All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  3. Keep getting popups when searching for chords and Lyrics for various songs
  4. All the same OS? What exactly was the threat detected?
  5. Today
  6. I unfortunately am remote at the moment and have shut down the computers that these were caught on. One of these was caught in a windows.old folder so it seems like this should have been caught before if it was a legit issue.
  7. Hello, can you post an MBAM log and a copy of the file please? Will need to zip the file to attach it. Thanks!
  8. Got a few computers reporting the following two files as malicious and quarantining them. \Windows\SysWOW64\winver.exe \Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-winver_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_b627d45ffdcc6f00\winver.exe Anyone have the same issues?
  9. I've been watching entirely way too much Trailer Park Boys lately lol
  10. << remarks >> I can confirm similar experience as Nukecad & Advancedsetup have mentioned above. On my Windows 10, my Task Manager display settles down after a few seconds; and gets better the more seconds go by. Like Nukecad's screen grab, my Task Manager screen had a slew of 0% cpu lines on Task Manager right at its start. @PSPrashant You had Chrome browser open with 17 tabs open. Do a test by first closing all of Chrome & also any other web browser. Then start Task Manager. Wait until at least 15 seconds. Then look at the display.
  11. Oh damn, I don't have iTunes at the moment, but good information to have. That's scary! I would always disable or uninstall it when it was on my computer or a computer that I was using; I always thought it was pointless and why was it running all the time -_-
  12. Thanks. Does the same happen if you use the On-Screen Keyboard built into Windows?
  13. Hi, Please find the log attached. Karthik 15284b5c-ee32-11e9-a3ac-54bef705e735.rar
  14. Yesterday
  15. I guess I should have posted that. I tried that and no. Copy paste from another word processor does not duplicate the problem. It is the stroke happening in the active comment box that generates the problem. I'm not sure there aren't others that would do it also, but I am sure of that particular one. Thanks for your help.
  16. I just thought of something else. Have you tried typing your text into a separate editor like notepad then pasting the text into the Facebook editor? If so, does the same issue occur when the text contains a capital 'S'?
  17. I don't use Facebook or Chrome (though I do use SRWare Iron, which is also based on Chromium, just with the Google parts cut out) so I can't replicate it, however the Support and QA guys should have no trouble trying to reproduce it. You are correct that Malwarebytes shouldn't be intercepting your keystrokes (none of them in fact; it doesn't even support any keyboard shortcuts). We'll have to wait to hear back from a member of the staff, but in the meantime I'll also document this for the Product team to submit it for analysis. They can get the Devs to investigate it from their end assuming they can replicate it. In the meantime, if you would please do the following so that they can take a closer look at your installation and configuration: Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair) Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply Thanks
  18. The seats purchased 1 is understandable. Forgive me for asking once more....I would like to inquire what else is shown at the bottom part of that MyAccount screen. like this cutout That you have clicked on the arrow-head and checked whether or not any lines are listed under device.
  19. That should say "unless I turn it OFF." You can't even edit posts here? Wow.
  20. I'm starting to worry about sounding condescending and I don't mean to. I've been in the industry since its inception. Literally. I've turned all of my other extensions off with nothing active aside from the Malwarebytes extension. It does it every time unless I turn it on. Again, not meaning to sound condescending, but you do understand that no extension or browser activity can intercept (obviously the Malwarebytes one is, however.) Shift+a character or symbol? Those are typing keystrokes by definition. I'm just trying to figure out why Malwarebytes apparently is trapping this sequence and why the result is what I posted above in FB. Whatever happens is particularly odd because when you attempt to leave a page you have commented on and not submitted, FB always pops a dialog saying your post will be lost, however; when I hit Shift+s during a comment, the blank above just happens. No dialog, unless I attempt to refresh the page or go <back.> Either of those actions produces the warning dialog. Would you be so kind as to try it and see if you experience the same result? That would help. It certainly could just be unique to my configurations. A first step, as I asked in the OP, is to see if it is a duplicable result for at least one other person. It's been happening since the beta. I just never got frustrated enough to tie it all together until today when I had to make a post with the name Susan in it and couldn't even use her name in the post. It probably didn't happen until a few days after the installation of the beta version because I probably don't use capital S's that much so I just never tied the two together. I just thought it was an anomaly with FB to begin with. FB has its own share of quirks in browsers also, and there's no use in reporting anything to them because they are about as supportive as <insert name of your least favorite company for customer support here> is. At the end of the day, it ended up not being them anyway.
  21. Then I would suggest that the link be removed by a moderator
  22. Client deleted & created a new website - genesisfab.com. Could you please do a review and remove the security warnings from the browser and remove Domain blacklisted by Malwarebytes Hosts. Thank you.
  23. Yes, I knew what you were saying, however if that particular key command happened to be used as a keyboard shortcut for your browser or for Facebook, that might have explained why this issue was occurring so I was just being thorough. The fact that this happens whenever you enter that particular key combination is very odd so clearly there is something more going on here, and I'm just trying to figure out what that could be since obviously that particular combination shouldn't have anything to do with the browser extension and certainly should not be causing the behavior you describe, and since no other users have ever reported it, I'm just trying to find out why it might be happening on your particular systems. Since you mentioned that you keep Chrome synchronized across devices, the first place I would look would be at your extensions. If any of those happens to use that particular key command then that is likely your culprit.
  24. I'm just trying to capitalize an "s" folks. No need to make it rocket science and no need to read between the lines. I can't put an "S" in a comment. :)
  25. Hi, In reference to the 3 ways shown on the article: 1- I can't verify that because the Windows Security Panel shows up blank, without any options to choose from; 2- The "turn off Windows Defender" option is set as "not configured", so I think it's not intefering with that; 3- The only key appearing in the Register in that section is the default one.
  26. Sub Lifetime Account page doesn’t use the “Available Devices” format, unlike my Annual/Renewable Account, which does. It only shows Seats Purchased 1 information, as I previously indicated. There is no Manage Device option, only Manage, which lists User(s), Status, Role, and Date added.
  27. By the way, I did find this page documenting all of the Chrome keyboard shortcuts as well as this page documenting various browser shortcuts for Facebook, however I found no reference to any SHIFT+S command (CTRL+S would be to save a file/document in most applications, however that obviously is not the key combination in question).
  28. The OP is simply referring to typing a capital 'S' in the post editor/text field on Facebook; it isn't a special command/shortcut or anything like that (though if there is some sort of shortcut/command in Chrome using those keys, that might at least partially explain the observed issue, however I searched and could find no reference to such a command and usually browsers use CTRL+<key> for their commands or ALT+<key> similar to most Windows applications).
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.