All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No, from Recovery only. Let me do some research and see what's going on. If you've followed directions exactly and the drive was never inserted under Safe or Normal mode then it normally repairs on its own. I'll get back to you a bit later after researching
  3. Sorry about that, hopefully I did it right this time. I waited until the command prompt to put it in this time. But I noticed that in the log that there is a note that says if it the system is bootable I must run FRST in either normal or safe mode. Should I try to run FRST in safe mode instead of recovery mode since my system is bootable? FRST.txt
  4. Ron, OK, I will run that tomorrow and post the docs here. Thank you for your help.
  5. Well, that's what I was going to offer to help you with. It's up to you but if you'd like me to review suggestions for removal of apps or startup items please run FRST again and post back new logs for both FRST and Addictions.txt Thanks Ron
  6. Hello @CraigW and Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready. You can skip step 01 since you just posted that file. STEP 01 If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button. If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here and install it. Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button. Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply. If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply. STEP 02 Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop. Right-click on the program and select Run as Administrator to start the tool. Accept the Terms of use. Wait until the database is updated. Click Scan Now. When finished, please click Clean & Repair. Your PC should reboot now if any items were found. After reboot, a log file will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply. RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3 STEP 03 Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer. Press the Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here. Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well. Thanks Ron
  7. Hello, I ran msconfig and stopped several programs from auto start. Now the computer runs not that slow anymore. Are there anything else I should do at this point? Thank you very much!
  8. Hi @LiquidTension I am pleased to meet you again. I've seen this setting and it was set like in your screenshot. However it could need a renaming. Windows Action Center - in my head - relates more to "Notification Center" than Microsoft Security Center in Windows 10, which it is named now for while. Do you see my point? to your questions: To be honest I cannot tell if the performance issues will be gone as soon the premium trial is expired because all machines tested have a premium subcription active. I could think of that a certain module is causing the performance troubles - you'll certainly remember the Win7 incident some months ago. At least in Premium (trial) the issues will be reproducible for me. On all machines there is full Spectre / Spectre NG protection enabled and Retpoline. This includes one setting is not enabled in 1903 by default such as SSBD This is the output from SpeculationControlSettings on all affected systems BTIHardwarePresent : True BTIWindowsSupportPresent : True BTIWindowsSupportEnabled : True BTIDisabledBySystemPolicy : False BTIDisabledByNoHardwareSupport : False BTIKernelRetpolineEnabled : False BTIKernelImportOptimizationEnabled : True KVAShadowRequired : True KVAShadowWindowsSupportPresent : True KVAShadowWindowsSupportEnabled : True KVAShadowPcidEnabled : True SSBDWindowsSupportPresent : True SSBDHardwareVulnerable : True SSBDHardwarePresent : True SSBDWindowsSupportEnabledSystemWide : True L1TFHardwareVulnerable : True L1TFWindowsSupportPresent : True L1TFWindowsSupportEnabled : True L1TFInvalidPteBit : 45 L1DFlushSupported : True The logon issues were reproducible on my computer, whilst the temporary freezes affected only the other one (both are very new machines). Unfortunately this is no longer the case in 1903, but it is / was the case in 1809. The issues in this context are easily reproducible. If you can install a 1903 and install MBAM I think you will get a sufficient picture of the misbehaviour. MSFT team said it is ok that is registering per default. I am also ok with it - but it should not happen that an expiration of trial premium will leave the customer unprotected. Also it is not expected that the option to setup sporadic scans for Defender will turn off. The issue that the Security Center does not show up a button to re-enable Defender is supposingly a Windows releated. Hopefully I will able to proceed with further steps and the tool as in post #2 on Tuesday or earlier. I also consider to stop my Acronis Backups weekly so we can revert to the state before the uninstalls today.
  9. Hello @rickylee and Let me get some logs please so that we can see what's going on with your system. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. Press Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well. Thanks Ron
  10. Hello @Alucard783 and Please follow the directions from the following topic. Once that has been done and you've rebooted the computer, if the issue remains please let us know. Thank you Ron
  11. Hello @rickylee and A request has been made to forum management to move your topic to the more appropriate Windows Malware Removal Help & Support subforum. HTH
  12. Since I have Windows 10 malwarebytes does not open. I have tried several suggestions without success. MSN is no help.
  13. Since I have Windows 10 malwarebytes does not open. I have tried several suggestions without success. MSN is no help.
  14. Please try this again. The log indicates it did not work. If the USB was inserted before the Reovery point then it cannot fix it. Format the USB stick from a clean computer and try again
  15. The current logs don't show an obvious infection, but let's go ahead and do another scan with Kaspersky antivirus to make sure. Please download and run the following Kaspersky antivirus scanner to remove any found threats Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Let me know if it finds anything or not
  16. Today
  17. Hello, It is an IP block, looks like many fraud and scam sites were associated with it. I am going to be removing this block as I see legitimate sites now using the IP.
  18. Forgot to put the System Look file... Sorry for double post. SystemLook.txt
  19. Hello It seems System Look did not find anything, so the KMS thing is probably removed. I have used the Bitdefender uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller Portable and removed everything that I could find that was slightly suspicious to me and restarted. But the boot time is still the same, I just don't get it, its like there is no explanation for it. It just doesn't make sense to me because everything else is working fine and fast. nasdaq, you don't think that it has anything to do with that Virtual Memory weird thing that I mentioned before? (Post #10) I'm just guessing because I'm running out of ideas...
  20. Ok, I've done all that, thanks Treed. FYI, the only apps I have installed in the last few day were Remember The Milk and DiskCatalogmaker. That last one I had my doubts about - it installed the app into the applications folder but nothing appeared in launch pad. It also works at quite a low level presumably to be able to catalogue hard drives. I didn't catalogue my main hard drive with it, just a few external drives I keep my film making archives on. If it didn't come in through those, what other way could it have got onto my system? Thanks for your help.
  21. Sorry, late to the party. @TwinHeadedEagle any ETA on the fix or is reset still the preferred method of removal?
  22. No, it would not. Chrome would save all the settings for the most part including the redirect issue. We could MANUALLY remove it and that would fix it. But my personal advice would be to just stop using Chrome period and switch to Firefox
  23. On the MBE's icon I can see the number of things that are blocked, but not exactly what is blocked. Is there a feature planned that displays what is being blocked? And is there also a feature planned that allows the user to block or whitelist stuff on a per item bases (like uBlock offers), rather than whitelisting a whole domain? And do you intend to in the future add the ability for users to add filter lists, or perhaps go the other way around and opensource your filter lists to be used in other blockers like uBlock Origin?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.