All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I followed your instruction, it works well, thanks for the help.
  3. @Swaroop I am going to get you started with the process. Please respond to all future instructions from your helper in a timely manner. Let's go ahead and run a couple of scans and get some updated logs from your system. Please read the entire post below before starting so that you're more familiar with the process Then follow each step in the order provided. Unless otherwise asked, please attach all logs Please make the following system changes: If you have not done so already - Enable System Protection and create a NEW System Restore Point Temporarily disable your antivirus real-time protection or other security software first only if it blocks or interferes with the scans or downloads.. Make sure to turn it back on once the scans are completed Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen to download software below only if needed. Make sure to turn it back on once the downloads are completed Disable-Fast-Startup Show-Hidden-Folders-Files-Extensions Please run the following scans: Click the following link and run a Scan with AdwCleaner Click the following link and run a Scan with Malwarebytes RESTART the computer Click the following link and run a Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Example image of where to click to attach files when posting your reply Then be patient for the next expert to take your case. Thank you
  4. Today
  5. Hi, I recently started having cmd.exe consuming 2gb of my ram I read a recent post By Capt_Barkhorn on the title High Memory/CPU Usage, CMD.exe. I can't follow up what the support team has replied as mine and the other user's problem would possibly be different. Can someone help as I only found this one post with a possible solution.
  6. Thanks @AdvancedSetup. I followed the auto reply directions with the clean, the repair and uninstall. With the new installation the interface has updated and all seems to be working now (it had said it was fully updated before). I haven't run the fixlist.txt file yet - should I turn off the malware bytes and run it or leave it alone unless I encounter more issues? Sorry, this feels like a dumb question but I'd rather ask than mess things up if it's working. Thanks.
  7. It looks like even Windows Defender is having issues updating. @tg457 Please run the following fix NOTE: Please read all of the information below before running this fix. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone. Once the fix has been completed, please attach the file FIXLOG.TXT to your next reply Farbar program: FRSTEnglish.exe Save the attached file: FIXLIST.TXT to this folder C:\Users\silve\Downloads\ NOTE. It's important that both files, FRSTEnglish.exe, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. Please make sure you disable any real-time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed, make sure you re-enable it. Run the Farbar program with Admin rights and press the Fix button just once and wait. The fix may possibly take up to 60 minutes to complete If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart. The tool will make a log named Fixlog.txt in the same folder you ran the Farbar program from. Please attach that log on your next reply. NOTE: This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. NOTE: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications may be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies may possibly be removed in some cases, but not all cases. NOTE: As part of this fix, it will also reset the network to default settings including the firewall. If you have custom firewall rules you need to save please export or save them first before running this fix. The following directories are emptied: Windows Temp Users Temp folders Edge, IE, FF, Chrome, and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History Recently opened files cache Discord cache Java cache Steam HTML cache Explorer thumbnail and icon cache BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files) Recycle Bin Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix. The system will be rebooted after the fix has run. fixlist.txt Thanks
  8. Here's the Logs from Malwarebytes support tool. I added it to the post above, but since the auto-reply asks for it in the reply - I'll add it here too.mbst-grab-results.zip
  9. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: Malwarebytes Support Tool - Advanced Options This feature is designed for the following reasons: For use when you are on the forums and need to provide logs for assistance For use when you don't need or want to create a ticket with Malwarebytes For use when you want to perform local troubleshooting on your own How to use the Advanced Options: Screenshots: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  10. My license renewed 5 days ago. Today, I get an alert that trusted advisor says to fix some issues. I click on Turn on for both Malware Protection and Ransomware Protection and it says pending and then goes back to Turn On. On the home screen I tried the blue indicators and I just get a blue circle doesn't turn on. Have uploaded logs from Malwarebytes Support Tool - attached below All windows updates are up to date. Haven't installed any new software in the last couple of months. Would appreciate any help on this - Thank you so much. mbst-grab-results.zip
  11. Thank you for the info, wiil let you know when it's fixed...I hope it will be. Cheers,
  12. You too. So would you like me to go ahead then and close your topic now? Did you want to go ahead and reinstall Windows?
  13. During a scan it will list all files or registry issues and it has a check mark on all of them. You simply Uncheck those you want to keep. Thanks
  14. All I saw there was QUARANTINE or CLOSE. But I will try again next time a scan runs if something else is found. On the older version, we could right click for more options (hovering over the specific file or folder).
  15. I know it doesn't seem like it when you're bit by an issue that AI or Self-Help articles don't address but statistics and metadata show that thousands of people say they are helped by automation replies or self help each month. Just between support shifts. Had I gotten your post about 8 hours ago I probably would have been able to get it resolved right away. I would expect someone to assist no later than mid day tomorrow. Best wishes
  16. Thank you. They really should make it a bit more simple to get help. AI is not programed to sole a lot of issues, one like this for instance. Thank you, Hopefully someone can fix it so I can use what I bought.
  17. You uncheck the file found in the detection and click the Next button. It will then ask if you want to ignore once or always ignore. Chose an option and it will add the exclusion Thank you
  18. I was able to locate your account and tickets. I've sent a request for escalation. Please be patient and someone will assist you as quickly as possible. USA support has left for the day but we'll see if Europe can assist. If not then tomorrow morning support from the USA should reach out. Thank you again
  19. Good day @mybadday I will do my best to assist. Please note I have removed the personally identifiable information from you post. Please never post any personal information online anywhere. That is a very good way to get phished or incur attacks and threat against your identity or computer data and is very unsafe. Let me look up your account and see what I can find and get back to you. Thank you
  20. Thank you very much for your attention. Have a happy rest of the day.
  21. So I just uninstalled the 1.75 I had been using and installed the Legacy Version of 4.3.0. A file came up in a scan that I want to IGNORE. But this new U/I does not give me the option to do that from the Scan Results. WHY NOT??? Instead I have to try and see the FULL PATH to the file, then go over to my Allow List and Manually Add it. Freaking 1.75 you could directly IGNORE an item, Why can't we do this in this newer version??? Proof that so-called "improvements" really are not that.
  22. If you wish to do that a clean install to include removal of all partitions is the most effective means of threat removal. Clean Install Windows 10 & 11 (2023) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-windows-10-11-2023/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587 Also, please review the following topic Bypass Microsoft Online Account Creation during installation of Windows 11 https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/296613-bypass-microsoft-online-account-creation-during-installation-of-windows-11/
  23. All looks good. I'll go ahead and close your topic now and wish you well. Don't forget to setup a good backup routine for your data to an external drive. Take care and stay safe out there Cheers
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.