[SOLVED] Browsers not opening with MBAE & Kaskpersky 16 (Firefox XPCOM)

Stevie D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, Kapersky sent me back an email this week after my complaining saying that two virus programs shouldn't be used together, which I'm aware of. They also suggested uninstalling KIS2016 and Malwarebytes programs and reinstalling KIS 2016 first, which I did, followed by reinstalling MBAM's latest release. I have not reinstalled MBAE yet.

When all three were previously installed I disabled the browser shields in order to run all three softwares, which worked. However I was having problems with Yahoo online web mail where some buttons were not working as expected, their web mail was responding extremely slow, and the normal sign out button was not accessible from the mail mail view page. With only KIS 2016 and MBAM 2.18.1057 reinstalled I've noticed that I have not had those issues any longer with Yahoo mail. So having MBAE reinstalled won't be coming anytime soon unless I hear that the incompatibility issues have been resolved. Life is too short!!

Well that not good, does that mean the end of Malwarebyte Anti-Exploits for Kaspersky users if they decide not to work on fixing it?

Their forum users tends to to suggest not to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium active protection with Kaspersky which to me it is misleading and them being misinform.

• Staff

MBAE is not an antivirus program and neither is MBAM. Kaspersky is being a little too defensive in their position. There are hundreds of millions of users running MBAM alongside other AV products like Kaspersky for years and without any negative impact (just the positive side effect of blocking the zero-day malware the AV misses).

Anyhow, this problem is already fixed and tested in the upcoming MBAE 1.08 beta. Please keep an eye for the announcement of the beta in this forum.

Thanks for your time Pedro, I agree with you on Kaspersky.

I always find it distastful and concerning when any company thinks their the big dog and shows that in their irrogance.

I'm looking forward to MBAE 1.08

Have downloaded in installed the Beta release and my browser opens again, thank you all for your hard work on this!

New behavior -- clicking on links in email, I get a pop-up with "Google chrome is unresponsive.  Relaunch now?".  I haven't tried clicking "yes" yet, as I was validating my registration and now posting.  So, I'm not sure what happens there.

When I open a protected browser via KIS 2016, I get a lot of notices about blocking suspicious action of MBAE (Perform code injection, Duplicate internal process handle, Read memory from other processes, Access memory of other processes).   Is this expected/normal?  

Thanks in advance!

• Staff

@jjustjjo, the other behavior you are seeing with Kaspersky is specific to their SafeMoney browser feature. This is not a conflict with Malwarebytes per se, but with any security product that integrate with the browser. It seems Kaspersky does not have a whitelisting option for this SafeMoney feature.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t330416.html

"Unfortunately KIS does (by design) not take any kind of exclusions into account when doing the safe money checks, so the alerts cannot be selectively tuned out. "