collect dust that pretty much nothing else can get into besides air (the small fans, fine finstacks on heat sinks etc.). Back when I was a tech we did get a few systems like this from time to time that would be badly infested and it was tough seeing that, but as I suggested, we'd take these systems outside and blow them out with an air compressor away from the building in the back area, making sure that the direction the debris is being blown out is not against the wind since no one wants a face full of that nasty stuff. We'd do the same with any heavily soiled systems (like those really caked up with dust, pet hair etc.) so that we could keep our actual work areas clean and not have a huge mess to deal with inside the building. If events like this occur frequently enough you could take up a policy similar to companies that collect and dispose of old furniture and the like and have large plastic bags that each system is placed in when collected from the customer that way no lifeforms can escape should any of the systems be infested with anything, then when preparing to work on each system, you carefully open/unseal the bag somewhere such as the area you described where you'll be able to see if anything scurries out of it and deal with it accordingly. Another option would be to clean them all outside using the air compressor method, again making sure you wear a mask because no matter what it might be, even if it's just hair or household dust, breathing in that stuff regularly isn't good for you (I had an uncle pass away years back from a condition in his lungs caused as a direct result of working as a barber/hair stylist his whole life just from breathing in all that human hair and it was strikingly similar to what I've heard from others about asbestos exposure with regards to its symptoms).
  8. Thanks alvarnell. The was an error in Chrome update indicated in "About Google Chrome". I've included a screenshot of the "About" just for documentation. Google's instructions for correcting the error were to uninstall Chrome then reinstall. The first start after the reinstall, the BlockBlock notices we there as they should be. So far they have not shown up on any subsequent starts. I'll add another update to this thread in a few days to confirm that it does fix the problem. I wasn't trying to demean BlockBlock, I'm very glad to have it. In this situation, I couldn't tell what was causing the situation so it seemed wise to ask. Thank you very much for the assistance, it is greatly appreciated!
  9. Hello, okay. Let me have you run the following please. We may need to clean up some things to allow Google Chrome to be cleaned well. Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready. STEP 01 If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button. If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it. Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button. Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply. If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply. STEP 02 Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop. Right-click on the program and select Run as Administrator to start the tool. Accept the Terms of use. Wait until the database is updated. Click Scan Now. When finished, please click Clean & Repair. Your PC should reboot now if any items were found. After reboot, a log file will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply. RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3 STEP 03 Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer. Press the Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here. Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well. Thanks Ron
  10. Today
  11. I worked in an environment where we had roaches, mice and even stachybotrys. Roaches love electricity and magnetism and would be found congregated in speakers and electric clocks. The tool of choice was a vacuum with a hepa filter incorporating a long wand. A soft bristle paint brush would dislodge dust and roach carcasses that the vacuum would suck-up. I used 100% isopropyl alcohol and I have continued to use it to this day for multiple purposes. If one takes a ComptTIA A+ exam and it suggests that to clean a PC of dust is to use a can of compressed air, they are WRONG. A can of compressed air is apropos to a notebook but not a desktop PC. Desktop tower computers are often placed on the floor but all collect and concentrate the dust of the environment. Using compressed air only makes that dust airborne. The health of the computer technician is then placed at-risk. That dust can contain disease that can make the technician sick. Such the Hunta virus from mouse dropping and dried urine or mold spores like that from stachybotrys. Isopropyl alcohol kills pathogens and the use of a vacuum with a hepa filter reduces the the possible impact of breathing in mold spores and allergens that were concentrated within automated data processing equipment (ADPE). I'll always remember the day when I placed an opened bag of corn chips in my cubicle's above head cabinet and a mouse made his way into the bag. In those days computer mice had "mouse balls". When an employee had left the organization, I would collect their ADPE for inventory, preventative maintenance and for their preparation for new personnel. Under one person's desk I found a computer mouse ball that had been gnawed by a mouse. The multiple parallel grooves left by rodent incisor teeth was undeniable. While this photo is not mine, it is indicative of the problem we faced.
  12. Hello, I've been having this problem recently and have run out of ideas on what to do. I've used HitmanPro, Rkiller, Malwarebyte 3, Zemana, Adwcleaner, and still am not getting rid of the infection. Not sure what else is there at this point to do except reboot the system. Would like some help, thank you. FRST.txt Addition.txt
  13. The only reservation I have is that I watch CPU activity closely during scans and generally speaking it pretty much maxes out every thread, at least on my 7700K (4 cores, 8 threads) throughout most of the scan process. This makes me think that it likely is using each available CPU thread to analyze at least one file, or to perform an individual analysis of various aspects of a file (since there are multiple criteria in the database for determining whether an object is malicious or not; it isn't just a raw hash check of the files on disk as it must look at everything from filename, path, internal file structure, file type analysis, metadata and other types and levels of file structural and behavioral analysis), but looking at the speed of my scans I hypothesize that they likely are analyzing at least one file per thread at a time throughout the scan process. If the number of available threads for a given system is the bottleneck then increasing the volume of files on disk that can be queued up or analyzed at one time might not provide any performance benefits, however I'd have to leave that to the Developers to determine obviously. I'm just speaking from my own perceptions based on my own observations and experiences with the software on my own systems.
  14. Greetings, Since you already created a support ticket I will let them assist you with this issue. I am sure that they will be able to get it working properly for you again. If there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know. Thanks
  15. yes I know that already when it came to the users , a Microsoft MSN (windows live) is an messenger software for windows since windows XP , anyway I want to makes some questions here . so , there are some of new peer-to-peer messaging software that to using the user’s IP and they claiming to not uploading the user DATA to their own server nor to have the user’s DATA already saved somewhere by them . as I know the peer to peer is meant for a Torrent Clint software tools . so how these messaging software to be a peer-to-peer ? using of a such software is safe ? Malwarebytes is protected user while they are using it ? and why is Microsoft is bundled the windows 10 with the Skype ? (I do not use it but may be I will use another one for gaming if it safe to use of course) if not any plan by Malwarebytes team to covered this ?
  16. That is good t know. I am glad to have helped. My best to you. Maurice
  17. Greetings, If you haven't done so already, please sign up at My.Malwarebytes.com using the same email address you used when you originally purchased your license. Instructions on how to do so can be found in this support article. If you are unable to use the original email, if for example you no longer have access to that email address, then use your current email address and add your license key to your account manually by following the instructions in this support article. Once that is done you should be able to reset your license key so that you may reactivate it on your device. To do so, I suggest using the Deactivate all function described in this support article. If you still have trouble getting your license reset/activated then please contact Malwarebytes Support directly by filling out the form on the bottom of this page and they will assist you further as they have direct access to the licensing system. I hope this helps and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know. Thanks
  18. There was a false positive yeterday in Malwarebytes about the DLL. and it got put into Quarantine. If you would just Restore it now, the Adobe app should do ok. False positives can happen on any security program. If after the restore the Adobe is not ok, do a new install of the Adobe. . The thread about the information on the false positive is on this thread
  19. I tried downloading Dexpot V1.6 (https://www.dexpot.de) and was blocked with the following redirect: moz-extension://3a5fb12e-c521-45fd-8a1f-b2d4d1ac6336/redirects/blockedDownload.html?url=https%3A//www.dexpot.de/index.php%3Fid%3Ddownload&host=www.dexpot.de&type=scam&subtype=suspiciousDownload I have not used this program before, but my research suggests it's legitimate and can and has been licensed for corporate use. Is there something I'm missing in this program that makes it malware (a.k.a. known malware), or was this block generated by an algorithm that is considering it suspicious? This is the direct link to Dexpot (https://www.dexpot.de) and their V1.6 Download (https://www.dexpot.de/index.php?id=download). Regards, Jason
  20. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  21. I had to reload my windows due to system errors.Today I tried to reinstall with my license and was told that I couldn't activate my program because I paid my money for only one device and I had used that one install. I feel that I have wasted my time buying the license because I cannot install it onto the same machine I licensed it for. This seems to be a rather unusual way of forcing people to buy multipack licenses just so they have reinstall capability. I tried to activate the license on the site, that failed as well.
  22. I've had a recent epidemic of computers coming into the shop infested with bugs (specifically brown banded cockroaches), and I'm curious how other people handle/would handle it? I cant really turn down the work because 1) 80% of the time I don't know of the infestation until I open the computer and the customer is long gone and 2) So many of my customers have these infestations that I'd be losing almost 50% of the jobs that come in. And usually I can earn a few extra bucks recommending a hardware cleaning and killing off the infestation. The way I handle it now is usually I'll take the computer to an open, clutter free area of the shop and work on it there. If I see any roaches make a run for it away from the system I have a bottle of 91% isopropyl alcohol on hand to spray them (usually kills them on contact, seems the safest option for nearby components, and easier to cleanup than other sprays or trying to smash them). If and when I open up the PC or laptop (always the most fun with these due to all the nooks and crannies), I use a small set of tweezers that came with a repair toolkit I got ages ago to grab them, and spray them with isopropyl on a collection paper towel outside of the device. I also keep the spray bottle handy in-case I hit a big nest and need to just spray wildly into the device itself to kill them in mass before they escape and infest my shop (I hate doing this, and I always thoroughly check that I've dried everything off and soaked up any puddles that may have formed before I dare power anything on). And finally, once I've killed everything I can see/catch, I take the whole device apart and scrub it all down with more isopropyl to cleanup the residue they leave behind and hopefully kill any eggs that could be hiding. I've fixed several PCs that refused to power on like this (I'm guessing either a roach or the residue was causing a short somewhere), and thus far I've yet to have a customer complain of a re-infection or anymore power issues (I also give all my customers a recommendation to a local pest control company who have proven to be very good at killing off other nests on the premises). I also try and protect my shop with a overabundance of bait and traps hidden around, and I've alerted my landlord of the issue, so they have pest control spray my shop fairly frequently to help prevent a possible infestation here (I had the startings of one once, but after I put those two preventatives into place, it seems to have killed off what was here and haven't had anything since knock-on-wood). Has anyone else here had experiences or issues with these types of infections? Any suggestions on ways they'd handle it? Or possibly any safer or more efficient ways I could be handling it? Also, I apologize if this isn't the correct place for this topic, but this was the only section I could find anywhere to post about hardware.
  23. Sorry for the late reply, I did a full scan and it came out clean and everything seems good now so I believe this can be labeled as resolved. Again thank you
  24. Noticed I was in selective startup mode for disabling the Lavasoft Web Companion (a software I never willingly installed) but it's been uninstalled and the folder shown as it's path is gone. Is it safe to switch to normal mode at this point ? I've managed to resolve the IE Com Surrogate issue and the only real problem I have is the F8 option not working to enter safe mode and these msconfig irregularities which I don't really know are irregular. It's an odd coincidence I can't enter safe mode unless I choose the fast boot option in MSconfig and am now seeing a slightly longer boot up time with that yellow progress bar I mentioned.
  25. No I understand that. I am just saying, how did MBW false read something then damage it? Is adobe reader damage because MWB placed the adobe DLL file in quarantine is that why Adobe is not working?
  26. Hello, first of all I apologize because my English is not very good. My antivirus (Norton) constantly notifies me that it has blocked an attack of: "System infected: Miner.Bitcoinminer Activity 7" (at least 5 or 10 times per minute), and when I display the details of any of these notifications, it indicates that the Gravity is high, and what was blocked was an "intrusion attempt by system-update.info". I have tried to solve this by scanning the computer with different software and antivirus such as SpyHunter5, MalwareBytes, Avast, and Norton. Of all these programs, the only one that identified a threat (Trojan) was Norton, which it repaired and eliminated. However, Norton continues to constantly report that it has blocked "the Miner.Bitcoinminer Activity 7 attack." It is as if he could not identify and control the source of the attack, but he can block the attack every so often. I think this means that my computer is not protected against this threat and I would like to control it, and it is very annoying that the antivirus notify me again and again. I thank you very much in advance. My laptop is an Acer 4gb RAM, Intel core I3 (8th gen), 1Tb hard drive, with Windows 10. Attached the security history in .txt format to this post, I think you can get more information from there. Historial reciente.txt
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.