All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi @ejbeak I run Windows 10 with Malwarebytes for Windows Premium & Windows Defender. Have done so ever since Windows 10 was first released ( and from even the Insider Preview for the year preceding that). I have never had to do anything out of the ordinary. What I would suggest for you, is: To do one Windows Restart on your own prior to manually getting the 1903 build. Then do a Windows Update check run. Open Windows Update and click Check For Updates. If you see a listing for the May 2019 Update, click Download and Install Now. My advice is just not to use the system for anything thing else.
  3. Same thing.....Trojan MalPack.GS....TimeDate.cpl Version 3.5.1.2522 Win XP
  4. The worst thing you can do is blindly trust a malware scanner and wipe your entire phone just because the scanner claims every single system file as infected. That's impossible. I also have 98 "infections" after last update. I simply ignored it 'cause after more than 20 years of internet you know if it can be or not.
  5. Similar to these ? I have created a 1series of videos generated from these kinds of fraud sites for the purposes of recognition and education. They are all videos from real web sites. ALL are FRAUDS. All these have one thing in common and they have nothing to do with any software on your PC. They are all nefarious web sites meant to defraud you of money. The objective is to, falsely, goad you to make the phone call and pay for some service contract for an incident that never happened. From there they may continue to charge your Credit Card for other services, remote into your computer and do real damage and/or exfiltrate your personal data and they may use the information they obtain from you to commit additional frauds. MalwareScam.wmv MalwareScam-1.wmv MalwareScam-2.wmv MalwareScam-3.wmv MalwareScam-4.wmv MalwareScam-5.wmv MalwareScam-6.wmv I have also created a PDF ScreenShow of a myriad of FakeAlert screens - FakeAlert-Screens.pdf / Flash Version Reference: US FBI PSA - Tech Support Fraud US FTC Consumer Information - Tech Support Scams US FTC - Tech Support Operators Agree to Settle Charges by FTC and the State of Ohio US FTC - FTC and Federal, State and International Partners Announce Major Crackdown on Tech Support Scams Malwarebytes' Blog - Search on - "tech support scams" Malwarebytes' Blog - "Tech support scams: help and resource page" 1. Also located at "My Online Security" - Some videos of typical tech support scams
  6. Same problem here - all system files claimed to be infected. 100 % false positive.
  7. I also did a full factory reset and scanned my android box and still got malware on my system files as to be false hope there is a fix for this
  8. Today
  9. I've noticed similar with MB3 free version (So no real time protection running). The tray icon does not appear up at a normal startup, but it does seem to appear following a Windows 10 Cumulative Update, and occasionally if a programme installer is downloaded from the web. (But not for document downloads which indicates that it's probably happening on purpose when you download an executable). I've not yet done any testing or pinned it down enough to give any meaningful information to the devs, but will be keeping an eye on it. As exile360 has said you can simply click on the tray icon and Quit Malwarebytes to stop the service and remove the icon.
  10. I just started a topic in the Malwarebytes for Android section. I've got a Leaggo M8 Pro phone and suddenly had 67 similar supposed trojan found following the latest signature updates. Nothing identified until this latest update and I'm pretty sure they are false positives - they all seem to be original system files and there's been no updates to this phone for ages, so I don't expect anything's made its way onto the phone recently. I've whitelisted the files as I don't expect they are a real threat - unless someone knows differently?
  11. Thank you very mauch, but the option Start Malwarebytes at Windows startup is already set to Off.
  12. Greetings, Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I agree, it would be nice to be able to disable the scan complete notification when no threats have been detected. In the meantime, you should be able to add your games to the list of applications under Settings>Application under the Play Mode section and clicking the Manage Applications button and clicking Add and browsing to each game and adding it to the list. This will prevent Malwarebytes from showing any notifications while the selected programs are running. I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know. Thanks
  13. So... I did a full format of my device. For now problem is not showing up. Thanks for your help.
  14. Greetings, If you wish to exit Malwarebytes completely, right-click on the Malwarebytes tray icon and select Quit Malwarebytes and then click Yes if prompted by User Account Control. That will terminate Malwarebytes completely from memory, including the tray icon. If you wish to prevent Malwarebytes from running on system startup then open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Protection and under the Startup Options section, toggle the option Start Malwarebytes at Windows startup to Off by clicking on the switch (don't click and drag the switch, just click on it once to switch it off) and that should prevent Malwarebytes from running in the system tray when the computer starts. I hope this helps, and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know. Thanks
  15. Greetings, Thank you for informing us about this. I will be sure to report this issue to the Developers.
  16. Greetings, I'm sorry that the software isn't working correctly, but hopefully we can get it fixed for you. Please do the following so that we may take a look at what's going on with it: Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair) Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply Thanks
  17. Wow, that's incredible. Not to mention really messed up. It sounds like they didn't appreciate what they had. I don't know how you could stand it. I was very lucky in that regard because Malwarebytes was always a great place to work. They treat their employees great. Yeah, I don't blame you at all for leaving when you did. In fact, I'm surprised you stuck it out as long as you did. I wouldn't have been able to.
  18. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  19. Hello. Does anybody know how to delete Malwarebytes icon in the traybar? It is not activated in traybar settings. I have Windows 10.
  20. Regardless of any well intentioned answers ... my Upgrade on a new W10 computer's 1803 to 1809 5 weeks later Stalled repeatedly at 91% Install - which WAS a Common Google Symptom result - AND SUCCESS Occurred when I DISabled - not Un-inst'd as some did - ESET EIS, Mbam, and SuperAS. No way to know WHICH app was the cause, but IF you do nothing and have issues, remember this worked for me.
  21. Hello. I run the purchased version of Malwarebytes. I keep getting a Win32 virus message popping up, but only after I visit a certain blog (hosted on Wordpress). My PC still works, but the instance this afternoon locked firefox. Currently unable to run Malwarebytes. Tried a system restore, but was told it didn't work, and the message suggested removing Malwarebytes, which sounded suspicious to me. I think my PC is infected, and hope you can help me. Thanks.
  22. How do I change the date format on the cloud dashboard to UK format?
  23. Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes. I'm nasdaq and will be helping you. If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed. === In order to give you sound advice I need more information. Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST). Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system. and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop. Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. Press Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply. How to attach a file: In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Select Click the Choose a File. Navigate to the location of the File. Click the file. It will appear in section. Click the Saving button. Wait for further instructions
  24. It's also worth noting that I tried 7 other malware/antivirus programs and none were able to detect anything on my clean system.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.