Reasons as to why MBAM Real-Time Protection may have turned off?

I was on my computer and I went to Malwarebytes and it said that my Real-Time Protection was disabled and to fix if so I clicked fix it and it turned back on. I have never ran into this before. I have both the "enable malware protection when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware starts" and "enable malicious website protection when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware starts" enabled. It is on now but I was wondering as to why it turned off in the first place? I never disabled anything.

Any feedback would appreciated!

Hi, again, @Confused: :)

There are several possible explanations for the behavior you report.

If rebooting the computer does not resolve the issue, please read the following and attach to your next reply a fresh set of all 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt).

Note: If you have already run FRST on this computer before, please be sure to place a check-mark in the "Addition.txt" option before you run it again.

Thanks,

It was just a question as to why it may have happened.

And, unfortunately, we cannot answer the question without seeing the logs. :(

There are many possible reasons for the behavior, each computer is unique, and we are not in front of your system.

So, if you would like further assistance, we respectfully ask that you please post the logs, as requested.

Thanks again,

Hello Confused:

The logs indicate a failure of the Microsoft Management Console system application (C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe) that may be troubling. If any dump file(s) exist in the C:\WINDOWS\Minidump directory that coincide with the failure, it might be best to make a copy of the/those .dmp file(s) for short-term preservation as some system or 3rd party utilities may delete it/them.

Otherwise further corrective actions are not permitted in this subforum and I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

Thank you.