All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The blocked sites had to be redirects or pop-ups that were loading on the page you were viewing which is why they were not blocked immediately as your browser was not redirected or told to display them immediately. Such embedded and linked sites/pages tend to load last in order to allow the rest of the host page to load completely. I hope that helps explain things a bit, however if you still have trouble or you do not believe the explanation I provided applies to this situation then please let us know. It may also help to gather logs from Malwarebytes as well as something such as a Wireshark capture to allow analysis of the connections and traffic to hopefully see what is happening.
  3. Of course you can. That site is for downloading Pirated and illegal content. There is no safe way to download pirated content.
  4. Yesterday
  5. I just have a question , malwarebytes blocked the pirate bay , said due too Trojan , and also it was an outgoing connection. was this just my brave browser it was blocking as a false positive , or the website itself, as you can possibly get Trojans there? mwb's Quarentine.txt
  6. Greetings, If you would please do the following so that we may check your exclusions: Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair) Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply Thanks
  7. I visited a few url's not detected by browser guard.......... With in minuets it detected them as "reputation".... what detection methods are used for this? I just found it interesting it detected the unknown urls so fast just by visiting the link. Do you understand now?
  8. Has this progressed? Also having the same issue. We had excluded the entire folder and that worked for a week. The issue has now arisen again. Killing the malwarebytes service allows Terminal to open, proving it is malwarebytes causing the issue.
  9. @H4V0C Thank you very much and to all the team! @exile360 Cool background for sure..
  10. Thank you for the fresh FRST reports. These reports do not show the presence of some infection. I suspect that this Windows system may have an issue related to the Windows installer service. Let us do the following custom procedure. ( there will be more to do later on ) Please Close and Save any open work you may have open. Please close as many un-needed app-windows that you yourself may have open at this point. So you can have a clear field of view. This custom script is for pootis only / for this machine only. Close and save any open work files before starting this procedure. Please Close and save any open work files before you start this next step. It will involve a Windows Restart at the end of it. I am sending a custom Fix script which is going to be used by the ENGLISHFRST tool. They will both work together as a pair. Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE link AS and save it directly ( as is) to the Downloads folder The tool named ENGLISHFRST.exe tool is already on the Downloads folder Start the Windows Explorer and then, to the Downloads folder. RIGHT click on ENGLISHFRST and select RUN as Administrator and allow it to proceed. Reply YES when prompted to allow to run. to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version. IF Windows prompts you about running this, select YES to allow it to proceed. IF you get a block message from Windows about this tool...... click line More info information on that screen and click button Run anyway on next screen. on the FRST window: Click the Fix button just once, and wait. PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. This run here should be fairly quick. If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally. The tool will complete its run after restart. When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your next reply later, at your next opportunity Fixlist.txt
  11. Well, at least all the gaming platforms/launchers like Steam, the Epic Game Store, the Microsoft Games for Windows launcher, Denuvo copy protection software etc. all still run under Windows 7/DirectX 11 for the time being, so for now at least gamers have 7 as a viable alternative, and they generally get superior system performance on top of everything else given how bloated 10 is compared to 7 (always up to something shady in the background; I wonder if it has anything to do with spying on us ). Anyway, all kidding aside, for now at least there are options, even with the latest and greatest hardware (particularly from Intel) thanks to extended Windows 7 platform and driver support for hardware released well after Windows 10 had come out and become the standard. I guess we'll have to wait and see how long these applications continue to support 7 instead of 10, though I'm hopeful since general application compatibility is usually very good between the two operating systems.
  12. Can you provide the file being detected and logs?
  13. Did you happen to see the result it displayed ? Please start the Windows File Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Logs\CBS You will find the log-file CBS.log with your mouse, click it one time so it has focus on the file. Then do a right-click with the mouse on CBS.log and select "Send to Compressed Files folder". It will show a message to the effect that the zip file will be created on the DESKTOP. Proceed with the selection. When done, CBS.zip will be on Desktop. Please attach the CBS.zip file with your reply. . Now then, there seems to be no signs of infection at this point. I am going to recommend a few help articles that address "slow pc" tips. I would like for you to look, study them, and apply the appropriate suggestions. Please know that a slow condition can be due to non-infection factors. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2746761/how-to-speed-up-your-slow-computer See Miekiemoes blog article on slow computer situation https://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2008/02/help-my-computer-is-slow.html also, at Bleepingcomputer https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87058/slow-computerbrowser-check-here-first;-it-may-not-be-malware/ , This next section here is to help to cleanup old files from old Windows 10 build past updates. Open an elevated command prompt window i.e. run Command Prompt as an administrator . It is best to use the Windows Copy ( CTRL+ C ) and paste ( CTRL+V ) for the whole line, as-is To Get the elevated command prompt, press Windows-key + X key and then selected Command prompt ( Admin ) On that command prompt, Copy & Paste this command cleanmgr.exe /AUTOCLEAN press Enter-key to proceed forward. The following folders will be removed: C:\$Windows.~BT\* C:\$Windows.~LS\* C:\$Windows.~WS\* C:\ESD\Download\* C:\ESD\Windows\* C:\$WINDOWS.~Q\* C:\$INPLACE.~TR\* C:\Windows.old\* C:\Windows\Panther . Next suggestion: what this machine needs is to upgrade to the Windows 10 build 1909. You should be able to manually get it thru Windows Update. It may take repeated tries with Windows Update till your pc is able to see that Update. You should make a try each day, from here on out, till you see it offered. The suggestion I have is to go to the Start menu, click the Windows Settings icon. Select Update & Security. Click on Windows Update. The Windows Update ( eventually) will have a display when it shows up. Note that the display will show the new build in a new way, in the middle of the display. You will need to click on the blue line marked "Download and install now" when ready. Getting that Windows build update will put this pc in a better position for a more secure operating system. This build is metered and controlled by Microsoft. If you do not get offered 1909, do keep trying. I'd suggest trying every day or every other day, at the top of the hour.
  14. If you buy a 1 device license one at a time yes its more expensive, but if you pay for a 4 device license for one year its only $63.70 US Dollars, that's not a bad price to keep 4 devices protected IMO. As shown in the image below. 1. Most folks like to run AV alongside Malwarebytes, If you have Windows 10, then the build in Windows Defender alongside MB is sufficient IMO 2. Not having the Premium and only using the Free version for on demand scans is doable, but you will not have the 4 protection modules that keep you safe while using your computer and surfing the internet. The paid version is way better to keep you protected. 3. AV test in my opinion are not very reliable.
  15. Clicking around on the site I do get some Ad blocks, etc. but not the main page or any of the articles I clicked on.
  16. Hello, Looks like this is being reported: http://clarklordy.com/22928cef8e9a4ed13f.js https://www.virustotal.com/gui/domain/clarklordy.com/relations
  17. Routine scans of my pc are clean too
  18. Hi So recently when browsing, I have been getting the occasional block alert for a site called clarklordy.com. Today I have downloaded a backup copy of a website I am decomissioning and when I tested the local browsing, one page popped up the dreaded warning. Oddly the same page does not trigger the alert on the live website. The only significant thing about the page in question is that it has an embedded Google calendar. I did a defender and MWB scan of the downloaded site and both came up clean. Any ideas? Log output below... Cheers!!!! Malwarebytes www.malwarebytes.com -Log Details- Protection Event Date: 27/02/2020 Protection Event Time: 21:16 Log File: 7ab16d98-59a6-11ea-b495-1c6f65fc04e6.json -Software Information- Version: 4.0.4.49 Components Version: 1.0.823 Update Package Version: 1.0.19938 Licence: Premium -System Information- OS: Windows 10 (Build 18362.657) CPU: x64 File System: NTFS User: System -Blocked Website Details- Malicious Website: 1 , C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0 -Website Data- Category: Trojan Domain: clarklordy.com IP Address: 104.28.17.15 Port: 443 Type: Outbound File: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe (end)
  19. I notice you have some left over elements of the Avira Antivirus software still on your computer. Did you uninstall Avira Antivirus @DOm23 If so then I would recommend that you download their Avira Registry Cleaner to clean up more items. Once that is done, then run the following fix. Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop. NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system. Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart. The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply. Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version. fixlist.txt Thanks
  20. Save time - jump down to "QUESTION:" below PREAMBLE: I am one of the of the few fortunate with a lifetime license, but that won't stop me from buying more MB. I wish to protect 4 devices - I'm willing to buy more MalwareBytes (MB) for: 1 x Win 7 2 x Win 10 1 x Win 7 is covered with life version. I just dumped Kaspersky after 3 months of 'issues' and reinstalled (MB). They had told me to uninstall MB. I see now that MB has been much improved over time. Some posts here say I don't need anti-virus, others say to run it manually when needed beside a good anti-virus program, some it's OK with Windows Defender, and others say no. So there seems no definitive answer. The sales pages states "Replaces antivirus" I am more than willing, as I have done since 1988, pay for good anti-virus. I can't find any. The price on the MB sale pages is "CAD $77.99 / yr." (Not permitted here to copy & paste it - not responsible for typos) for three devices. Pretty steep for something that isn't sue re if it will be OK with Defender, or others of their kind. The AV-Test site for MB last score rates it at 4, 5, and 4.5 (each out of 6) for Premium versions 3.5 - 3.6. QUESTION: Why is the cost so high and for only one device at a time? I need to justify for myself, and bank, and the sanity behind such a large purchase. BTW, I know the difference between the free, Home and Premium versions. As well, and hopefully, to update previous answers: Do I need a anti-virus running alongside MB? Should MB just be a tool-in-waiting and run it manually after disabling a anti-virus, when needed? There are very few that rank a 6, 6, 6, at AV-Tests. But is MB working on joining them in the ranks? 13.4 out 18! ~o~
  21. Hello @LGUNITED Please let me know if you still need further assistance with this issue and I'll be happy to assist you. Thank you
  22. Disabling Fast Startup on my system is no issue. Even with it off the computer on shut down or restart is back to the desktop in like 5 seconds. The only real difference is the loading of items takes a little bit longer but that is very minor and happens in the background.
  23. Arthi

Word (Grammarly)

Hi CXEPO, Can you please share your logs from the affected machine ? Also just to isolate this issue to the Anti-Exploit module, can you turn off Exploit protection in the MB4 UI and see if you can still reproduce the issue. Thanks.
  24. Pssst - - Wanna free operating system kid? Yeah - it's free! It's free because Here - take it - take it, you have to cause if you don't, your device will stop working GOTCHA!!! My Rant on it:: Ask yourself this 'why would Microsoft give away what is their bread and butter? It's about SMRC'ing. It's no longer "tracking" to 'enhance our browsing experience. Now, it's outright privacy theft. But it OK, because we all read those Term of Use, Privacy Policy, Cookie Policy, and dozens of other policies, guidelines, procedures and acceptable use agreements deciphered by those Philadelphia lawyers we all keep in our pockets - right beside that Administrator Microsoft tells us to contact when it Windoze dos it's usual thing. Every large corporation has a 1, 2 , 5, 10 and 20 year vision (plan). Microsoft invested in the free version because it is used to suck out all the information about us, follow us, monitor us, record us and sell us to anyone with money - especially advertisers. The same thing google does. What will be the cost of the next O/S Microsoft twists into our backs? I'm still using 7, 10, Linux, and XP and would still be using Vista were it not for too many online kiddie-kewl sites requiring at last 7. Microsoft could not get DOS right, can't get Windows right, and keeps us believing that we need to keep buying their buggy, unsecured, bloatware until they give up fixing it and come out with something new to screw us with. Windows is Pandora's box. Games were mentioned in the post. Many have games that ran perfectly fine in XP, for example, but all were forced to downgrade to Windows 10 (it's NOT a upgrade!) in order to continue to play those same games that worked fine in XP. Why did they have to install Win 10 on a new computer in order to play their favourite games? Because the Game portal (you know who they are) upgraded(?) their game launchers to run in 10 and they dropped launcher support for XP et al, Game launcher updates are required, one has no choice. People had to run out, buy a new computer that would handle Win 10, re-install all their usual software, and buy up to run the same thing they had on 7 that now needs 10 - just to support the launcher, not the game itself that would run on XP. It's not game that upgrade and needed 10, it was the launcher. For those kids who have been assimilated (includes most millennials), back in the day, we could install a game without Big Bro Developer watching our every move via the game launcher. Microsoft wants to stay in business, shareholders want to collect their greed, and can't do that if they develop a good O/S that lasts longer than the computer. Devices are ending in the landfill because we need to upgrade so M$ and ilk can generate more a sales. It's a self-perpetuating hungry and greedy monster and we are feeding our money, our freedom, and our rights to privacy. People, many sheeple, and the new device Borgs along with Googies rights to privacy are so eroded now there is no looking back. Hanging on to more secure and privacy-respecting old-style Microsoft versions is futile - resistance is futile - most Windows victims have been assimilated. Win 10 is Microsoft's best ever privacy raper. The improved version is coming. ~o~ My apologies to Microsoft for letting the cat out of the bag.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.