All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello, Since i've updated my malewarebytes on 20/07/2019 I keep recieving pop'ups concerning "website blocked due to Trojan (monerohash.com)" I ran scans but it seems it cannot catch the file? Can anyone assist me in this one? Im unsure what to do and the popups are rather annoying.. (every 10 seconds or so..) Thanks in advance! Kind regards, Aellion PS: The Port changes rather frequently..
  3. Thank you for helping me, i need my windows system back to working as its my workstation.
  4. Hey Maurice Not trying to confuse you - I read your e-mail and click on the "Go to this Post" So if you don't want me to go to that post don't put it in the e-mail. Now I think I have done what you have asked. File attached. Cheers AdwCleaner[S00].txt
  5. I need to review this and make sure we don't make a mistake. I'll will try to assist you this weekend but can't promise as I'm not officially working on the weekend. Ron
  6. Well at least we know its the update causing the problem, can you check that in History.. Open start > settings > update and security > view update history. What is the last update history id number...
  7. Today
  8. well... I did the restore and Update and Defender were working again. So I did a Windows Update and restarted and... Update stopped working and Defender disappeared again...
  9. I shut off the automatic updates, think that may work? and/or un-check some of the programs boxes...... your welcome
  10. Greetings, Unfortunately no, you can't keep the license active and definitiions updated without internet access. That said, I'm personally still using Windows 7 online and in fact I'm typing this message from a Windows 7 machine right now. Obviously in the future once support for 7 ends and Microsoft stops issuing security updates it may become a concern, but for the time being Windows 7 is still getting monthly updates from Microsoft for security vulnerabilities and issues. Of course I also take additional measures to secure my system, far beyond just running anti-malware software and installing patches. I have also fully disabled, crippled or removed every aspect of sharing, remote control, remote access and many other potentially high risk aspects of the Windows operating system, so much so that I'm actually confident that even after Microsoft stops offering updates for 7, my 7 systems will still be more secure against attack than a stock patched build of Windows 10 (I also happen to have a Windows 10 system and I've found that much of what I have done to further secure my Windows 7 system cannot be done on Windows 10 due to Microsoft making changes to the level of access and control that the user has over the operating system, and they've also tied many core functions into components that would normally only be used for things like remote control and remote access so that they cannot be safely disabled without also losing total internet connectivity which is quite unfortunate). With all of that said, I am confident that the protection provided by Malwarebytes should go far in keeping your device secure, especially if you only bring it online for updates and patches and new signatures for Malwarebytes. The great risk online of getting infected comes mostly from surfing around the web, not from doing things like installing Windows Updates and updating your anti-malware software, especially if you keep the Windows Firewall active and even more so if you connect to the web through a router or other device that acts as a hardware firewall.
  11. Excellent, I'm glad I could help. If there's anything else we might assist you with please let us know. Thanks
  12. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  13. Is there a way to update manually update malware definitions on machines not connected to the internet? I have a Win 7 computer that I need for legacy software, but for obvious reasons I don't want it online. However it occasionally gets files from other researchers via flash drive so I don't want to leave it unprotected? Does Malwarebytes support this? Does anyone know of other software that does?
  14. Issue resolved. Thank you for your expertise.
  15. This Thread/topic is for member Biscuitz13 only. who is the topic starter. If you are not BISCUITZ13 , do NOT post here @Biscuitz13 THis topic is for you and only you. Another person had posed here. But that one has his own thread-topic. Biscuitz13, Is there anything that you need at this point ? It seems to me you wrote that you have got your case taken care of.
  16. @ElPerroLoco please stick with this Topic here. This topic is yours. Do not post in the other user topic. Your last posts really got things confused. Each person has his own Topic.
  17. Thanks for the report. The tagged items with P U P are related to the Chrome browser. [ 1 ] The Chrome Syncing feature gets in the way of cleanups. need you to use Chrome and then go to https://www.google.com/settings/chrome/sync and sign into your account. Scroll down until you see the "reset sync" button and click on the button At the prompt click on "Ok". [ 2 ] I would suggest to download, Save, and then run Malwarebytes ADWCLEANER. Please close Chrome and all other open web browsers after you have saved the Adwcleaner and before you start Adwcleaner. Please download Malwarebytes AdwCleaner from here: Click the blue Download button. ( do not pay attention to the other text displayed on that screen). Be sure to Save the file first, to your system. Saving to the Downloads folder should be the default on your system. Go to the folder where you saved Adwcleaner. Double click AdwcleanerGUI to start it. At the prompt for license agreement, review and then click on I agree. You will then see a main screen for Adwcleaner. ( if you do not see it right away, minimized the other open windows, so you can see Adwcleaner). Then click on Dashboard button. Click the blue button "Scan Now". allow it a few minutes to finish the Scan. Let it remove what it finds. NOTE: When it comes to the section " Pre-installed applications You can skip that. Please find and send the Adwcleaner "C" clean report. In Adwcleaner, click the "Reports" button. Look at the list of reports for the latest date & type "Clean". Double Click that line & it will open in Notepad. Save the file to your system and then Attach that with your reply. [ 3 ] Start Malwarebytes from the Start menu. Click the SCAN button. Select a Threat Scan ( which should be the default). When the scan phase is done, if any item is detected, be real sure you Review and have all detected lines items check-marked on each line on the left. That too is very critical. Then click on Quarantine selected. Attach a copy of that scan-run report ( of Malwarebytes ) Thanks. Keep me advised.
  18. Thanks for the report. I have listed 2 things to do. The first is a small cleanup. [ 1 ] This is for Davide07 only.  Please Close and save any open work files before you start this next step. It may involve a Windows Restart at the end of it. I am sending a custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRSTENGLISH tool. They will both work together as a pair. Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE AS and save it directly ( as is) to the Downloads folder The tool named FRSTENGLISH.exe is already on the Downloads folder. Start the Windows Explorer and then, open the Downloads folder. Double click FRSTENGLISH to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version. Click the Fix button just once, and wait. PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. Some machines take longer than others. If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally. The tool will complete its run after restart. When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. [ 2 ] Keep going with this. The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free Microsoft stand-alone virus scanner that can be used to scan for & remove malware or potentially unwanted software from a system. The download links & the how-to-run-the tool are at this link at Microsoft https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download Let me know the result of this. [ 3 ] Kindly attach the Fixlog.txt with your next reply Let me know if the block notice " Exploit payload process blocked " happens. Fixlist.txt
  19. Hehe, well, I still use it, but only the portable version. I wouldn't run their installer on my rig if they paid me.
  20. I bet I know what the problem is with the CPU. You've got a 7700HQ; Intel's 7th gen chips were known to run hot often (as were their 6th and 8th gen chips) and because Intel used less effective thermal paste under the integrated heat spreader (IHS) that covers the die of the CPU, heat isn't dissipated to your heat sync as well as it could be if they'd have used solder as they had with past generations of chips (and they started doing again with the 9th gen chips). It's up to you, and if you aren't comfortable doing so then I wouldn't recommend it, but you could delid your CPU to apply either better thermal paste between the silicon and the IHS or you could even use liquid metal. Additionally, the quality of thermal paste you use can have a huge impact on temperatures as can the application of it. I personally use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut as it gives me the lowest temps on my chips (I've used it on both CPUs and GPUs, including my current 7700K (overclocked to 4.6GHz across all cores) and my GTX 1070 (overclocked to +130MHz on the core and +450MHz on the VRAM; it typically runs around 1.9GHz when boosting during games and the memory runs at 8.9GHz) in my current laptop). I spread a thin layer of the compound and then attach the cooler to the components as evenly as possible by applying a reasonable amount of pressure on the center over the component and attach the screws, tightening them gradually in an X pattern and I find that I get really good results. Of course I have a larger 15.6" laptop so the coolers it comes with are pretty decent. I also undervolt my CPU, and if you are able to do so with your chip it could substantially improve thermal performance without sacrificing clock speeds. On my current chip I'm able to do -100MV on the core and -100MV on the uncore/cache voltage. I use a utility called ThrottleStop for that. More info on delidding if you're interested in that, can be found in the following videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9i_ULemBhI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdTsra-uLBI Also bear in mind that you don't have to use liquid metal if you delid (I didn't, and my temps are great); I'd suggest Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut which is not electrically conductive so you don't risk shorting out your CPU. I did have a 7700HQ in my last laptop and I delidded it as well and it definitely helped my temps immensely (they dropped round 10~20C across the board) and I also used Kryonaut just as I am with my current laptop. I was also able to undervolt to around -200MV on the core and around -100MV on the uncore/cache voltages using Intel XTU (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility) which is what I used for overclocking and undervolting prior to discovering ThrottleStop, which is what I use now. Your laptop may have shipped with XTU already installed; if so, you might want to take a look to see if it's undervolted or not. If it hasn't been, you can try it to see how it goes, starting around -10-20MV and moving down until you find the point where it isn't stable (you can run a benchmark to test your CPU's stability). You can find info on how to use ThrottleStop in the following posts and guides: https://www.notebookcheck.net/How-to-Lower-Temperatures-Stop-Throttling-and-Increase-Battery-Life-The-ThrottleStop-Guide-2017.213140.0.html https://beebom.com/how-use-throttlestop-control-cpu/ This guide shows how to undervolt using Intel XTU: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-XTU-Undervolting-Guide.272120.0.html The above info is optional, and if you aren't comfortable with delidding or undervolting then skip it, but it can make a huge difference in temps and performance if you're up to it. The downloads for both XTU and ThrottleStop can be found below: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU- https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/ I also noticed you still have some lingering components of Avast on your system. Please run the Avast Uninstall Utility to remove them: https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility After all that if you're still having issues please let us know and we'll move on to eliminating unnecessary startups with Autoruns.
  21. Ah-ha! Learn something new every day. I found it under Notifications and clicked on "Remove." Won't know for another hour or so if that solves the whole problem, but I'm hopeful. Thanks for your patience through all of this. You've been great to work with. Michele
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.