All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Probably the best option now is to take this to the Microsoft Community, explain the problem with Defender after the update. Also give link to this thread... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us I`m sure those guys who are specific to Windows will have an answer for you. Can you let me know outcome please... Thank you, Kevin...
  3. No im not taking the step to reset windows. If then System environment, installed software, browser bookmarks everythings will lose.
  4. Well I don't think the last update will tell you anything because I got update working again the same way as last time and continued the updates. But here's the history that shows up, you can see where it failed.
  5. Hello Aellion and welcome to Malwarebytes, Continue with the following: Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "protection tab" Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on.... Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab...... When the scan completes quarantine any found entries... To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following: Click on the Report tab > from main interface. Double click on the Scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed. Click Export > From export you have two options: Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply Text file (*.txt) - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply Please use "Copy to Clipboard, then Right click to your reply > select "Paste" that will copy the log to your reply… Next, Download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes onto your Desktop. Or from this Mirror Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users) Accept the EULA (I accept), then click on Scan Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Clean button. This will kill all the active processes Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply Next, Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version. If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way... Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status... Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.) Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans" Press Scan button to run the tool.... It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply. The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply. Let me see those logs in your reply... Thank you, Kevin....
  6. Hello michaelpaone and welcome to Malwarebytes, Try a fresh clean install of Chrome, see if that makes any difference... If your Chrome Bookmarks are important do this first: Go to this link: http://www.wikihow.com/Export-Bookmarks-from-Chrome follow the instructions and Export your Bookmarks from Chrome, save to your Desktop or similar. Note the instructions can also be used to Import the bookmarks..... For your Passwords go here: https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-backup-saved-passwords-in-google-chrome-browser/ Continue for a clean install: Download Chrome installer and save to install later: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html https://www.google.com/intl/en_usa/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html Next, Open Chrome and sign into your account, open a new tab and type or copy paste chrome://settings/syncSetup hit enter... In the new window that opens "Sync everthing" will probably be selected, scroll down to and select "Managed sync data on Google Dashboard" A new window will open, scroll down to and select "Reset Sync" that will clear synced data from Google Server... Continue to next step to completely Uninstall Chrome.... Next. Uninstall Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95319?hl=en-GB follow those instructions, ensure the option to "Also delete your browsing data" is selected. <<--- Very important!! Navigate to C:\Users\Your user name\Appdata\Local from that folder delete the folder named Google (you will need to show hidden files/folders to see the folder Appdata) For XP that will be My Computer > C:\ Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Roaming How to show hidden files and folders for windows: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/ Next, Install Google Chrome : Next, Import your Bookmarks... (instructions in the first step) Import Passwords... (instructions in second step above) Next, Install uBlock Origin for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en Does that help..? Thank you, Kevin..
  7. I understand, but if we do it wrong it will never boot up again. If you really cannot wait then you can try the Windows 10 Reset which won't remove your data.
  8. Hello, Since i've updated my malewarebytes on 20/07/2019 I keep recieving pop'ups concerning "website blocked due to Trojan (monerohash.com)" I ran scans but it seems it cannot catch the file? Can anyone assist me in this one? Im unsure what to do and the popups are rather annoying.. (every 10 seconds or so..) Thanks in advance! Kind regards, Aellion PS: The Port changes rather frequently..
  9. Thank you for helping me, i need my windows system back to working as its my workstation.
  10. Hey Maurice Not trying to confuse you - I read your e-mail and click on the "Go to this Post" So if you don't want me to go to that post don't put it in the e-mail. Now I think I have done what you have asked. File attached. Cheers AdwCleaner[S00].txt
  11. I need to review this and make sure we don't make a mistake. I'll will try to assist you this weekend but can't promise as I'm not officially working on the weekend. Ron
  12. Well at least we know its the update causing the problem, can you check that in History.. Open start > settings > update and security > view update history. What is the last update history id number...
  13. Today
  14. well... I did the restore and Update and Defender were working again. So I did a Windows Update and restarted and... Update stopped working and Defender disappeared again...
  15. I shut off the automatic updates, think that may work? and/or un-check some of the programs boxes...... your welcome
  16. Greetings, Unfortunately no, you can't keep the license active and definitiions updated without internet access. That said, I'm personally still using Windows 7 online and in fact I'm typing this message from a Windows 7 machine right now. Obviously in the future once support for 7 ends and Microsoft stops issuing security updates it may become a concern, but for the time being Windows 7 is still getting monthly updates from Microsoft for security vulnerabilities and issues. Of course I also take additional measures to secure my system, far beyond just running anti-malware software and installing patches. I have also fully disabled, crippled or removed every aspect of sharing, remote control, remote access and many other potentially high risk aspects of the Windows operating system, so much so that I'm actually confident that even after Microsoft stops offering updates for 7, my 7 systems will still be more secure against attack than a stock patched build of Windows 10 (I also happen to have a Windows 10 system and I've found that much of what I have done to further secure my Windows 7 system cannot be done on Windows 10 due to Microsoft making changes to the level of access and control that the user has over the operating system, and they've also tied many core functions into components that would normally only be used for things like remote control and remote access so that they cannot be safely disabled without also losing total internet connectivity which is quite unfortunate). With all of that said, I am confident that the protection provided by Malwarebytes should go far in keeping your device secure, especially if you only bring it online for updates and patches and new signatures for Malwarebytes. The great risk online of getting infected comes mostly from surfing around the web, not from doing things like installing Windows Updates and updating your anti-malware software, especially if you keep the Windows Firewall active and even more so if you connect to the web through a router or other device that acts as a hardware firewall.
  17. Excellent, I'm glad I could help. If there's anything else we might assist you with please let us know. Thanks
  18. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  19. Is there a way to update manually update malware definitions on machines not connected to the internet? I have a Win 7 computer that I need for legacy software, but for obvious reasons I don't want it online. However it occasionally gets files from other researchers via flash drive so I don't want to leave it unprotected? Does Malwarebytes support this? Does anyone know of other software that does?
  20. Issue resolved. Thank you for your expertise.
  21. This Thread/topic is for member Biscuitz13 only. who is the topic starter. If you are not BISCUITZ13 , do NOT post here @Biscuitz13 THis topic is for you and only you. Another person had posed here. But that one has his own thread-topic. Biscuitz13, Is there anything that you need at this point ? It seems to me you wrote that you have got your case taken care of.
  22. @ElPerroLoco please stick with this Topic here. This topic is yours. Do not post in the other user topic. Your last posts really got things confused. Each person has his own Topic.
  23. Thanks for the report. The tagged items with P U P are related to the Chrome browser. [ 1 ] The Chrome Syncing feature gets in the way of cleanups. need you to use Chrome and then go to https://www.google.com/settings/chrome/sync and sign into your account. Scroll down until you see the "reset sync" button and click on the button At the prompt click on "Ok". [ 2 ] I would suggest to download, Save, and then run Malwarebytes ADWCLEANER. Please close Chrome and all other open web browsers after you have saved the Adwcleaner and before you start Adwcleaner. Please download Malwarebytes AdwCleaner from here: Click the blue Download button. ( do not pay attention to the other text displayed on that screen). Be sure to Save the file first, to your system. Saving to the Downloads folder should be the default on your system. Go to the folder where you saved Adwcleaner. Double click AdwcleanerGUI to start it. At the prompt for license agreement, review and then click on I agree. You will then see a main screen for Adwcleaner. ( if you do not see it right away, minimized the other open windows, so you can see Adwcleaner). Then click on Dashboard button. Click the blue button "Scan Now". allow it a few minutes to finish the Scan. Let it remove what it finds. NOTE: When it comes to the section " Pre-installed applications You can skip that. Please find and send the Adwcleaner "C" clean report. In Adwcleaner, click the "Reports" button. Look at the list of reports for the latest date & type "Clean". Double Click that line & it will open in Notepad. Save the file to your system and then Attach that with your reply. [ 3 ] Start Malwarebytes from the Start menu. Click the SCAN button. Select a Threat Scan ( which should be the default). When the scan phase is done, if any item is detected, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical. Then click on Quarantine selected. Attach a copy of that scan-run report ( of Malwarebytes ) Thanks. Keep me advised.
  24. Thanks for the report. I have listed 2 things to do. The first is a small cleanup. [ 1 ] This is for Davide07 only.  Please Close and save any open work files before you start this next step. It may involve a Windows Restart at the end of it. I am sending a custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRSTENGLISH tool. They will both work together as a pair. Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE AS and save it directly ( as is) to the Downloads folder The tool named FRSTENGLISH.exe is already on the Downloads folder. Start the Windows Explorer and then, open the Downloads folder. Double click FRSTENGLISH to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version. Click the Fix button just once, and wait. PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. Some machines take longer than others. If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally. The tool will complete its run after restart. When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. [ 2 ] Keep going with this. The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that can be used to scan for & remove malware or potentially unwanted software from a system. The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download Let me know the result of this. [ 3 ] Kindly attach the Fixlog.txt with your next reply Let me know if the block notice " Exploit payload process blocked " happens. Fixlist.txt
  25. Hehe, well, I still use it, but only the portable version. I wouldn't run their installer on my rig if they paid me.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.