All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It is not malware, but it is a configuration that was set by adware that was installed on your system. You should remove that profile. Malwarebytes for Mac should be able to remove the adware that put it there, if it hasn't already done so.
  3. Malwarebytes for iOS is not currently available outside the US, Canada, and a few islands in the Caribbean. We're exploring solutions to expand globally.
  4. My scan is still clear on Day#2. The reinstallation of Chrome worked. Thanks.
  5. Excellent, I'm glad to hear it If there's anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate to let us know.
  6. Problem solved in other forum. Thanks
  7. Excellent, I'm glad I was able to help. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know. Thanks
  8. Today
  9. Thanks, the block will be reviewed.
  10. Thanks, the block will be reviewed.
  11. I can no longer attach files to this thread. This mornings scan log is pasted below. Malwarebytes www.malwarebytes.com -Log Details- Scan Date: 21/04/2019 Scan Time: 12:17 Log File: a65ef038-641e-11e9-8ab5-74d02b1e9580.json -Software Information- Version: 3.7.1.2839 Components Version: 1.0.563 Update Package Version: 1.0.10260 Licence: Trial -System Information- OS: Windows 8.1 CPU: x64 File System: NTFS User: System -Scan Summary- Scan Type: Threat Scan Scan Initiated By: Scheduler Result: Completed Objects Scanned: 264767 Threats Detected: 1 Threats Quarantined: 0 Time Elapsed: 17 min, 18 sec -Scan Options- Memory: Enabled Startup: Enabled Filesystem: Enabled Archives: Enabled Rootkits: Disabled Heuristics: Enabled PUP: Detect PUM: Detect -Scan Details- Process: 0 (No malicious items detected) Module: 0 (No malicious items detected) Registry Key: 0 (No malicious items detected) Registry Value: 0 (No malicious items detected) Registry Data: 0 (No malicious items detected) Data Stream: 0 (No malicious items detected) Folder: 0 (No malicious items detected) File: 1 PUP.Optional.HTTPBreaker, C:\USERS\EVANW_000\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Secure Preferences, Removal Failed, [402], [455245],1.0.10260 Physical Sector: 0 (No malicious items detected) WMI: 0 (No malicious items detected)
  12. I had already uninstalled Chrome and Opera, so I cannot uninstall. I did a file search for Chrome and deleted the remaining files. Not all of them would delete (permissions, although I am an administrator). The scan log from this morning is down to one threat that comes up as removal failed. Should I reinstall Chrome? it is my preferred browser. EvanW
  13. Thanks for your helping. I had removed vpn software and it's working now.
  14. In my case, AdwCleaner found PUP.Optional.22ChromeEXT under "Bookmarks", which is where the Sync reset came in.
  15. I was referring to the PUP.Optional.22ChromeEXT you mentioned.
  16. My friend does not have Chrome on her laptop, they use Opera and Firefox.
  17. Sounds like a malicious Chrome extension. Those have been getting pretty nasty these days. Some of them, like SmartService/Yelloader are even accompanied by rootkits. Extreme measures for a PUP/adware infection, but with a pay-per-click/pay-per-install affiliate model it's no wonder that the bad guys are leveraging such tactics to get these PUPs installed and keep them there. I've even seen one that used an actual worm to spread throughout any network connected to an infected device just to install the PUP on every system it could infect. Really nasty stuff. Chrome's become a popular target because it's used by so many these days (even more frequently targeted than IE ever since Google overtook MS in browser market share).
  18. I myself am very experienced, having 14 years of all kinds of problems. I have used Malwarebytes all that time and hold it in very high regard like the rest of the computer world. I strongly suspect that something went wrong with the download as there was NO shortcut on their desktop, plus their inexperience. I recently ran Adwcleaner and it found two dangerous virus/trojan PUP's - PUP.Optional.22ChromeEXT PUP.Optional.Legacy These PUP's are not easy to remove. With the help of your program plus a Sync reset, these two infections were completely deleted and never came back.
  19. Excellent, I'm sure they'll be able to get the situation resolved.
  20. This being a brand new system raises my suspicions. I wouldn't be surprised at all if something like this happens to them again as it may well be due to some underlying hardware fault from the manufacturer. I hope I'm wrong, but just in case I would strongly recommend they keep regular backups of anything important that is stored on that device on some kind of external media or in the cloud online or both.
  21. Why am I getting no support? Please help.
  22. Thank you for the quick response. I just put through a support ticket hopefully everything will be resolve
  23. Thank you for your explanations. The shock of having their laptop (it is brand new) having been totally wrecked by running AdwCleaner was so traumatic that they will never run another test or cleaning program again. Now that their laptop is back to normal after this devastating experience which spoilt their Easter, they will unfortunately steer well clear of Malwarebytes or any other such program.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.