All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Greetings, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing but hopefully we can get them resolved quickly. First, we need to know if you are running Malwarebytes Premium; I assume so since it is registering with the Windows Security Center apparently but I just want to make sure in case it is some kind of issue with the free version causing the problem. It would also be helpful to provide diagnostic logs for troubleshooting purposes in case it is a bug so that the Malwarebytes team may analyze it to try and determine the cause and how to replicate it: Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair) Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply You may also try using the Start Repair function in the Support Tool to see if that is able to rectify the issue as it could simply be the result of a corrupt installation of Malwarebytes where one or more of its files got corrupted during an update. Next, I know you mentioned that you've used the two together for a long time, however there are actually some recently reported conflicts/issues with Avast and Malwarebytes on some systems, though the issue could simply be that since your registered AV in Security Center is Avast, Malwarebytes causes problems whenever it is active as it also tries to register with the Windows Security Center. To check if the latter is the issue please open Malwarebytes and navigate to settings by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then select the Security tab and under the Windows Security Center section, disable the option to have Malwarebytes register with the Windows Security Center, then restart your system and see if things return to normal, including launching Malwarebytes without any errors reported in Security Center. If that fails to resolve the issue then you might try at least temporarily disabling or removing Avast just to ensure it isn't connected to the issue somehow (the issue might be the result of a recent Avast program update, so I just want to rule it out as a possibility) and if successful in resolving the issue you may try reinstalling/re-enabling Avast and creating exclusions between the two applications if you haven't already. To do so, exclude the items listed in this support article from Avast, especially from any of its real-time protection components including any HIPS/firewall/behavior based components in Avast, then exclude Avast's main program folder (likely under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) as well as its primary data folder which is likely to be located under C:\ProgramData. Please let us know how it goes and if the issue still persists or not. Thanks
  3. OK. Thanks. We can disregard the F drive for our main purpose here. Malwarebytes did not find any rootkit. There is no rootkit here. We can wrap up this case. Let me know if you need anything else at this point. To remove the FRST64 tool & its work files, do this. Go to your Downloads folder. Do a RIGHT-click on FRST64.exe & select RENAME & then change it to UNINSTALL. Then run that ( double click on it) to begin the cleanup process. . It is not enough to just have a security program installed. Each pc user needs to practice daily safe computer and internet use. Best practices & malware prevention: Follow best practices when browsing the Internet, especially on opening links coming from untrusted sources. First rule of internet safety: slow down & think before you "click". Never click links without first hovering your mouse over the link and seeing if it is going to an odd address ( one that does not fit or is odd looking or has typos). Free games & free programs are like "candy". We do not accept them from "strangers". Never open attachments that come with unexpected ( out of the blue ) email no matter how enticing. Never open attachments from the email itself. Do not double click in the email. Always Save first and then scan with antivirus program. Pay close attention when installing 3rd-party programs. It is important that you pay attention to the license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed. Take great care in every stage of the process and every offer screen, and make sure you know what it is you're agreeing to before you click "Next". Use a Standard user account rather than an administrator-rights account when "surfing" the web. See more info on Corrine's SecurityGarden Blog http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_7.html Dont remove your current login. Just use the new Standard-user-level one for everyday use while on the internet. Do a Windows Update. Make certain that Automatic Updates is enabled. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12373/windows-update-faq Keep your system and programs up to date. Several programs release security updates on a regular basis to patch vulnerabilities. Keeping your software patched up prevents attackers from being able to exploit them to drop malware. For other added tips, read "10 easy ways to prevent malware infection" . Sincerely
  4. Sounds like a plan, and in the meantime I would also highly recommend installing Malwarebytes Browser Guard. It is a browser extension that installs on Chrome (and other Chromium based browser such as SRWare Iron and Microsoft's new Edge Chromium browser) as well as Mozilla Firefox and includes much of the same blocking as the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes but instead of operating at the network stack level, it just functions within your browser. The advantage is that it is also able to analyze the behavior and layouts of the websites you visit for known malicious patterns (such as tech support scam sites, phishing sites and the like) even for new/unknown/previously undiscovered sites within those threat categories and it also blocks many ads as well as many trackers to protect your privacy while you browse the web. It is fully compatible with the Web Protection in Malwarebytes Premium so whether you keep Web Protection enabled or disabled at any point, you can at least keep your browser shielded from malicious sites via the extension.
  5. Nope, that should be just fine The only other folder you might consider excluding would be Norton's primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData, however it isn't nearly as likely to address potential issues with performance as just excluding the AV's main program folder as you already did.
  6. Adding a filename would accomplish nothing, because any file -- regardless of what it is -- could be given a name that matches an exclusion, and could then prove fatal to your computer. Download a program that will generate an MD5 hash, determine the hash value for your Powershell file,. then enter it as an exclusion. That should work.
  7. Hello, The IP will be unblocked in the next update. Thanks for reporting Regards
  8. Hello all, I've done some searching through the forums and found a few similar threads but I'm still not finding a solution for this, short of disabling exploit protection altogether. My company's Desktop Engineering team has deployed a powershell script to various computers to perform a task. Malwarebytes is blocking it, labeling it as an exploit- Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic Affected Applications: Mshta I set up an exclusion for the .ps1 file itself but as I learned you can't exclude files from exploit protection. I've attempted adding Mshta.exe to the list of protected applications in the policy of these workstations and disabling protection to it (which I didn't really want to do) but that didn't help. I'm hoping that I'm just completely overlooking something, rather than needing to disable exploit protection completely for this policy. Any help would be appreciated!
  9. I would suggest Libre Office. https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/
  10. Today
  11. We are seeing the same issue. Please let me know if you want information, we had two more machines today.
  12. Thank you! Marshall Willis Assistant Director, Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon
  13. The manager of our Customer Success team would like to have a conversation with you, but has been having problems reaching you. He could probably provide assistance to you in a number of ways if you are willing.
  14. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  15. Hi people. I have here Windows 10 1909 build 18363.657 and Malwarebytes Premium version 4.0.4.49, package version 1.0.19462 and component package version 1.0.823. Whenever Malwarebytes is running, the Windows security tray icon turns yellow, and it says in the dashboard that there are recommended actions for Malwarebytes (please see attached screenshot). If I quit Malwarebytes, it returns to green (normal) status. I've sent the diagnostic logs to support, they told me that Malwarebytes is running ok, and I believe it, it' just annoying that it seems that are some bad code in Windows 10 or Malwarebytes itself that is producing this conflict. I also use Avast premium, if I disabled it completely the issue still persists, so it seems it's not the culprit. This issue began some 10 days ago. Anyone experiencing this same issue? Any recommendations? Thanks!
  16. Hello - my website is being flagged, however my hosting company has done a thorough scan and the site is clean (see below) Will you please un-block www.marcybrowe.com ? Thank you!
  17. Thanks @Eagle12 for the link/file. @LiquidTension will have a look at it when he gets a chance.
  18. Thanks for the lengthy and detailed explanation. I'll just 'turn off' my internet, cycle 'Web Protection', turn on internet every day, and wait for a response from your Dev team. If, after applying whatever 'fix' they develop, doesn't fix my audio, I will then look into other causes.
  19. Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've reviewed the site again and have determined it no longer warrants being blocked so we've removed it from our database. Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in a few hours or so.
  20. The F: drive I believe is a copy of an old computer getting long in the tooth. I think when it was upgraded to a new machine, the old C:\drive disk was removed from the old computer with the idea of 1) reuse and 2) ability to transfer any files that might have been missed during the upgrade.
  21. Thanks for that! I have excluded the folder C:\Program Files\Norton Security for now. If that's too broad, let me know. (I use Norton Security "basic", aka NAV, by choice.) Norton Security "dumps" folders/files all over the place, so in case there are other locations or files, let me know too. As for the revers issue, excluding MBARW and/or MBAE from Norton, I'll check on that next time I visit Norton's support forum.
  22. Hello, I would like to request a look at oldexchange.org. I suspect there was a problem with one of the wordpress plugins we were running on the museum website. I have disabled all necessary plugins and think I cleared it up. Thank you, Marshall Willis Assistant Director, Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon
  23. Thanks for the reports. As to Adwcleaner, No, you do not need to do any "basic repair". Close the Adwcleaner. What is on F drive ? Is that a removable external drive ? what is on it ? My goal on the ESET scan was just to scan the one drive that has the Windows operating system. That normally should be the C drive.
  24. You may contact Support by clicking the Submit a ticket link found at the top of this page and selecting the option for Business customers. I hope this helps. Thanks
  25. Salut, Je m'appelle Maurice. Je vous aiderai et vous guiderai à l'avenir dans ce dossier. Faites-moi savoir quel prénom vous préférez. Veuillez suivre mes instructions au fur et à mesure. Veuillez ne faire aucun changement par vous-même sans d'abord vérifier avec moi. Si vous vous absentez pendant plus de 3 jours consécutifs, essayez de me le faire savoir à l'avance, autant que possible. Veuillez simplement joindre tous les fichiers de rapport, etc. que je demande au fur et à mesure. . Veuillez avoir beaucoup de patience sur tout ce que nous faisons ici. Je comprends que vous avez rencontré un problème lors de la tentative de génération d'un rapport. Laissez-nous s'il vous plaît exécuter un outil de rapport différent. J'aimerais que vous exécutiez un outil de rapport appelé FRST. Cela n'a aucune information personnelle. C'est un produit bien connu, largement utilisé et sûr. FRST m'aidera à fournir une liste des programmes installés et d'autres informations sur votre ordinateur qui m'aideront à voir s'il y a d'autres problèmes qui ne sont pas détectés. Veuillez suivre les étapes ci-dessous pour exécuter FRST. 1: Veuillez télécharger FRST à partir du lien ci-dessous et l'enregistrer sur votre bureau: "Lien de téléchargement pour la version 32 bits de Windows" "Lien de téléchargement pour la version 64 bits de Windows" Veuillez patienter et regarder vers le haut ou le bas de votre navigateur pour l'option Exécuter ou Enregistrer. Cliquez sur Enregistrer pour enregistrer la version du fichier compatible avec votre système. Si vous n'êtes pas sûr de la version qui s'applique à votre système, téléchargez les deux et essayez de les exécuter. Un seul d'entre eux fonctionnera sur votre système, ce sera la bonne version. Maintenant, allez à l'endroit où vous avez enregistré le fichier téléchargé. Utilisez le pointeur de votre souris et faites un clic DROIT sur le fichier et sélectionnez RENOMMER Renommez ensuite le fichier en ENGLISHFRST.exe Exécuter un rapport avec ENGLISHFRST Cliquez avec le bouton droit sur ENGLISHFRST et sélectionnez Exécuter en tant qu'administrateur pour démarrer l'outil, et répondez OUI pour lui permettre de continuer et de s'exécuter. _Les utilisateurs de Windows 8 ou 10 seront informés de la protection Windows * SmartScreen * - cliquez sur la ligne Plus d'informations sur cet écran et cliquez sur le bouton Exécuter quand même sur l'écran suivant._ Cliquez sur OUI à l'invite de Windows U A C pour lui permettre de s'exécuter. Remarque: Si vous êtes invité par Windows SmartScreen, cliquez sur Plus d'infos et suivi et choisissez Exécuter quand même. Approuvez l'invite Windows UAC sur Windows Vista et les systèmes d'exploitation plus récents en cliquant sur Continuer ou sur Oui. Cliquez sur Oui lorsque * l'avertissement * apparaît dans FRST. L'outil peut vouloir se mettre à jour lui-même - dans ce cas, vous serez invité lorsque la mise à jour sera terminée et prête à l'emploi. Assurez-vous que les options d'ajout sont * cochées * - la configuration devrait ressembler exactement à l'écran ci-dessous (ne marquez pas de choses supplémentaires sauf si demandé). Appuyez sur le bouton Scan et attendez. L'outil produira 2 fichiers journaux sur votre bureau: FRST.txt, Addition.txt Cliquez sur le bouton OK lorsqu'il apparaît. Fermez les fenêtres du Bloc-notes lorsqu'elles s'affichent à l'écran. L'outil enregistre les fichiers. Veuillez joindre ces 2 fichiers à votre prochaine réponse. Je vous remercie.
  26. Per your request. Screwed up and left the browser open. It found six objects in the meanwhile, and they were quarantined. Closed the browser and rescanned with AdwCleaner; hence the second file. mea culpa. I note AdwCleaner is requesting me to 'Run Basic Repair'; should I? I ran ESET (see attached file). Surprised to see it find a piece of 'Conduit' herpesware. This first got added to the machine when I downloaded a media player seven or eight years ago. Pernicious little bugger. Tried removing it; finally had to go into the registry and kill it like HAL 9000. Even then, I had to configure my gateway router to block the beast from trying to sneak in. AdwCleaner[C00].txt AdwCleaner[S01].txt ESET Scan (2020.02.09.103650).txt
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.