All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I was at the computer during the scan. I did not see a notification until I brought up and activated the app on my PC desktop with a right mouse click..then I saw the notification. This is a bit different from what was expecting, but I am satisfied that my daily scheduled scan is running as expected. btw, normally with the previous MWB, an icon was tucked away within the upward carat hidden icon box on the right side of the task bar. Does that make sense to you...:-)...hope I have explained that correctly. Sherm
  3. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  4. I've scanned my pc with Malwarebytes, it has found 16 PUP's to quarantine, so I told it to do so and it now has reached 2000 of 16 threats qurantined, and it doesn't look like it's stopping any time soon. Does anyone know what to do?
  5. No, it shouldn't have any impact on any third party software/AVs, only the built in Windows Defender because Microsoft made their AV to work this way.
  6. I logged on to Counter-Strike Source through Steam and tried to do a server search based off of a map. As the list of servers was populating, I received a Website Blocked pop-up from MalwareBytes. Just to note, I did not connect with any of the servers. Log info is: Also, I'm currently running a MalwareBytes full scan now and am going to do a McAfee scan once that is done. Is there anything else I need to check to ensure I'm not infected? The fact it's outbound has me concerned that something is sitting on my computer.
  7. Hello @nickarsenal Thanks for the FRST. Please know that in this sub-forum for malware help, we only work one to one. It is not a group style thing. I am going to split you off to a separate topic. I will let you know after that is done. For any others besides the Original Post creator Enkopa .....please create your own separate Topic. This topic here is only for Enkopa.
  8. Greetings, Unfortunately this feature is not available at this time, however I do know that the possibility of custom user created block lists for Web Protection have been discussed in the past but I don't know if anything ever came of it or if they intend to ever implement it. In the meantime if you use any sort of firewall solution that allows importing custom block lists then that would be the way to go, or perhaps using a custom HOSTS file on your endpoints to block access to custom sites.
  9. Hi. This is my 2nd reply for Monday. Please be sure that you have seen and acted on my preceding tips ( reply # 3 on this thread here ). I would like for you to also do what follows when you have a next opportunity. The intent here is to remove 4 rogue suspect drivers + also to try to find info about the ransomware. I noticed that a few other tools have been downloaded and saved. Note that hijackthis will be of very limited use since this O S is Windows 10. The Malwarebytes Adwcleaner only deals with adwares. I noticed a tool with the name starting with spy. Please do not use it. First, they force you to pay to do anything. Second it is of dubious benefit. Please just stick with me and also not do any self medication / or run tools without checking with me first. You should also note that Stopdecrypter cannot deal with this variant ransomware at this time. It perhaps might be able in the future. But not now. Note also: Since you said it was only the removable drive that got hit, I will guide you later on doing a Custom scan with Malwarebytes for the My Passport drive. . This custom script is for Chada only. Please Close and save any open work files before you start this next step. It will involve a Windows Restart at the end of it. I am sending a custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRST64 tool. They will both work together as a pair. Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE AS and save it directly ( as is) to the Downloads folder The tool named FRST64.exe tool is already on the Downloads folder. Start the Windows Explorer and then, open the Downloads folder. Double click FRST64 to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version. IF prompted by Windows to let this tool run, DO allow it to go forward. Reply YES to let it proceed. Click the Fix button just once, and wait. PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. Some machines take longer than others. If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally. The tool will complete its run after restart. When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Let me know about the overall situation. Fixlist.txt
  10. Hello Maurice, I have the same problem and I have done steps mentioned by you. Here are my result files. Please Help me too. Thanks Addition.txt FRST.txt
  11. Problems with the website blocking can be addressed and usually fixed here on the forums. But it takes log gathering and patience communicating back and forth. It is probably other conflicting software or a possible infection that causes excessive web blocks.
  12. For any of these issues: Renewals Refunds (including double billing) Cancellations Update Billing Info Multiple Transactions Consumer Purchases Transaction Receipt Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help
  13. Today
  14. @LiquidTension Does turning on "Always Register" also disable Norton Security real-time protection? Thanks, Bill
  15. whoa thanks to this thread , i finally can remove this anomalies, apparently That SMADAV bertayed me, he was like a father to me....... but thanks for helping my problem too Thanks nasdaq very cool!
  16. My Cmore programming software got quarantined while in use as Malware.Ransom.Agent.Generic
  17. Hello, was this addressed? we don't appear to be having the issue any longer
  18. I have also tried with "Enable WMI" both on and off
  19. Hello @exile360 and @N33dful, thank you so much for taking the time to help! I tried these steps, as well as removing the firewall, and it did not work :/ Two points of change though: When pushing to non-windows 10 computer, there is no trouble at all (one is running windows 7 and the other is running windows 8). Also, after making the account on the windows computer a local account (instead of the default that is directly connected our microsoft account), the error message is "Access is Denied". I have confirmed that the account has administrator privileges. What else should I try, --Brandon
  20. Thanks for the report. We're investigating this further and will see if we can work directly with Kaspersky. Keep in mind that this can be skipped simply by removing the checkmark next to "Malwarebytes version 3.x". This will allow you to proceed with the Kaspersky installation whilst retaining your Malwarebytes installation. Afterwards, you can configure mutual exclusions in either product to reduce the likelihood of any conflicts occurring. For details on what exclusions to enter into Kaspersky, refer to the following article.
  21. Hi @shermank, A notification is still displayed when a scheduled scan completes. Were you at the computer when the scan was reported to have finished? Note the notification will self-dismiss itself, so if you were not at the computer you may have missed it. Also note that if the Malwarebytes user interface is in focus, the notification will not be displayed.
  22. Is there a way to create a custom website [BLOCKING] rule that will block certain websites so that they cannot be accessed. I know you have your default blocking that occurs based on the websites reputation, however what if we'd like to create a custom block. Thanks, tdoubleu
  23. I don't have time right now to do the experiments people are talking about, but I wanted to throw out a possible clue. I've just started getting this hitching this morning, and started wondering what might have changed to cause it. For what it's worth, yesterday I rebooted the computer after a 2-3 weeks, and it installed a Microsoft update. This morning, I opened Chrome (with about 25 tabs open) for the first time since the update. Chrome definitely seems to be a big problem here, although all those tabs were open before the update. Not sure if that helps.
  24. Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes. I'm nasdaq and will be helping you. If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed. === We need more information to give you sound advice. Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST). Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system. and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop. Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. Press Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply. How to attach a file: In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Select Click the Choose a File. Navigate to the location of the File. Click the file. It will appear in section. Click the Saving button. Please post the logs for my review. Wait for further instructions ====
  25. That's correct. Using the "Always register" setting will ultimately result in Windows Defender being disabled. You can still utilise the periodic scanning feature in Windows Defender, but it will not provide any form of real-time protection.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.