All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. All these are routine logs. (may_25.txt is a Malwarebytes log.) Also experiencing an interesting thing about Malwarebytes apparently detecting malware upon its periodical scan (happens at each laptop bootup), then the result chart doesn't specify the type of detection nor included no file name. I checked the log and found nothing either. Other than that, nothing new. But the false positive on Lenovo is still there. (Image 1) I'm also sending AdwCleaner's quarantine list (Image 2) for a more detailed report, since I didn't notice these from my Malwarebyte quarantine (the Trojan Agent's full registry name is "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run|SysHelper") may_25.txt AdwCleaner[S04].txt FRST.txt Addition.txt
  3. Okay, turns out it did turn on Windows update, fortunately I remembered how to stop it in time.
  4. I apologize but I have to make a further addition. I noticed that in the taskmanager there was also another COM Surrogate process, also the one connected to dllhost.exe. I thought there was a conflict between the two processes so I gave the taskmanager to stop the apparently blocked one. Now the problem seems solved however I would like it to be resolved definitively while I know that it is not the first time that it presents itself and the solution just adopted is only the cure for the symptom. How to eliminate the root problem?
  5. Hi Dashke, I'm one of the devs of BitDownloader. We've never displayed any push notifications. However, we did have popup ads up until a month ago but they've been removed ever since. I'm not sure why our website is still flagged as PUP and I believe this to be a false positive. Please take a look into this matter again. As far as this is concerned, there are no push notifications, popup, or malicious ads on the website. Thanks for your consideration.
  6. I found the process is connected to dllhost.exe, and this is normal, i think... But why does that process now use all that energy?
  7. Today
  8. I see another problem with my computer, a problem o f over heating. In the task manager i see the process COM Surrogate that uses 17% of the CPU, and a high electrical consumption and a high tendency to high electrical consumption. From a search on the internet I have ascertained that viruses can hide behind this name so as not to be detected by the system, nor by antivirus software, moreover I have ascertained that it would normally be a process that uses few resources. Scans of Malwarebytes and Windows Defender have not found anything but my laptop always has the fan on and continuously dissipates heat. How can I solve this problem?
  9. You also have the option of reverting to an earlier component package version, which will allow you to keep Web Protection enabled. You can download this from here: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/z6cravnwptrzx5tyjw36jq6zt6c7apsx Once installed, you will need to disable the two update options found in Settings -> General -> Application updates to prevent the product from updating back to the affected version. I suggest using the following clean install guide. Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool Please have lots of patience with the tool. The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart. After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up. Please be patient and have faith. Wait for it, whatever it takes. The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install. Say no and use the download from my above link and install the old version and disable the update before you do anything else. Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.
  10. I've been having the same problem. As Spekledegg mentioned, turning off web protection stops the stuttering/lockups. I really don't want to run Malwarebytes without the web protection, it's one of the main reasons I purchased a subscription. Is there any resolution to this?
  11. Aside from having to relog into all my accounts in firefox (which I kinda expected) things seem to be working fine, unfortunately so far the two issues that made me decide to check with you don't seem to have been fixed (ie, the supposedly corrupted fonts and the Streamlabs OBS freezing,) but this just mostly confirms for me that they weren't virus related. After running KVRT, I checked the About tab in the Windows 10 settings screen and all the entries had green checks. I think I saw Windows complain that Antivirus hadn't been activated but I think it was just that MWB was a little slow to fire up on reboot. I replaced Avira with Panda Antivirus as a back up to Malwarebytes (I'd gotten a little concerned that Aveira had installed like 5 unwanted applications along with it's antivirus package) and after confirming that SL OBS still freezes, which forced me to powercycle/reboot, I noticed the "device performance and Health" check had become a gray dot. Would that be related to the fact that I'd installed Panda antivirus? or the reboot? Or maybe it was slow in picking up on my deferred windows update settings? I had intentionally stopped it since much of microsoft's forced feature patching in recent months had become almost as dangerous as viruses. Thank you sincerly for helping me thoroughly cleanse my system. Hopefully this means there's nothing else left to distract me from focusing on trying to fix my fonts which I need for work. As for the other issue, I'm dumping Streamlabs OBS for Regular OBS studio, far less resource usage and no freezing.
  12. So far, so good. No reoccurrence of the offending Trojan. I’ll go ahead and run the other scans. Would it be safe to resync my phone Chrome to my laptops?
  13. If nothing is wrong then it would pass all scans by all antivirus engines as well as review for PUP behavior, etc. Are we blocking it? Please post relevant scan or protection log with the detection please.
  14. Well, Sality is a very nasty file infector. Reinstalling Windows does not always fix the issue depending on how it was done. I'd like to request you run a new scan with FRST and let's see what it says Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. Press the Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well. Thank you
  15. We'll get to that soon for Malwarebytes. Please open REGEDIT.EXE and click on Edit, Find Then type in the following: Java(TM) 6 Right click on each Key you find and save it to Notepad and post back here when done.
  16. You might also try disabling Controlled Folder Access at least temporarily until these issues are resolved. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/113380-enable-disable-controlled-folder-access-windows-10-a.html
  17. Not sure why you're trying to run this out of this folder Controlled Folder Access blocked D:\DOWNLOADS\SumFolder\mbar\mbar.exe from making changes to memory. Detection time: 2020-05-23T14:26:43.055Z You also have some possible hardware issues System errors: ============= Error: (05/24/2020 02:11:39 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7023) (User: ) Description: The Windows Push Notifications System Service service terminated with the following error: The class is configured to run as a security id different from the caller Error: (05/24/2020 02:11:10 PM) (Source: TPM) (EventID: 27) (User: NT AUTHORITY) Description: The initializatio This may or may not help correct any of those issues but let's try fixlist.txt Thanks
  18. Hello @rafikiphoto Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready. STEP 01 If you're already running Malwarebytes then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button. If you don't have Malwarebytes installed yet please download it from here and install it. Once installed then open Malwarebytes and select Scan and let it run. Once the scan is completed click on the View Report button, then the Export button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find and attach that log on your next reply. If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know in your next reply. STEP 02 Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop. Right-click on the program and select Run as Administrator to start the tool. Accept the Terms of use. Wait until the database is updated. Click Scan Now. When finished, please click Clean & Repair. Your PC should reboot now if any items were found. After reboot, a log file will be opened. Attach or Copy its content into your next reply. RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3 STEP 03 Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer. Press the Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply. The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a checkmark here. Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well. Thanks
  19. Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop. NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work. NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system. Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart. The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply. Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version. fixlist.txt Thanks
  20. Not sure about reinstall. Does Garmin install Ads or shortcuts or games? The logs are not showing any obvious infections. Take a look at the following topic and I'd highly recommend you install uBlock Origins and Malwarebytes Browser Guard https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258363-tips-to-help-protect-from-infection/ For a few day, try right click on Malwarebytes tray incon and uncheck the Web Protection module. See if speed improves any and let me know.
  21. I have a blank task in task manager that says its svchost taking at max 40% gpu and 15% cpu, but uses less gpu when something else is using the gpu. I just noticed this today and neither Malwarebytes or Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit found anything on my pc. I can't figure out what the problem is and would love some help. Also I don't want to reset my pc if at all possible.
  22. Good, It would seem our fix from Recovery Environment worked. Both SFC and DISM both ran properly this time and all looks good. How is the computer running now? Are there any other signs of infection or other issues?
  23. 0 issues were found during the HouseCall scan. I did a full scan that took about 3-4 hours to complete.
  24. I am afraid we may be going round-and round. However, we want Advanced options. I hope you go back and look at my last couple of replies with the pictures. Or at least if you get to Advanced Options , then choose "Command Prompt" Aside from that.... I need to ask you if you have another working computer at home , plus a clean USB-flash-thumb drive that has capacity of 8 GB. If that is so, and that computer has Windows 10, I can have you make a rescue USB.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.