All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello, We've just released a new components package update (v1.0.586) that addresses the issue. See here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/242280-ladies-and-gentlemen-mb371/?do=findComment&comment=1309638 Please let us know how you get on. Thanks again for reporting this!
  3. Treed wrote: "Just a note... this would not be any kind of "automatic download." It would be something the user was tricked into downloading and installing, such as a fake Adobe Flash Player installer (which is still one of the most common scams used)." I did not download or install anything for days. Then when I turned on my computer this morning, MixBuilder self-installed. I still have MixBuilder.app in my trash if you can tell me how to get it to you (in non-techie language please). It won't drag to your attachment target window.
  4. Malwarebytes community: We have just released a new Component update for your product, version 3.7.1 v1.0.586. As always, if you don't want to wait for the 'Update Available' notification, please go ahead and retrieve the update manually by clicking Install Application Updates in Settings > Application. What is new in this version: Performance/protective capability Enhancements to the Activation process Enhanced False Positive prevention logic Stability/issues fixed Fixed Accessibility for Play Mode Fixed Compatibility Issues with Windows Defender Fixed: USB drive cannot be ejected after scan when 'Scan for rootkits' is enabled Fixed Web Protection causing delays for local mysql server Fixed: Miscellaneous stability Issues Addressed numerous other miscellaneous defects Thank you so much, -Erix
  5. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  6. hi all, I'd like to give out a usage warning for Malwarebytes 3.7.1 in companion with Windows 10 1903 (Release Preview) 18362.52 following issues have been observed for some weeks now during 1903 was in insider fast / release preview now. There have been cross test on same hardware (Dualboot) without MBAM, that did not show the issues and they are reproducible gone after running mb-clean-3.1.0.1035.exe affected products: Malwarebytes 3.7.1 Windows 10 1903 (Release Preview) 18362.52 observed issues: - your system may take a lot of time for proceeding boot and startup process after login screen has been confirmed - your system may be unresponsive in the login screen - your system may get entirely inresponsive during normal workloads - start screen (start menu), systray, mouse may become unresponsive or lag - screen may get black for some minutes and then all inputs and commands will be stacked and excuted later after the freeze - Security Center may report a warning about Malwarebytes that cannot be confirmed - Security Center may go through different states of being OK (Defender enabled, then MBAM services will disable it, leading to the status above) - Defender will be disabled as soon MBAM 3.7.1 is installed and either Premium Trial or Premium trial is enabled This behaviour is by design. However: if the MBAM Premium Trial ends after 14 days: MBAM will remain the default AV and you CANNOT enable Defender without uninstalling MBAM! There is no button in Security Center to take over Defender as Default AV solution. - Enabling Defender periodic scan can be enabled in Security Center but will be disabled after restart or shutdown, so Defender is completely disabled So far I've been able to reproduce this on 3 systems being in release preview. I've the last weeks I've tried to flag this at MSFT Insider Team, but since the uninstall solve the issue I guess it is malfunction or wrong implementation with the AV handling of MBAM in 1903 in Security Center. workaround: uninstall MBAM, as disabling RT protections will not solve that Defender is disabled and periodic Defender scans get disabled, too. If you are affected: please check the Feedback hub and comment / upvote https://aka.ms/AA4w44t https://aka.ms/AA4wmhs mb-clean-results.txt mb-clean-results2.txt
  7. Today
  8. Thank you. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what to post as an answer to the question posted by a user. Regards.
  9. Obrigado por executar a ferramenta de suporte. Os relatórios mostram que sua máquina não é bem-sucedida na tentativa de se comunicar com o sistema Malwarebytes. Aqui está a primeira edição. O arquivo hosts nesta máquina está bloqueando as tentativas. Blocos de arquivos hosts ================================== Dados do host: 0.0.0.0 serius.mwbsys.com Dados do host: 0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com Esses 2 entroes têm que ser removidos do arquivo hosts do Windows. A Microsoft tem um artigo que explica como redefinir os hosts para o padrão https://support.microsoft.com/pt-br/help/972034/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default
  10. Scam callers are able to spoof calls from any number they want to. It's pretty trivial to do. For some reason, a scammer has decided to spoof the call from your number... either that, or screwed up the spoofing so it's using the same number for both the call and the spoofed caller ID! Unfortunately, there's not anything that can be done about this currently. We can't tell if a call is spoofed or not. There may be something that could be done in a future update, though, since it really doesn't make any sense for you to call yourself.
  11. Olá e bem-vindo a bordo do fórum Malwarebytes. Eu entendo que você tem algum problema sobre a licença. O que está tentando fazer? E muito mais importante.... Qual é a mensagem exata exibida pelo Malwarebytes sobre a licença?
  12. Hi, I am now getting calls that say they are from Tom's iphone. That is the name of my phone. How can my own phone be calling the same phone.?? obviously this isnt happening, but some type of spoofing. Im just curious if there is malware on my phone that does this, or somehow a caller can make my phone show my own caller ID. So friggin odd. Also how do you make it stop.???
  13. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  14. I can receive Thunderbird mail but cannot send. Could my MLB be causing this?
  15. ***This is an automated reply*** Hi, Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum. If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: Thanks in advance for your patience. -The Malwarebytes Forum Team
  16. Estou com problema na hora de fazer uma licença do programa. I have a problem when it comes to doing the program license. mbst-grab-results.zip
  17. You're welcome, I'm glad I could help
  18. There is a big difference between an infection and the changes made to browser settings that must be dealt with manually after removing an infection. Please be sure you have followed the instructions in the article MAXBAR1 linked to. If that doesn't fix the problem, let me know.
  19. Malwarebytes Premium does NOT remove SafeFinder Virus. It is STILL persistent after several scans and reboots. please ADD this highly unethical malware into your standard definitions and do the right thing for Mac users.
  20. I am trying to update my PrintableCal add-on for Microsoft Excel to the most recent version. I was able to install the add-on without a problem a month ago, but as I try to update to a newer version, MalwareBytes brings up an "Exploit Blocked" box and the update fails. I have attached the Log File below. I also contacted PrintableCal support about this and they responded with: I used VirusTotal to scan both the latest PrintableCal installer. You can find the reports linked below. VirusTotal uses the MalwareBytes engine, as well as 68 other antivirus engines. There were 0 detections, which would further indicate that either your virus definition file is outdated, or something is wrong with your Malwarebytes installation. https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/10f7dae81edc55ee84994535483d89de100f894aa27b2f2daaaaba6ad60029b8/detection Thank you, Ann Winter - wintermail@alum.mit.edu Malwarebytes www.malwarebytes.com -Log Details- Protection Event Date: 4/25/19 Protection Event Time: 9:28 AM Log File: 5a01c350-6766-11e9-becf-000000000000.json -Software Information- Version: 3.7.1.2839 Components Version: 1.0.563 Update Package Version: 1.0.10332 License: Premium -System Information- OS: Windows 10 (Build 17134.706) CPU: x64 File System: NTFS User: System -Exploit Details- File: 0 (No malicious items detected) Exploit: 1 Malware.Exploit.Agent.Generic, , Blocked, [0], [392684],0.0.0 -Exploit Data- Affected Application: Microsoft Office Excel Protection Layer: Application Behavior Protection Protection Technique: Exploit payload file blocked File Name: C:\Users\Winter\AppData\Local\Temp\PrintableCal_Setup.exe URL: (end)
  21. MWB Scan 4-25-19.txtAdwCleaner[C00].txt These are the logs from MWB and ADW. MWB again found no threats and ADW found a bunch. I am attempting to run FRST now.
  22. I don't think the EtreCheck report is likely to help, as the app that contains the extension could be anywhere, and unless John has added something recently I'm not aware of, it doesn't have anything to search for these app extensions. Power users can use the data generated by lsregister to find them: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -dump > ~/Desktop/lsregister.txt Searching the output - saved into lsregister.txt in the above example - for MixBuilder should turn something up, but that info would be hard for most users to read and understand.
  23. Thankyou very much Exile360. I thought this might be the case and just needed confirmation. As you suggest I will keep the programme and scan with ADWCleaner occasionally. Best Regards, Keith1947
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.